The 1st Annual NorCal Fractal FAStival

Which of these dates works best for the 1st Annual NorCal Fractal FAStival

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm checking on flights at the moment ... could pop down for the day. Would enjoy meeting all ya'll. PLus the whole FRFR is my next jump and this would really help me make an informed decision.

The time is drawing near, let's get an decent agenda created.

Here is what I posted before:

• FRFR comparison
  • CabLab demo
  • IR Capture demo
  • Axe Edit tips and tricks
    • templates
    • saved blocks
    • Axe Manage Presets
    • Axe Manage Cabs
  • Controllers / Modifiers
  • Cool MIDI tricks
  • Tone tweaking
  • Advanced Amp block parameters
  • Re-amping (we'll have access to the SSL/ProTools)

At this point I don't think we'll have CLRs but I may be able to bring an AccuGroove cab.

I can talk about Axe Edit, Controllers/modifiers, and midi stuff with some level of confidence.

I'm sure @iaresee can also speak to that stuff.

I don't have CabLab so I've got nothing there.

Also, no experience with IR capturing... But if someone does, it would be fun to do. I can bring my Budda 2x12 as I would love to get an IR of that.

I think the Tone Tweaking could be interesting. We could take some time to explore how to achieve some specific tones... Maybe this ties into Advanced Amp block settings?

Let me know if you have something specific you want to discuss.

Also, we are trying to get the studio all the way to 10pm, so we can always do some ad-hoc stuff as time permits.

Looking forward to this!

One more week until we all meet up!

If anyone else is planning to attend, I need your name ASAP.

FOR THOSE ATTENDING - PLEASE READ!

I'd also appreciate a heads up from everyone attending on what gear they are planning to bring... In particular, what cabs and what Fractal devices.

I was able to procure an AccuGroove cab on loan from my bassist (who may be able to attend later in the day) to add to the FRFR comparison. At this point, we will have at least:

Xitone passive wedges
Mission Gemini II passive
Line6 active
AccuGroove (active, I think)

I will be bringing:

Axe Fx II XL+
Matrix GT800FX
MFC 101 mkIII
2 Mission EP-1
2 Mission EP-1 spring loaded
Laptop with latest Axe Edit, FractalBot, FracTool

I could load AX8 Edit if anyone needs it? Or we can install it there if needed.

If you are going to bring your device and no computer it would be best to all be on the latest firmware, so that any "sharing" of computers be done without need to reload block definitions or otherwise muck with software issues.

For the FRFR comparison, I will also be bringing my DL32R digital mixer rig so we can hook up multiple Fractal devices and multiple speakers and easily switch between (or blend) them via a mixer.

NOTE:
The facility is a school and we are there as guests of an alumni, who is graciously donating his studio hours for us. We need to be courteous and respectful of the rules and any students and staff. If you don't, you will be asked to leave.

You will require a photo ID and your name on the attendee list to be admitted!

We will be in a very high end studio and as such, food and drink is not allowed in the studio. There is a break area where you can go if needed.

We'll plan for a lunch break in the early afternoon - there is a nearby location with a variety of food (and a Guitar Center, if you so inclined).

As of this moment, the event is officially scheduled for 10am-6pm. However, we think we will be able to extend as late as 10pm for those who feel like staying later.

6601 Shellmound St, Emeryville, CA 94608

One more week until we all meet up!

If anyone else is planning to attend, I need your name ASAP.

FOR THOSE ATTENDING - PLEASE READ!

I'd also appreciate a heads up from everyone attending on what gear they are planning to bring... In particular, what cabs and what Fractal devices.

I was able to procure an AccuGroove cab on loan from my bassist (who may be able to attend later in the day) to add to the FRFR comparison. At this point, we will have at least:

Xitone passive wedges
Mission Gemini II passive
Line6 active
AccuGroove (active, I think)

I will be bringing:

Axe Fx II XL+
Matrix GT800FX
MFC 101 mkIII
2 Mission EP-1
2 Mission EP-1 spring loaded
Laptop with latest Axe Edit, FractalBot, FracTool

I could load AX8 Edit if anyone needs it? Or we can install it there if needed.

If you are going to bring your device and no computer it would be best to all be on the latest firmware, so that any "sharing" of computers be done without need to reload block definitions or otherwise muck with software issues.

For the FRFR comparison, I will also be bringing my DL32R digital mixer rig so we can hook up multiple Fractal devices and multiple speakers and easily switch between (or blend) them via a mixer.

NOTE:
The facility is a school and we are there as guests of an alumni, who is graciously donating his studio hours for us. We need to be courteous and respectful of the rules and any students and staff. If you don't, you will be asked to leave.

You will require a photo ID and your name on the attendee list to be admitted!

We will be in a very high end studio and as such, food and drink is not allowed in the studio. There is a break area where you can go if needed.

We'll plan for a lunch break in the early afternoon - there is a nearby location with a variety of food (and a Guitar Center, if you so inclined).

As of this moment, the event is officially scheduled for 10am-6pm. However, we think we will be able to extend as late as 10pm for those who feel like staying later.

6601 Shellmound St, Emeryville, CA 94608

Sounds like great fun! Only thing keeping me from attending.....3000. Miles

1. Are presenters going to be on a stage, like at the Axe-fest events? Or in a less formal setting?
  2. Is there going to be some sort of large screen so that others can more easily see what's happening on the laptop? HDMI?
  3. Can I use my own laptop with my blocks library? Or just bring a thumb drive?
  4. My rig is in a rolling rack, is that OK?
  5. Can I/Do I need to bring my own MFC and pedals?
  6. I can prepare some short backing tracks to hear the modifiers in use if necessary?

1. Are presenters going to be on a stage, like at the Axe-fest events? Or in a less formal setting?
  2. Is there going to be some sort of large screen so that others can more easily see what's happening on the laptop? HDMI?
  3. Can I use my own laptop with my blocks library? Or just bring a thumb drive?
  4. My rig is in a rolling rack, is that OK?
  5. Can I/Do I need to bring my own MFC and pedals?
  6. I can prepare some short backing tracks to hear the modifiers in use if necessary?
There is not a stage, just a large live studio room with a control room and 4 or 5 iso rooms.

I think this will be pretty informal and "intimate" ;)

There is a projector but no screen... I am hoping we can use a wall unless someone has a screen? I'll bring a white sheet as a backup.

I've got a long HDMI cable (15', I think) that I'll bring. The guy facilitating is bringing a VGA/HDMI adapter, too.

You are most certainly welcome to bring any gear you need, so laptop, rolling rack, MFC are all fine.

Just FYI, I have confirmation that we have access to the studio from 10am-10pm :)

Also, I have a nice projector screen on the way from Amazon...

Hey everyone,

I'm (as unix-guy put it) "the guy facilitating" so if there's any questions I can answer for anyone about the venue or event, please let me know.

Also, on Friday I will be submitting a list of gear that can be checked out from the studio's equipment room, so if there are any microphones you'd like to shoot out with, or any cables you might need, post below and I'll be sure to have it submitted and ready for you on Saturday!

Hope to see a bunch of you all there, this is going to be a fun time!

I used to live a couple of miles from there, drove by the place all the time. Alas now in LA or I would have joined you to see what I can learn from folks about tone dialing.

Back
Top Bottom