USB Firmware V 1.14 BETA (Public Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm personally not aware of this issue. Can you point me to a thread on the forum that describes this?

Also, did this issue exist before using this beta?
Yes, this issue exist before using this beta. I haven't tried this beta yet, I'm on vacation right now, but there is definitely freezing of Axe EDIT III and Pro Tools 12.5 when both are turned on.
In my case, if I disable Axe FX III as a MIDI device in Pro Tools, Pro Tools and Axe Edit can work both turned on.

I'm personally not aware of this issue. Can you point me to a thread on the forum that describes this?

Also, did this issue exist before using this beta?
This thread has some info - https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-pro-tools-crashing-pc.169441/

I did create a support ticket with Fractal at the time (it's about a year ago - so, yes...way before this beta).

I'm happy to be a private beta tester on this one. Also, let me know if you need more details.

I don't know if anybody knows the answer to that, and I don't know where the fault lies, but the fact is only FAS can diagnose the problem with an Axe-Edit hang, so you should probably start by contacting FAS tech support. Surely somebody at FAS has ProTools.
I contacted FAS tech support and the answer was to disable Axe FX III as a MIDI device. Okay, this way you can use Axe Edit simultaneously with Pro Tools, but I encountered this problem only with Axe Edit when working with Pro Tools.

I contacted FAS tech support and the answer was to disable Axe FX III as a MIDI device. Okay, this way you can use Axe Edit simultaneously with Pro Tools, but I encountered this problem only with Axe Edit when working with Pro Tools.
That doesn't work for me...issue still persists.

That doesn't work for me...issue still persists.
I'm sorry that it's like that in your case. It worked for me immediately. Try one of the Windows control methods or reinstall Windows, I know it's easy to say, but disabling Axe FX III as a MIDI device in Pro Tools must solve the simultaneous operation of Axe Edit and Pro Tools.

Last edited:
Anything that "grabs" the MIDI ports on the Axe-Fx will prevent Axe-Edit form working. This is a known issue with Logic and Pro Tools as they grab any detected MIDI ports by default. You need to go into the setup menu for these products and disable the Axe-Fx MIDI ports in order for Axe-Edit to be able to use them.

Anything that "grabs" the MIDI ports on the Axe-Fx will prevent Axe-Edit form working. This is a known issue with Logic and Pro Tools as they grab any detected MIDI ports by default. You need to go into the setup menu for these products and disable the Axe-Fx MIDI ports in order for Axe-Edit to be able to use them.
Many thanks for the professional explanation.

1657746863466.png
Unless there's another way to do this, I'm not using MIDI for input.

@Mladen How did you disabled Midi in Pro Tools?

View attachment 104846
Unless there's another way to do this, I'm not using MIDI for input.

@Mladen How did you disabled Midi in Pro Tools?
I'm on vacation right now and I don't have access to Pro Tools, but as far as I remember: Setup -> MIDI -> Midi input -> uncheck Axe FX III.
The state is obtained as in the attachment you provided.
In my opinion, Windows recovery or reinstallation remains.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom