Three Amp Blocks?

Would you actually use three amp blocks in a preset?

• Yes

Votes: 395 72.3%
  • No

Votes: 151 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So thinking about the 3 amp scenario and the FC12... the possibilities would be near endless within a single preset and layout. I too was concerned about cpu at first but think about it, the question wouldn't have been presented if it would sacrifice performance. Putting my vote in for a yes. This box is freakin' amazing!

Last edited:
I could do a whole gig on one preset!!! That would be great...
I already do :)

Just got a Mark IV clean and Mark IV Rhythm Ch. 2 arranged across 2 channels on 1 block across all 8 scenes with varying levels/combinations of overdrive and effects. I really don't need hundreds of preset locations. Likewise, I really don't even need 2 amp blocks - but I want the option in case I get more creative the more familiar I get with the unit!

why? this is what channels do, along with scenes, you dont need 3 amps to pull this off.
Channels don't change seamlessly. They do change very fast, but it's not the same.

However, I agree that in most cases a single amp block with channels is sufficient.

why? this is what channels do, along with scenes, you dont need 3 amps to pull this off.

less-is-not-more-more-is-more.jpg

:p

Austin

Has anyone set up a preset that multiplexes the 2 amps? I tried it the other day. Multiplexing the amps seemed to change the sound of the amps a bit. Hard to describe, it was almost like there was bleed-through from the other amp. I didn't spend a lot of time and I may have done something incorrectly. Just seeing if anyone experienced the same thing.

Has anyone set up a preset that multiplexes the 2 amps? I tried it the other day. Multiplexing the amps seemed to change the sound of the amps a bit. Hard to describe, it was almost like there was bleed-through from the other amp. I didn't spend a lot of time and I may have done something incorrectly. Just seeing if anyone experienced the same thing.

Yes, use it all the time without issues.

I recently set this up and was hearing the same thing. Turned out I had another modifier I forgot about. Go to the modifiers tab of the controllers panel in axe edit and check.

Interestingly I have two mux blocks controlled by a single expression pedal. Heel down is clean, mid sweep is crunch, toe down is lead. This is my entire setup until the FC is released. I’d much rather sweep to a different amp and cab for lead instead of just adding boost and delay so I’m watching this thread closely.

The switch time is imperceptible to me doing this. Good stuff

The answer to this question depends mostly on this... (also, I'm assuming that, similar to the Axe-Fx II, the Amp blocks in the Axe-Fx III have their own devoted processor, and everything else runs on processor #2)

If the Amp block, for the entire lifespan of the III, can operate at full resolution + anti-aliasing without using more than 33% of its processor, then yes, a third Amp block would be much appreciated.

If Amps blocks will operate at reduced resolution / reduced anti-aliasing if a 3rd is enabled, but will still operate at 100% resolution / anti-aliasing when 2 or fewer Amp blocks are enabled, then a third Amp block would still be much appreciated.

If adding a third Amp block will reduce or impede the resolution/anti-aliasing/future improvement or development of the Amp block overall, then no thanks.

It would need to be less than 33% unless you're planning on playing with no cabs or effects ;)
I'm pretty sure the III uses, just like the II, one processor core for amps only! Still, 100% usage would be very unstable, so I'd correct this number to ~30%.

While we're shooting big, I think 10 scenes would be great with the FC-12.
10 scene switches and 2 for up and down. 4 amp blocks would be better than 3 also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom