Understanding Input Drive and Overdrive

What a low sense of humor that you have! :mask: :disgust: :miserable: :-x

I am very sorry.

Actually, it's you who is complaining. I am having a LOT of FUN with the Axe-FX since the Standard Version was released. Not only with the machine itself, but with the good spirit and humor that normally prevails on this forum :frog:

I apologize! Sorry for being so rude to you man! *shame on me*

Last edited:
On the Freyette M, let's say you were happy with 5.51 on the gain in 10.09, how would you set the two to yield the same gain and tone in 10.10

Yeaa, somehow, the USA leads and USA pres are making more sense to me now! Instant fat searing Mesa tone! <3

I guess this is the chance to get my Studio Preamp TMA done - I need to get the StudioPreamp into the box, so I can sell that thing afterwards ;)

gain=7
Drive=7 is working great for me on the USA lead Models.
I add a Tubescreamer for leads and this is actually pretty spot on as to how I ran my real Mark IV when I had it.

Just wondering, do you have anything else engaged in the amp - boost, fat, sat etc. For some reason I'm finding that I really need to crank the gain ctrls pretty high to get roughly the same amount as pre update.

Just wondering, do you have anything else engaged in the amp - boost, fat, sat etc. For some reason I'm finding that I really need to crank the gain ctrls pretty high to get roughly the same amount as pre update.

same thought here: I set the input trim to approx. 1.77 to get the same amount of gain as before on my Dumble ODS patch....compared to the real thing (which is selfmade in this case, I don't own the 50k$ amp myself)

same thought here: I set the input trim to approx. 1.77 to get the same amount of gain as before on my Dumble ODS patch....compared to the real thing (which is selfmade in this case, I don't own the 50k$ amp myself)

Also, is there an equivalent on the mark amps to the input trim on the II? My whole thought process w the II is that I would like to try to treat it and tweak it exactly as if it was the "real" amp. I try not to have to touch the advanced parms. I'd like to dial in the IIc+ as if it was the actual head first to get an "authentic" tone. After that, I'll dig into the other pages to do some more "virtual" adjustments if needed, but having never owned a IIc or a IV, I'm trying to see if I can have the actual experience of having one. I know right now based on what I can dial in referencing recordings and samples, it's DAMN close. I do own a TriAxis, 2:90 and a 50/50 so I can A/B them again the II and it's just about spot on.

Interesting read. My fave tones were all affected by this FW update, all high gain gone away. I can`t recall what I did when I made `em, just pure luck I guess. Have tried to remake `em, still not sure I`m "there" yet.

What would be the settings for Input Drive and Overdrive be, when the pre FW 10.10 was:

USAIIC+ NORM

Drive: 8.00
Input Trim: 1.000

Any help at all, thanx!

Interesting read. My fave tones were all affected by this FW update, all high gain gone away. I can`t recall what I did when I made `em, just pure luck I guess. Have tried to remake `em, still not sure I`m "there" yet.

What would be the settings for Input Drive and Overdrive be, when the pre FW 10.10 was:

USAIIC+ NORM

Drive: 8.00
Input Trim: 1.000

Any help at all, thanx!

According to what Cliff just stated,

Input trim 1, Input Drive 8, Overdrive 8.

I apologize! Sorry for being so rude to you man! *shame on me*

It is me who needs to apologize. I should have written some funny note in order to make the meme more comprehensive, not just splash the picture like that. Otherwise I have the risk to be confused with a Kemper fan-boy trying to boycott the Axe-FX! :?

I wish that everything is fine.:encouragement:

Warm regards from Bangkok,

Manuel

It is me who needs to apologize. I should have written some funny note in order to make the meme more comprehensive, not just splash the picture like that. Otherwise I have the risk to be confused with a Kemper fan-boy trying to boycott the Axe-FX! :?

I wish that everything is fine.:encouragement:

Warm regards from Bangkok,

Manuel
Glad to see you posting again!

ToneMadness.jpg

anyone who doesn't take life and this forum too seriously would see the humor in this :)

Back
Top Bottom