"Tone Matching" Preview

So.....can someone tell me exactly what this function is? I get that is tone matching. But what is it matching? Your favorite guitarist's studio recording? An amp like the Kemper? Help? Anyone?

So.....can someone tell me exactly what this function is? I get that is tone matching. But what is it matching? Your favorite guitarist's studio recording? An amp like the Kemper? Help? Anyone?

I'm thinking 2 things> 1- it will match an amp you have itself 2- it will match a recording that has the guitar isolated/solo'd/guitar by itself

I agree with others that the EQ/Amp matching samples do not sound 100% identical, but we must keep in mind that this is a totally new AFX II feature and it will surely be improved and tweaked as necessary by Cliff - The potential here is awesome!!! :)

PS: Keep in mind that the Kemper is still running a beta OS, and sometimes crashes when certain parameters are tweaked.

PSS: I believe accuracy in the 2k - 10k frequency region is critical for matching OD tones. These frequencies greatly effect tightness and fizziness of the high end.

Last edited:
With these two new features and Axe-Exchange around the corner I feel like I am on the waiting list for a NEW product.

And it's a free update to one I paid for 8 months ago. How cool is that?

damn! I just spend $200 on Ozone just for the match feature last month! I'm so stoked at having made the decision to take the plunge and, 1- buy an Ultra, 2- upgrade to the II. The geek in me speaks: gotta love creative software ideas when you have capable hardware.

Back
Top Bottom