Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

RJM has already released an update for AF3. The vdo is available on You tube.

point taken, and well-spoken. thanks. i disagree that less circuitry should cost less, because it's not the cost of the parts itself that determines price of anything. but sure, i understand being dissatisfied with the info that's out there currently.

a larger full function switch is already available - the RJM Mastermind GT series i referenced in my previous post. you can buy it in 10, 16, or 22 switch versions. i owned a 16 a few years ago and it was amazing. but they are expensive. many touring professionals use it for their rigs (Petrucci, Taylor York of Paramore, Schon, Joe Trohman of Fall Out Boy, to name a few).

Thanks for the timely updates. Request you to please clarify 2 things.

1. Will there be any priority given to folks who have already purchased AF3, as we are waiting impatiently :)

2. Will be given an option to buy FC6 or FC12, once the wait listed orders are been shipped, as some of us must have not mentioned which unit we want as it was not website to do so.

To answer a question from above: yes, the individual LED colors can be changed. You can't have more than one color per switch (ex: Off=Red, On=Green) but you can for example have a Drive IA be red and a delay IA be blue. Each CATEGORY of switches has a default color, which you can change by selecting from a menu. (Presets = Green, Scenes = Red, etc.).

What exactly is happening with the F.C. 6/12 seems to be getting a bit of a grey area of conversation- has the beta tests not gone well?

To further clarify, I think the gray area, is that someone at FAS said they were adding new features during the delay. The features of the pedals seem to be a mystery and that’s primarily what people are trying to figure out now.
Any updates/list available on the features that will be available with 6 and 12? Apart from the compatibility, what additional will it have which RJM or Helix Ground Control does not offer....(Superior built is off course understood)

Any updates/list available on the features that will be available with 6 and 12? Apart from the compatibility, what additional will it have which RJM or Helix Ground Control does not offer....(Superior built is off course understood)

Without researching those other controllers it’s mighty difficult to say. The FC units are purpose built for the Axe 3. Presumably the Helix pedal is similar in that it is purpose built for the Helix. And the RJM looks to be a very nice general purpose MIDI controller. Three different devices, three different goals.

T
Without researching those other controllers it’s mighty difficult to say. The FC units are purpose built for the Axe 3. Presumably the Helix pedal is similar in that it is purpose built for the Helix. And the RJM looks to be a very nice general purpose MIDI controller. Three different devices, three different goals.
Thanks appreciate your response...

As far as I know, the FC-12/6 do not have touch capacitance switches. On the Helix you can use those to automatically go to effects and settings. Makes navigation on the unit a breeze. Don't know if they are needed with the Axe-fx III.

As far as I know, the FC-12/6 do not have touch capacitance switches. On the Helix you can use those to automatically go to effects and settings. Makes navigation on the unit a breeze. Don't know if they are needed with the Axe-fx III.
Let's wait and watch, may be we don't get the capacitive touch on the buttons, but I am sure there will be other things to look forward to. Fractal has to give us more considering the market competition and the price we may end up paying for a FC series controller (hopes are super high).

Fractal has to give us more considering the market competition and the price we may end up paying for a FC series controller (hopes are super high).

I disagree. Fractal isn't competing with Line6 on the FC, they're competing with midi pedal manufacturers. And in terms of interaction with the AxeFX3, Fractal already has them all beaten coming out of the starting gate.

Austin

Why would I want these on the FC units? They aren't all-in-one the way the Helix is. I'd lean over to the floor to touch a foot switch to open the layout mode on a rack unit that's likely not even situated nearby? Makes no sense.

Last edited:
I’ve not seen the features of the FCs. Can you explain what they do above and beyond the other midi controllers? Thanks!

Perfect, easy syncing with the AxeFX3. Preset names, Scene names, tap tempo, looper functions, tuner, assignable button functions per preset. Some midi controller can come close to doing this, but they all cost more than the FC12 and the sync isn't as perfect. Now the downside is the FC12 is not a midi controller, it only controls the AxeFX3. So depending on your situation is might make more sense to purchase a midi controller that works very well with a variety of devices (including the AxeFX3) vs a remote controller that works awesomely with the AxeFX3.

Austin

Would it be possible to control an Axe III with an FC12 and a MIDI controller at the same time? Not necessarily AT the same time but to have them both plugged in and ready to use if need be?

Would it be possible to control an Axe III with an FC12 and a MIDI controller at the same time? Not necessarily AT the same time but to have them both plugged in and ready to use if need be?
Yes. I do that now with the FC6, and it works very well.

Back
Top Bottom