Using Backing Tracks to Trigger Preset/Scene Changes w/ Bandhelper

I created MIDI presets for each song. One for the preset, then one for each of the scenes. I then add the MIDI presets to the song and hit the record option and start the BT. Then as the BT plays, I’ll tap the icons to change the scenes at the appropriate time. Then I do a second pass to scroll the lyrics. The only adjustment I need to make, is to set the time of the first preset selection and the start of the BT to 0:00.

I'm with you, but if I make a mistake or two time wise tapping the scene selection near the end of the song, then I have to start at the beginning either to test an edit or redo it.

Regardless it's so cool to be able to automate things!

I'm with you, but if I make a mistake or two time wise tapping the scene selection near the end of the song, then I have to start at the beginning either to test an edit or redo it.

You probably already know this, but if you make a mistake, you can edit the automation track to remove an event or tweak the time.

Yes thank you, that's part of what I'm saying, the editing takes so long. Partially it could be I have big hands that I feel don't get good response from my tapping. Often when I double tap a line to highlight. I'll get several scroll entries. Also if need several really precise scene changes, I can only tell if they're right by playing through. It a scene change is 4 minutes into the song it takes that long just to test it. Then if it needs another edit or more. It's the only reason I'm exploring the midi file approach.

Back
Top Bottom