Three Amp Blocks?

Would you actually use three amp blocks in a preset?

• Yes

Votes: 395 72.3%
  • No

Votes: 151 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So don't participate in it if you find it pointless?
Threads like this tend to polarize new users and non-FAS customers.

It is important to provide history and reason to things like this for balance. That is why I participate.

If mods just lock threads like this down, people will think something is being hidden or mods are mean.

The reason I haven't added a third amp block is that I would have to reduce the oversample rate for all the amp blocks when three are in use and this would be detrimental to sound quality.

I haven't doesn't mean "No I won't do it".

a84PMgf.gif

Ahhh..
In that case, I will change my vote to ‘no’.
No way I want to compromise the sound quality for an extra feature, particularly given the exceptional levels of quality you have given us in the iii.
So...I respectfully withdraw my extra amp block request.
Thanks
Pauly

The reason I haven't added a third amp block is that I would have to reduce the oversample rate for all the amp blocks when three are in use and this would be detrimental to sound quality.

Apart from a few attempts to make it ad hominem, this discussion has been quite civil, there aren’t a lot of emotions flying, don’t know why anyone would want to lock it down.
I was speaking in general about threads like this in general due to how threads like this historically have progressed. In general.

...... But gapless switching is simply more important, so I’m more than willing to pay the cost. As I’m sure a lot of people will be, just like they are with the II.

My sentiments exactly.

Now Cliff said “detrimental” for sure, but if he really meant “too detrimental” ....though that too would be subjective, that would basically mean “unacceptable” in my view....

And I’d deal with compromises as before ....

But yet seriously....with that guy’s (Cliff) epiphanies .....one never knows!

I’m hopeful....taking an hiatus of this thread
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom