Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

Incredible how you could know that the Fc12, that you still don’t have got, is better than the Helix foot controller.
Maybe yes, maybe not, but saying that for sure reminds me how fanboys talks about things.

Ha Ha... and you think the Helix under the "best" of circumstances will outperform a proprietary unit from Fractal...? Good luck with support and firmware updates, or any intrinsic benefits from FAS link.

In fact; you're "probably" not going to be able to leverage FAS link with any 3rd party unit.

For me, FAS link 1 cord solution is a really nice feature for quick setups, which I've become accustomed to with the II. So with the III it's kinda a no brainer.

So yes, I already know, based on that fact alone.

Fanboy? LOL, you do realize you are on the Fractal forum... ?

To each his own, but for me, my money is still on FAS for a solid solution for their own product.

Good luck!

I don't think the above is true. My iPhone shoots the display very nicely, though the ideal viewing angle isn't super wide and you don't get a sense the luminous glowing quality it has. Very nice!

View attachment 47029
Sure... if all you're shooting is the screen. :) Shooting the whole whole device takes more contrast than my measly consumer-grade camera can handle.

Hoping this is a bad photo as the text on the large screen and scribble strips is virtually non-existent... is the text just made from ‘dot’s’- I’m sure it’s just a bad angle for the screens but would like my fears quelling :eek:
cameras capture light. a screen is pure light. compared to the hardware which isn't light, you need to balance the light coming off the screen, which is always much brighter than the hardware which isn't pure light. this means casting a ton of light onto the hardware to match the light output from the screen.

it's "dynamic range" that is needed, and while many high end cameras have around 10-14 "stops" of dynamic range - seeing dark and bright things all at once, the human eye is around 20 stops. lesser cameras only see 6-10 stops. so our eyes can balance dark/light much better than cameras can. not to mention our brain interprets things dynamically wayyyy faster than a camera can, determining WHAT to focus on and fill in the gaps from previously seen images.

try taking a picture of a room with a tv in it, or your desk with a computer screen glowing, the axe front panel, etc. this is a common thing with photography of anything with a bright screen. if there's not an overwhelming amount of ambient light to balance with the bright screen, you have to choose to expose for the screen or the hardware.

oh well, i was gonna share some photos, but they aren't good enough :D

It is the smart people that realize when there is a market for something the customer want and delivers that.
Business cares about profit... And I suspect the profit margin for something like this based on user base, plus additional coding and support would not support the profit margin. Not to mention, what happens if FAS changes something and decides to not share the details?

The reason Fractal is ahead of the game is having a ton of engineers to stay ahead of the game.
If you really believe that, you are delusional...:eek:
The axe uses a USB line to change all settings from Axe edit, and that is all midi. I sure there is software that can analyze what midi message is being sent. Reverse engineering has been around a long time.
True... But that is further cost against profit margin.

There you go getting disrespectful again. Disagree respectfully and I have no problem. Great things happen when a lot of people brain storm. I would be surprised if all innovations are all cliff's. Cliff will own anything that anybody comes up with because of compete clauses in their contract. It reminds me of the guy that worked for 3M that invented the sticky notes. He did not make any money off the idea, except maybe a bonus, but the idea belongs to 3M because of a non compete and ownership clause. I worked at Bausch and Lomb for 10 years and got a lot of bonuses for ideas. Everything in business is team work. When people work together, great things happen. This forum works better when people are respectful, work together and help each other. I never have made bad comments here unless someone is making a smart comment. Say what you believe, help people, and be brothers here. If you are thinking to yourself, this guy is an idiot, then it is better not to post any comment. You seem like a good guy, just a little rough around the edges
I have never been disrespectful to you.
Maybe you're confusing me with someone else?

FAS is a very small company... They don't have "lots of engineers" regardless of what you think.

The correct response would be Fractal has this many Engineers, not call me delusional. I don't claim to know how many they have, it was just a figure of speech. How about this, they have all their engineers working on this and it is not all Cliff. Is that better.
Not really, because you don't know that.

In any case, I'm done with this conversation.

Carry on with wishing for wishing for what you want.

Probably more like Programmers than engineers. The same thing to me in this case. More that just Cliff, I am sure. I do know Fractal is small. How small, I do not know. Cliff has to have more programmers besides himself. Engineers are designers and so are programmers. The term is interchangeable here. You guys are nit picky. You know what I meant.
Not being nit-picky at all. Go to the Members are of the forum, and check out the Staff Members area. Count the designers. It's pretty easy to tell which ones might be operating in a design capacity. I've only had dealings with two FAS employees who aren't on that list, and one of them is not a designer.

cameras capture light. a screen is pure light. compared to the hardware which isn't light, you need to balance the light coming off the screen, which is always much brighter than the hardware which isn't pure light. this means casting a ton of light onto the hardware to match the light output from the screen.

it's "dynamic range" that is needed, and while many high end cameras have around 10-14 "stops" of dynamic range - seeing dark and bright things all at once, the human eye is around 20 stops. lesser cameras only see 6-10 stops. so our eyes can balance dark/light much better than cameras can. not to mention our brain interprets things dynamically wayyyy faster than a camera can, determining WHAT to focus on and fill in the gaps from previously seen images.

try taking a picture of a room with a tv in it, or your desk with a computer screen glowing, the axe front panel, etc. this is a common thing with photography of anything with a bright screen. if there's not an overwhelming amount of ambient light to balance with the bright screen, you have to choose to expose for the screen or the hardware.

oh well, i was gonna share some photos, but they aren't good enough :D

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!! Please share! Please Share!:(

I am not quiet with smart asses. I have tried to reason with you. If you don't want to add respectfully, then shut up.
see now you're telling people what to do. there is an ignore button. please use it if you don't want to read what someone is saying. click on their name, then add to ignore list.

your attitude on this forum in general is very confrontational. that is why people respond to you the way they do.

if you are concerned about the pricing of gear and your wife allowing that purchase, then frankly that is your concern not anyone else's. Fractal Audio makes gear for the professional musicians, which includes the top level of pro touring guitarists. gear is being designed for that level of player in mind, as well as the average guitarist. if it is out of your price range, then there are other options.

i was all ready to make a post regarding your thread questioning if the FC12 could be configured exactly how you want it. i spent time setting it up and taking pictures. but your consistent attitude here has made me hold back on sharing that.

please stop being so confrontational and you just might see responses to you change for the better.

Good lord..... so many folks on “ignore” these days I’m ending up with just one or two viewable post per page of discussion lol

What on earth is happening to this place with the attitudes and the entitlement and big talk from behind a keyboard etc... it’s starting to feel like the comments section of any internet news story, and that my friends is not a good thing.

Good lord..... so many folks on “ignore” these days I’m ending up with just one or two viewable post per page of discussion lol

What on earth is happening to this place with the attitudes and the entitlement and big talk from behind a keyboard etc... it’s starting to feel like the comments section of any internet news story, and that my friends is not a good thing.
In my time here since I started with the Axe Fx II in May of 2013, I never had a need for the ignore function until this year.

I've added two and very, very close to adding a third...

Sad.

Back
Top Bottom