V10 Firmware

V10 parametric eq: the parametric curve is going bananas changing between wierd curves very fast when i dial in the eq, is this a bug? Never happened with v9

Stock German Cab mixed with the new 4 x12 Basketweave TV mix is so amazing and well balanced for high gain tones! Loving the new IRs.

1st try with band tonight, absolutely perfect. Had to dial a bit down treble on DLR settings, and finally now play the axe Fx at almost exactly the same "knob" settings as when I had "the original" one (sold one year ago). Very impressive. Hot sounds come out really full loaded and playing the guitar with the newly boosted engine is like easier as before or with a physical amp. Quite some volume adjustments/balances here and there. Absolutely impressive, better than ever before; just with a K4 keyboard amp as monitor & the axe direct over PA. Congratulations to FA. Since V7 couldn't imagine it might become so perfect. "Better than the real thing" !

What bugs does V10 have I flea dipped my when I updated :lol no seriously I didn't know it had bugs is there a list

Firmware 10.02 now available

(Includes firmware 10.01)

10.02:
- Changed USA Pre Green and USA Pre Yellow amp models to have power amp sim active by default (Supply Sag nonzero).
- Increased output level of Division 13 and Shiver Clean amp models based on customer feedback.
- Added “Plexi 100W Nrml” model.
- Removed pass-through of MIDI Clock messages as this causes excessive lag when using MFC-101 via the CAT-5 connection.
- Fixed Amp block speaker impedance graph “shifting”.
- Fixed sync message not sent to Axe-Edit when changing bypass state via front panel.
- Fixed parameter text being overwritten when a Scene Select is received over MIDI.

10.01:
- Added Mode parameter to Tone Match block. When sst to “Offline” the algorithm is optimized for non-real-time matching, i.e. matching a recording. When set to “Live” the algorithm is optimized for matching a live source such as an amp. Note that the Live mode can also be used for matching recordings and, in some cases, may achieve better results than Offline mode.
- Fixed crashing due to bug in Looper block.

Nice. I only updated to V10 two days ago, so I'm still finding my way around and redoing/updating my presets, but it's great to see the on-going development after such a major firmware release. As for my impressions of V10, it seems there really is something magical about it, especially with the DoubleVerb as my go-to clean sound which needed surprisingly little re-tweaking in my case, but my gain-ier presets definitely need an overhaul. I wonder if I'll end up with the FAS brown and FAS modern/6160 again or whether I'll be using an actual real-amp-sim. :)

It's a bit hard letting go of the time I spent dialing in my V9 presets, but so far I'd say that dialing them in with V10 will be even more rewarding. And to think I just left my sleep-work-eat-Axe routine mere weeks ago...

Back
Top Bottom