The 1st Annual NorCal Fractal FAStival

Which of these dates works best for the 1st Annual NorCal Fractal FAStival

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
Ok - I am starting to organize The 1st Annual NorCal Fractal FAStival

I need to get the venue booked ASAP, and that means a decision is needed on the best date of those available ASAP.

See these posts for some reference:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/northern-ca-axe-fx-ll-summit.90146/page-8#post-1495351

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/northern-ca-axe-fx-ll-summit.90146/page-9#post-1495877

Here are some of the details from that 2nd link:

I'm thinking to be more inclusive to all the Fractal products (Axe Fx, AX8, FX8, MFC-101), we should call this The 1st Annual NorCal Fractal FAStival. Whaddya think?

I will also post on the FractalAudio Facebook page when we have a few more details.

I'd like to ask now for anyone's input on specific agenda items. Last time around we were (IMO) far too loosely organized. Things suggested last time and/or my ideas:
  • FRFR comparison
  • CabLab demo
  • IR Capture demo
  • Axe Edit tips and tricks
    • templates
    • saved blocks
    • Axe Manage Presets
    • Axe Manage Cabs
  • Controllers / Modifiers
  • Cool MIDI tricks
  • Tone tweaking
  • Advanced Amp block parameters
  • Re-amping (we'll have access to the SSL/ProTools)
Of course, I think we will need to limit ourselves to the number of items AND we will need to some people with the specific knowledge in these areas to present the topics.

One thing that was just pointed out to me is that the 5/27 - 5/29 is Memorial Day weekend... I'm still fine with those dates, just want to make people aware.

Sounds fun and interesting. not sure if I can make it yet. But voted for the the only possible dates (Memorial Day weekend) because of gigs. We tend to stay away from holiday weekends.

I have lots of tips and tricks to share?;)

Sounds fun and interesting. not sure if I can make it yet. But voted for the the only possible dates (Memorial Day weekend) because of gigs. We tend to stay away from holiday weekends.

I have lots of tips and tricks to share?;)
That would be great! You definitely have a lot of tips and tricks. I learned a bunch of slick things from your preset videos.

Everyone, please cast your votes. At this point, I'm leaning towards the Memorial Day weekend based on votes and the extra day to allow for recovery time for those who have to drive a long way

I'm going to call it after tomorrow so that we can submit the request for studio time.

Ok, so I've started the ball rolling for 5/27 with 5/28 as the alternate choice.

I'll post an update once the date is confirmed.

Ok, everyone - we are confirmed for 5/27 from 10am to 6pm.

We are hoping to extend the overall time from 8 hours to possibly 10 or 12 so we are not rushed. I'll post updates on that when I get more details.

Please RSVP as soon as you can, so I can have a better understanding of potential attendance.

I would like feedback on what you would like to see as part of our agenda, as well as any topics you personally feel you can present and that others would be interested in.

I've posted ideas between both threads already. Here they are again:

• FRFR comparison
  • CabLab demo
  • IR Capture demo
  • Axe Edit tips and tricks
    • templates
    • saved blocks
    • Axe Manage Presets
    • Axe Manage Cabs
  • Controllers / Modifiers
  • Cool MIDI tricks
  • Tone tweaking
  • Advanced Amp block parameters
  • Re-amping (we'll have access to the SSL/ProTools)

Also, I think the potential for some great FRFR comparisons is there. I believe we will have Xitones (mine), CLRs, Mission, Line6...

It would be cool if we could get AccuGroove, Matrix, RCF, others? Whaddya got?

Back
Top Bottom