V10 Firmware

Did the process of sending the v10 banks ran smoothly with the v1.9? I've tried like 10 times now and each bank only transfers the first preset. Then nothing.... Any ideas?

I followed this and there were no problems, all banks loaded fine.

I want to advice you that your new ad motto "a milestone among milestones" sound funny for the spanish community and it could sound scatological... A milestone when referred to stones put on the road marking the distnace in miles is known in spain as a "mojon"; unfortunately "mojon" also means [edited]"mierda"...sorry

Last edited:
I want to advice you that your new ad motto "a milestone among milestones" sound funny for the spanish community and it could sound scatological... A milestone when referred to stones put on the road marking the distnace in miles is known in spain as a "mojon"; unfortunately "mojon" also means "shit"...sorry

LMAO. As someone who has worked in many international businesses, I've shot myself in the head with things like this many times. Also, my last name is only one letter from the spanish word for "garbage" and I can't tell you how many times boxes of personal items have been thrown in the trash by office cleaning crews because my last name was on the box.

Thank you Cliff! I endured the pain of watching the event unfold from my various hotel rooms this weekend while out gigging. Back in the saddle today and can't wait to dive into pool. Thanks again to the entire Fractal team as well.

I followed this and there were no problems, all banks loaded fine.

I followed exactly the same!!! As I always have since version 4. Maybe I will try some more because the ae after the first preset transfer it doesn't recognise the unit. That's why it probably stops. Axe edit does not respond after this.

One other thing is that when I go to status to see the input output levels the CPU is always above 50% and at some simple presets it touches 74% which is really weird. The old presets is fw6.02.....yeap ages ago....but the video of mine you saw few days ago is with the same 6.02 version....!!!

Anybody got an idea how and where you import the system file for the 10? It's in the same folder with the banks.

Does anyone know how to turn off the MIMIC feature?

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a step-by-step or wiki of how to setup the axe II with an interface (motu 828mk3 hybrid) for maximum quality and minimum latency?

Thanks,
Layne

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a step-by-step or wiki of how to setup the axe II with an interface (motu 828mk3 hybrid) for maximum quality and minimum latency?

Thanks,

Layne

The mimic feature can be turned off in the amp block under the tone tab

Thanks,
Layne

It's the last parameter on the ADV page of each Amp block.

(It can't be done Globally, only by preset) Go to the Amp block's Advanced page and scroll down all the way to the bottom. The selection to turn if off is the very last one listed.

EDIT -You guys post too fast. Why don't you answer his second question and leave the simple stuff to me. :mrgreen.

It's the last parameter on the ADV page of each Amp block.

Thank you!

How do u guys feel about v10? It really changed the way all of my presets sound. Some for the better and some for the worse.

It is weird... I am running S/PDIF from AXE II to my Motu 828mk3. When I listen to the headphone out of AXE II it sounds great but when I listen to the headphone out of the 828mk3 it does not sound as full and it seems to have latency even though it is a zero latency interface?

I am a total newb. Just looking to get educated!

Thanks,
Layne

I just bought my Axe Fx II last week (being user of a couple of Ultras for years).
I waited till 10 was available to try the thing, yesterday I did it.
I had SO MUCH FUN. Couldn't stop playing for hours. I enjoyed Plexis specially.

Amazing thing. Really.

This update is ridiculous and we love you guys for it. You're building up a huge stock of good karma, cliff and gang and nothing comes close to good karma. Keep up the good work!

Did the process of sending the v10 banks ran smoothly with the v1.9? I've tried like 10 times now and each bank only transfers the first preset. Then nothing.... Any ideas?
I've also had some weirdness with Axe-Edit 1.9. Preset transfers from the Axe-Fx weree spotty, AxeManage a bit flaky, parameter manipulation unreliable, that sort of thing. I reinstalled Ae, and that significantly reduced—but did not eliminate—the problems.

V10 firmware updated just fine and FINALLY I can use AXE-EDIT for the first time. Damn! Pretty convenient. My main djent rythm patch sounds a little more open and bouncier with the same settings, wich I love. Awesome!! :)

The Axe Edit and firmware updated perfectly!

QUESTION : Does setting the global firmware to 9xx mean your 9xx presets will work as they did?

Mine sound way different ... anything I am missing here? I uploaded my old bank A to bank B, and it still sounds different.

Sooo many posts here, I don't know where to look ...

Thanks for any help

(previously posted into the wrong thread :eek:)

I think I'm over the honeymoon period now. All I can say is ...

OMG - best update ever. Great amp tones and articulation. Sweeter high end and overall, more "musical". Better drives. Great new amps, features and tweaking options.

Thanks so much Cliff & team :p

Back
Top Bottom