Hello my fractal audio fellas!

I have had this problem a while now, or i don't really know is it a problem or just nature of tone matching. But whenever i am trying to tone match, let's just say Metallica's Orion guitar track for example, i can get pretty close result but i certainly hear that the tone match is missing something and there is something too much. It sound much thinner compared to reference tone. And one thing that really drives me nuts is that there is always some kind of crunch in my tones which is not in the reference tones... I don't know how to describe it but my tones tones clearly have more "crunch" than it should, i can definetly hear that.. It feels like it is some kind of midrange frequency or something.. It appears especially with mesa tones i am trying to match(i know they are crunchy amp but still). So is there some kind of way to make tones sound less crunchy, i know there is lot of options in amp page but i really have no idea what they all are doing, i just want my tones little bit less crunchy :D

I give you one suggestion not based on what you experienced but it works for me to clean a bit my sound. High frequencies being a bit too much on my sound, i put a filter block after the cab set to lowpass, and i adjust the frequency around 9800 Hz. Also, dont set the input drive higher than it needs to be on your crunch tones. A little goes a long way with input drive. And don't forget that the guitar tracks are doubled twice on master of puppets (Hetfield makes his huge sound out of tracking each rhythm guitar parts 4 times) so it definitly contribute to the tone being what it is on that album.

Back
Top Bottom