"Tone Matching" Preview

*Brain Exploded*

This is awesome, I have so many guitar master tracks from Protest the Hero, Killswitch Engage, All that Remains along with Amp playthroughs that I would love to Tone Match.

After this take a well earned rest Cliff, your spoiling us:)

Does anyone know what we will need to do this ie, microphones, or anything else, will it be like IR capture? What would be a good mic to get for this I want to be ready!

I believe that Cliff said that we will need a mic preamp since the AxeFx does not a mic input, at least for the amp matching. Not sure about the tone matching. Somebody chime in if you know more about it please.

I'm looking forward to this. Last night I spent some time trying to get the Axe's Mark IIC+ to sound like my Mark IIB. I got close real fast but had trouble getting it refined and was thinking I needed an EQ match that worked with an existing Fractal amp model. Next morning, here it is. Thanks.

*Brain Exploded*

This is awesome, I have so many guitar master tracks from Protest the Hero, Killswitch Engage, All that Remains along with Amp playthroughs that I would love to Tone Match.

After this take a well earned rest Cliff, your spoiling us:)

Don't forget to share your patches when you get them! :p

I believe that Cliff said that we will need a mic preamp since the AxeFx does not a mic input, at least for the amp matching. Not sure about the tone matching. Somebody chime in if you know more about it please.

I found info here on the forum on mics, but what would anyone suggest for a reasonable mic pre ?

Sounds pretty DOUBLE RAINBOW if you ask me ;D

Cliff, I am so very greatful for your big contribution in music with this product. My focus will be more on the music now when I get my axe-fx II, and the

audiophile in me will have a lot to dig into. I can't express through this post how greatful I really am, it means a lot to me.

Thank you.

Just a big warm thank you <3

Good question. I honestly don't know. Send me a track and I'll try it. I imagine it wouldn't really have that much effect as the technique averages over a period of time.

So, Mr. C, that said, is this not just (ha! just) matching the EQ or does it take other things into consideration? What is the intended goal of the feature?

Thanks

It was "Amp Matching" but using a modeler since I don't want to disturb the other denizens of my habitat today.

So you used the amp matching feature to match this tone, and just matched a preset from a modeler so you could do it quietly? Did you just connect both units together or did it still require a mic against cab?

Unbelievable! Talk about "user friendly" best musical purchase I ever made (and there have been many!)

Sounds really great Cliff! I have a couple of questions if I may...

1. Would it be possible to hear a clip of the preset before the amp match process?
2. I presume that it will be possible to share these tone matched settings or do they just sit in the amp block as part of a preset?

Thanks

Spence

No offense here but I really believe people should lay back a bit and enjoy this amazing news. Pretty sure this wasn't suppose to be a question and answer thread. All the info needed should be available soon enough. Already asking for decent mic preamps? really?

Back
Top Bottom