"Tone Matching" Preview

So, the countless hours I spent matching tones by ear with the Ultra can now be done in a minute (with an isolated track) with the II.

Honestly, eq matching will be more useful for me than amp matching. This is a major new feature. Much easier than using an external program to create a custom IR. I was still on the fence about upgrading after seeing how much work is involved recreating all of my Ultra presets, but this is a serious push that I think has made me lose my balance.

I used to advise potential buyers (I'm the guy who originally told Scott Peterson to pull the trigger on a standard) that they better put a helmet on the first day with Axe-Fx 'cause it'll explode your head.

I'm now revising that to "..and keep the helmet on."

This is great for zeroing in on cover songs with signature isolated riffs - excellent for us bar brawlers.

I suspect that in a few years, when there is a library of sounds on the Axe Exchange with many amps profiled, there will be a market shift to digital finally.

FRACTAL IS THE OPPOSITE OF APPLE
I feel like I bought something, and you keep giving me more for what I already paid you for.
You already have my money- but you keep delivering. I don't know of another company in music or any business that's like that.

Thank you

I agree 100%!!! Simply amazing! I'm dying to hear it with a sound or tone I'm very familiar with.

I play lots of covers, so I would love to hear you do a match of an isolated guitar part. Also let us know what the pre patch setup needs to be to ensure the best result.

I'd be very curious to know if the following is a true assessment of this revolutionary tool: armed with this tone matching tool, and with no specialized skills or knowledge, the average user would be able to take a guitar tone they like, provided there's <some-amount-of-time> and it's isolated, and would be able to get that tone? Yikes!

So, as an example, could this tone from Phil X be replicated (given there's a full minute of just guitar at the beginning): Phil X Jams - Hendrix Little Wing 2011 - YouTube

?

Inquiring minds with their names on the wait list want to know.

For Tone Matching you normally have to preselect the correct drive/MV relation beforehand, don't you?
But since the Axe has Amp Matching has well, does it do automated tone and drive/MV matching in that regard as well, or do you still preselect drive/MV relation?

Just to clarify please: Is this the "profiling" feature that was stated as "coming soon" in a previous thread, just relabeled?

Took me a half hour to get on here. Wasn't sure if a hurricane cmae thru or if Cliff made an announcement. Thank God for the latter....The clean one is soooo close i can't tell either.....love it....Thanks again Cliff for your vision

I'm kind of behind the news but is the AxeChange set up already? I'm asking because with the advent of these new options, it would be super nice to have a collection of "presets" or whatever it will be called, not to mention the compilation of the bunch of regular AXE-FX and Axe FX2 presets already shared but probably had been buried deep in the forum.

Back
Top Bottom