Standard and Ultra Firmware Version 7.08 Up

Added ability to turn off Tuner sysex data streaming. To disable data streaming set “SEND TUNER SYSEX” to “OFF” in the I/O->MIDI menu.

Interesting, so now that means there is sysex data for the internal tuner ? Cool!

Ringleader said:
Added ability to turn off Tuner sysex data streaming. To disable data streaming set “SEND TUNER SYSEX” to “OFF” in the I/O->MIDI menu.

Interesting, so now that means there is sysex data for the internal tuner ? Cool!

2 way tuner data?!?

Cliff...

Any chance we'll ever see a Byp Mode parameter in the compressor block?
If not, then why?

There's a trick I could do with an External Controller assigned to the Compressor's Byp Mode (rather than using a CC controller controlling the Comp Block's bypass state globally - from the I/O menu's 3rd page) that would allow me to turn a compressor on in one preset, then switch to another preset (in which the Comp Block was saved in a Bypassed state) and have the compressor stay on.

This would be analogous to the way I'd use a real compressor, say a stomp-box type, while changing channels on a guitar amp or calling up various effects on my rack effects.

Any reason in particular that the Byp Mode parameter has been left out of the Comp Block all this time?

I notice that the only other effects blocks that do not have a Byp Mode parameter are: Filter, Enhancer, Mixer and Volume.
Even the Multiband Compressor has a Byp Mode parameter.

What's the deal?
At the very least I'm just curious.

The new 4x12 V30 is absolutely amazing, just absolutely perfect! Thank you very much for fixing it, Cliff! Totally i awe over it with the Recto.

joegold said:
Cliff...

Any chance we'll ever see a Byp Mode parameter in the compressor block?
If not, then why?

There's a trick I could do with an External Controller assigned to the Compressor's Byp Mode (rather than using a CC controller controlling the Comp Block's bypass state globally - from the I/O menu's 3rd page) that would allow me to turn a compressor on in one preset, then switch to another preset (in which the Comp Block was saved in a Bypassed state) and have the compressor stay on.

This would be analogous to the way I'd use a real compressor, say a stomp-box type, while changing channels on a guitar amp or calling up various effects on my rack effects.

Any reason in particular that the Byp Mode parameter has been left out of the Comp Block all this time?

I notice that the only other effects blocks that do not have a Byp Mode parameter are: Filter, Enhancer, Mixer and Volume.
Even the Multiband Compressor has a Byp Mode parameter.

What's the deal?
At the very least I'm just curious.

BTW
The new pedal compressor model sounds great.
Much more realistic and usable than before.

New pedal comp sounds great, new v30 sounds really nice, cab drive is awesome (I wasn't using it before). Thanks for the delay mod tempo fix.

FractalAudio said:
To emulate the Dynacomp set the Attack to 6 and the Release to 4. There's a lot of variation in those old pedals but that's a good starting point. Set the Detect type to RMS. The Axe-Fx compressor can do a little more sustain than the Dynacomp. I think around 8 on the Axe-Fx is max on the Dynacomp.

I can't give you any quick guide to where to set those for previous patches. The algorithm changed considerably so the best thing is to find settings you like and copy those to the other patches.
I can't wait to get my Ultra. This is the type of customer service that spews excellence. Very cool.

+1 appreciation for the V30 cab! It's very close to the one that got taken down (the one many people liked, including myself). Was just playing through firmware 7.04 moments before 7.08, and the V30 cabs are very similar - new one has a bit of a beefier low end to it, to my ears. It's a belter.
New compressor is great.*
*(refraining from "it keeps getting better and better" cliches here for once)

Yikes. Just updated to 7.07 for my Standard yesterday. 7.08 is out already? Time to upgrade again!. FWIW I've been using the studio comp setting on my cleans. Guess it's time to try the pedal setting now! Thanks Cliff !!

hideous said:
+1 appreciation for the V30 cab! It's very close to the one that got taken down (the one many people liked, including myself). Was just playing through firmware 7.04 moments before 7.08, and the V30 cabs are very similar - new one has a bit of a beefier low end to it, to my ears. It's a belter.

I like the new V30 better than the old one. It was made using my new sampling technique. I also redid several of the cabs using the new technique. I feel it makes the responses more natural sounding.

FractalAudio said:
hideous said:

I like the new V30 better than the old one. It was made using my new sampling technique. I also redid several of the cabs using the new technique. I feel it makes the responses more natural sounding.

I didn't care for the other ones, but I like this one. Very balanced.

I never cared for the V30 cab before (my fave is the Cali cab). I found it flubby and lacking definition. In fact, I had no use for the V30 at all & really couldnt understand what all the fuss was about.

I just loaded 7.08 on my Ultra & tried out my favorite Diezel patch & switched from Cali to V30 & really liked it a lot. Tight & defined (just like the Cali) but different enough from the Cali - a little smoother & less "mean sounding" to make my patch useful with either cab with no tweaking needed.

Nice job Cliff.

Sounds great! will be upgrading asap.

BTW! Thanks all standard users for betatesting 7.07. ;)

FractalAudio said:
Is the new V30 a Marshall as well, same as you had used to replace the old V30 with ?

FractalAudio said:
hideous said:

Sweep file? ;)

sweet!!

i didn't upgrade from 7.04 because of the V30 cab not being the same
sounds like it's time for me to finally upgrade :twisted:

So... is the new V30 cab still framuss?

saxxamafone said:
sweet!!

i didn't upgrade from 7.04 because of the V30 cab not being the same
sounds like it's time for me to finally upgrade :twisted:

So... is the new V30 cab still framuss?
I don't even think the Framus was a Framus!!!

Back
Top Bottom