Stupid FC-6/FC-12 question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
, I'll second Chris' suggestion of the RJM products. I have found them to be well worth the price, and are as fully featured as they come!

No pedal does it all. Once it's out, let your needs drive your purchase. For some, staying with the II and MFC will be the best option, and that ain't exactly slumming!

Would the RJM connect to the III via the MIDI in? If so how would I be able to send CC or PC to other units if the MIDI is tied up?

Yes, it would work like a standard midi unit. You would assign whatever CCs you want in the III, match that up on the RJM and off you go. You can assign other units to other midi channels and the III will not react to them. You will make individual "device" assignments in the RJM pedal, and each will have it's own channel. Only commands received on that channel will create a reaction on the chosen device. You can assign multiple actions to a single button. It's a pretty powerful system, I am just scratching the surface with it so far.

Would the RJM connect to the III via the MIDI in? If so how would I be able to send CC or PC to other units if the MIDI is tied up?
i used the MMGT16 with the Axe-Fx II and also controlled an Infinity Looper, Beat Buddy, x32 Rack and TC VoiceLive Rack with my iPhone and BandHelper controlling all preset changes. i used a MIDISolutions Quadra box to split the signal: http://www.midisolutions.com/prodqth.htm

worked flawlessly, sent MIDI clock, etc.

i used the MMGT16 with the Axe-Fx II and also controlled an Infinity Looper, Beat Buddy, x32 Rack and TC VoiceLive Rack with my iPhone and BandHelper controlling all preset changes. i used a MIDISolutions Quadra box to split the signal: http://www.midisolutions.com/prodqth.htm

worked flawlessly, sent MIDI clock, etc.

Wow sounds like this would be my only option.....what about you Chris? Sounds like the FC6/12 will be no good for you also.

Wow sounds like this would be my only option.....what about you Chris? Sounds like the FC6/12 will be no good for you also.
The product isn't released yet. The full feature-set hasn’t been released yet. I’m on the Beta team with experience of my previous setup. Put those things together...

Maybe ultimately the FC isn’t the right controller for you. But we don’t know that yet. Perhaps the FC is exactly the right controller for me.

Also consider that the Axe-Fx III was released only within the last 3 months. We’ve barely scratched the surface really.

The beauty of the FC-6/12 design is that feature upgrades can often be implemented as Axe-Fx firmware updates. Rather than being so negative perhaps put in a feature request. You might be surprised. This is a good way to live life in general.

The beauty of the FC-6/12 design is that feature upgrades can often be implemented as Axe-Fx firmware updates. Rather than being so negative perhaps put in a feature request. You might be surprised. This is a good way to live life in general.

Is there anything on the horizon with a bigger controller like the MFC? I love that size. It is perfect 8 scenes, 8 stomps, and misc for Tap, function and such. I hate to do a toe dance. This size and you never have to hit more than one button. Let me know because I will wait on that. Surely you can do that for $1000 or under.

For me, it's either going to be:
- Get a FC12 to control the AxeIII and an Infinity Looper
or if the only external MIDI support is the current scene MIDI block
- Get a FC6 to control the AxeIII and dedicate my holdover Morningstar MC6 to the Infinity Looper

I expect I'll be happier either way than with an Axe2+MFC :D

Is there anything on the horizon with a bigger controller like the MFC? I love that size. It is perfect 8 scenes, 8 stomps, and misc for Tap, function and such. I hate to do a toe dance. This size and you never have to hit more than one button. Let me know because I will wait on that. Surely you can do that for $1000 or under.
Although I have no idea what's coming up in the future, I would guard against fixed ideas about how 12 switches are not enough.
I used the MFC for years and then got a LF12. I was worried about only 12 switches, but the programability of the unit made it more like having 24 switches in a very very easy manner. But it was a b..tch to program.
The FC will be so much easier to program and I am sure that by the time it is released, it will be incredibly functional. I am VERY excited at what lies ahead with these controllers.

Given that Fractal designed the FCs with the ability to daisy chain them, I wouldn't expect them to make an additional bigger one. Just daisy chain them for your needs.

This entire platform, the III and the FCs, is in its infancy. Give it time.

I’ve stuck with this company for so long because it never rests on it laurels. Cliff and crew continue to innovate and make those innovations available to me long after the money I’ve paid was used by the company.

The MCF-101 worked fine with the II but also allowed the user to control external equipment such as vocal effects on/off etc etc....
The MFC does not really work with the III.
You may have stepped forward with the LCD screens (though they are not colour) but have taken a few steps back by removing all the extra features the MFC-101 had.
If you guys thought the 101 was not a good tight integration with the II why didn’t you sort it? - though I have never had any problem with mine - I’m just gutted that I am unable to upgrade to the III because of the cuts you have made :(
Chris is not a Fractal employee, so not sure who the "you guys" comment is directed at?

You have a use case that many don't have. Fractal chose the path they did. Unfortunately those two things don't fully align. There are other midi controllers that can (or soon will) be integrated...

Ok - I’ll keep my fingers crossed than as an FC6 would be an ideal size - though I did check out your suggestion on the RGM stuff and the Mastermind GT/10 looks really good. But if the III can’t output CC or PC then still no better off. So I would need to use a long midi cable. Would the remote connection work with the FAS2?
The III can output both CC and PC messages with the midi block on scene and preset changes.

However, if you are using the RJM, you don't need to worry about that - you just use the midi thru of the Axe Fx.

Maybe, but it’s a hell of a lot of money to lay out on something that won’t do what I need in hope that one day it will.
And if it’s a ‘dumb’ controller adding MIDI capabilities would be more than a firmware update.

Maybe, but it’s a hell of a lot of money to lay out on something that won’t do what I need in hope that one day it will.
And if it’s a ‘dumb’ controller adding MIDI capabilities would be more than a firmware update.
I believe you haven’t bought an Axe3 yet? Then you don’t need to buy an FC. There’s no obligation here.

I just don’t understand this continued attitude regarding a product you don’t have, seem to not want, and isn’t even released yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom