Using Backing Tracks to Trigger Preset/Scene Changes w/ Bandhelper

The Yamaha bluetooth adapter is the shizzle.

Does the Yamaha MD-BT01 work well?

I was also considering the Zivix puc+.
41BSHzLo89L.jpg

Very cool thread guys.

We use SetListMaker but only for lyrics / chords. With a 4 piece band, just the ability to update / download set lists and to add new songs has been great.

Also, our lead singer is the song writer too. He used to have a jumbled sheeve of loose papers on a ramshackle music stand on stage. That always bugged the hell out of me lol

Stage looks much better with the iPads on mic stand mounts.

Curious, why only for lyrics and chords?

We have no automation for any of our shows.

I'm 50/50 using the Fractal rig or an all analog acoustic guitar rig.

We have acoustic drums, bass with backline amp. The lead singer uses an acoustic guitar into a Boss GT-100 or sometimes just a DI.

So really no need for any other features of SLM. I do use a bluetooth AirTurn pedal to page down during the show. I don't really need that too much. I typically have it all memorized but it's nice when singing BGV to see the lyrics of the choruses.

Okay, so far so good! The theory I posted seems to translate to the real world!

Here's what I have so far, in terms of hardware;

Axe-Fx - Ch. 4
SDD-3000 Delay Pedal - Ch. 1
Korg A3 - Ch. 2

I have an iPad Mini, with a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, plugged into to a MIDI Sport Uno. I have the MIDI Sport Uno (To MIDI IN) connected to the MIDI IN of a Roland MM-4 MIDI Thru Box. Looks like this;

roland-mm-midi-thru-box_360_b03c0ffae2b4e4fdd3c1cd34e359d920.jpg

Then I have MIDI OUT 1, 2 and 3 from the MM-4 connected to the MIDI-IN of the Axe-Fx, A3 and SDD-3000. Once I setup the devices in Bandhelper, I was able to select a preset from each of the three units and select scenes in the Axe-Fx! There seems to be an offset issue with the with the A3 and SDD-3000, but I can figure that out or just deal with it as is.

Next steps, integrate my GCX switcher, so I can select loops for pedals I still have (for now). I'm thinking all I have to do is connect the GCX to PUT 4 of the MM-4, then send CC commands to MIDI channel 16, which is the default and non-changeable (I believe) MIDI channel of the GCX, as per the manual.

Then all I have to do is figure out how to put it all together with BT's and set lists, etc. and I will have hopefully completely automated my foot stomping, essentially eliminating the need for my GCPro, which will allow me concentrate on playing. :)

Toopy is it easy enougn to link my A3 and SDD with my Axe11 ? they have been lying gathering dust
as I aint the brightest spark with all these gagets lol
Also would I be able to play with headphones if I can link them all up

Toopy is it easy enougn to link my A3 and SDD with my Axe11 ?

Not sure what you mean by link, but I use mine in the GCX loops. I use them with my Axe-Fx when I play through my AC30. When I play through headphones, I use the Axe-Fx along with my pedals, SD-1, TS-9, CS-2 and Dynacomp.

Not sure what you mean by link, but I use mine in the GCX loops. I use them with my Axe-Fx when I play through my AC30. When I play through headphones, I use the Axe-Fx along with my pedals, SD-1, TS-9, CS-2 and Dynacomp.
Would it not be possible to use headphones with them without going through an amp
I have 2 vintage AC30s that I will be selling as I no longer gig
And staying in a flat I have both the neighbours and more important the wife to concider
at the Moment I am using Genelec monitors turned way down and my Headphones

...is it easy enougn to link my A3 and SDD with my Axe11
If by "link" you mean connect them so audio signal goes from on to another, then yes. I's very easy.

Would it not be possible to use headphones with them without going through an amp
No amp needed. You'd be using the map modeling in your Axe.

I have Yamaha's MD-BT01.

It works great with FracPad on my iPad (with MIDImittr inbetween).

I can also use it with BandHelper to send MIDI data to my Axe-Fx.

But: it just won't recognize incoming Program Changes.

I know the interface works. And it sees MIDI traffic (sysex). But it doesn't recognize / respond to preset changes on the Axe-Fx, coming through MIDI OUT.

I think it's a problem with BandHelper. Can anyone confirm?

Never used BandHelper myself just SetListMaker. What is it your wanting to do with incoming data? For me SetListMaker works without having to use MIDImittr but i do need it for FracPad. I don't think I've used both apps at the same time.

Nope, the iOS app on iPad. It doesn't need Midimittr, and doesn't run at the same time as FracPad. I'm using the app both ways: sending program changes from BandHelper to my Axe-Fx (works) and receiving Program Changes from Axe-Fx into BandHelper (does not work).

Works with a Roland Um-One, but not fully with the MD-BT01.

Open a support ticket on the Bandhelper website. Arlo or someone else will get back to you very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom