Stupid FC-6/FC-12 question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody will ever build a product that everyone thinks is the best choice.

The FC 6/12 are purpose built to control a rig built with the Axe-FX 3. Whether or not ithey will ever have a use beyond that is entirely up to Fractal Audio. From the outset, Cliff has stated that they’re not generic MIDI controllers. This has become the norm. Manufacturers are building tightly coupled foot controllers and leaving the totally generic units up to others to build.

It's not weird, it's a commercial opportunity that can bring sales and infact Fractal until yesterdays produced a midi controller (Mfc) that could be used on kemper and other machines, so there's nothing strange about waiting for the new FC to do at least the same things as the old one. It is not so.

it's a lost opportunity, from my point of view
On Kemper forum I don't have a similar conversation, because their Remote has NEVER had the midi, as instead the fractal products had.
So before MFC was useful with Axes and other products, today the FC12 is perfectly useless without AxeIII (and probably will cost more), from my point of view is a clear step back in terms of versatility.

And it is no coincidence that many customers, enthusiastic about the Axe III have bought it (like me), but will not buy the FC, for the limits I have exposed or for the desire to have a layout hw (not sw) with a greater number of switches.

Do not flatter me and avoid taking any cue as a negative criticism, I would have been happy to buy a FC12 if it allowed me to do what the old MFC already did, adding the plus of the new (LCD screen, different layouts for presets etc. ).

Infact, I'm waiting in the list at the time, but although the official specs have not been published, the hardware photos are clear.

:)

If you are satisfied with a generic MIDI controller then you're all set. The MFC exists. Liquid Foot, RJM, etc. exist.

But what people want these days is for the tuner to actually show up on the foot pedal. They want the pedal board to reflect information from patches automatically - read effects types/labels, patch names, on/off states, etc. There's no standard protocol for building advanced device controllers. This is a big hurdle.

USB can transmit midi if Fractal wants to support it. How do you think Axe edit communicates with the Axe, midi down a USB line. I don't believe it will be supported. It appears that the controller will only work on an Axe 3
you and @unix-guy are arguing semantics. yes midi can be transmitted over USB but technically speaking it's a USB "connector" therefore the FC's don't have a midi "connector".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom