USB Firmware V 1.14 BETA (Public Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just to be clear, that's the value we should use as DAW latency compensation to have perfect alignment when reamping, right?
If you want perfect alignment, yeah you could use additional fixed offset - the 24-32 sample offset is small enough that you could skip it without much of an issue (as @GlennO mentioned).

Screenshot 2022-07-11 131833.png

For example I can use "Use audio driver reported latency" with Reaper, I set my ASIO buffer size to 64, safe mode off and additional offset of 16 for input and 8 for output and it comes up pretty much aligned (this is a click track source, routed to In USB->Out 2, track 2 captures OUT 2 (USB IN 3)

Screenshot 2022-07-11 132749.png

EDIT: why at the end of your post do you mention a different number of samples for usb loopback as well? Is the first with just shunts and the latter with amp and cab blocks?
USB only loopback will not include DAC nor A/D latency so naturally it will be lower - this is just more of a FYI - i.e. hey everyone this is what I'm getting on my system. This is with a patch that looks like this:
Screenshot 2022-07-11 132925.png

I'd love to know how else you can digitally reamp guitars and not use the axefx as an interface on a windows system (reliably).
I'm not sure how you got that from my comment. There are many situations where spdif can and should be used. I'm simply saying working around usb problems is no longer one of those situations.

This beta is amazing. I love to capture movable mics from various plugins as IRs to load to the Axe-FX III, and before this beta the latency was always substantial enough to discourage me from trying them realtime, but now there's no perceptible latency. Thank you so much for this! You guys truly never cease being The Best place for gearheads. Again, shame on every other company for not moving forward the way you guys do.

Again, shame on every other company for not moving forward the way you guys do.
Yepp....they just worked right from the start, shame on them...... (didn't know the other yet "unnamed" company, but I'm sure there must be one out in the world.......) ;)

Thanks FAS, looking forward for a final version. Much thx.....

Well, I call that a success. And the timing couldn't be better for me, as I'm about to reamp all the guitar and bass tracks of a death metal album. I couldn't test the beta firmware 20.01/20.02 for that same reason, I was too busy tracking the guys and didn't want any change in the presets sounds during the process. Here's a short sample :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxom9hh8zrlm5tp/Cryptic_Carnage.mp3?dl=0
This is with the sound used for tracking (channel 16 in the picture below), it has been refined for reamping. This is far from a definitive mix too of course, I'll work on the mix after the reamping is completed

USB 1.14 beta reamp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom