Sold a guitar. Shipped it via UPS. Receiver claims he did not receive it...

UPDATE: UPS is paying the claim according to the buyer. Of course UPS has not notified me of this. I received a screen shot from the buyer and this is all I have to go on. I informed the buyer once the check is in my hands, I'd pay him. Of course this isn't good enough and he is having a fit.
The last time I went through this situation, I filed the claim, got it approved in 2 days, received the funds, and then I sent the money to the buyer. At no time did the insurer contact the buyer about the status of the claim. The insurer only contacted me, the seller, about the status of the claim.

The last time I went through this situation, I filed the claim, got it approved in 2 days, received the funds, and then I sent the money to the buyer. At no time did the insurer contact the buyer about the status of the claim. The insurer only contacted me, the seller, about the status of the claim.
Exactly. UPS would NEVER share details of a transaction with the seller with a 3rd party.
Definitely fishy.

Interestingly thread and still hoping it turns out ok for the seller. F*ck that buyer. Even if porch pirates nabbed it there’s no reason to be a dick especially since UPS said it delivered the package. You would think that since UPS claims it was delivered it would be simple to resolve. Stand your guns man.

As far as I know UPS will not let a person that is not the shipper submit a claim. Their contract is with the shipper not the recipient.

The fact that the buyer isn’t willing to wait until the shipper receives compensation and is pitching a fit that the seller isn’t immediately paying him doesn’t pass the smell test.

I submitted the claim. The buyer claims he's heard from UPS concerning the payout, but I have not. I thought from the beginning there is something not quite right with the transaction and this guy after he told me he was home all day and UPS didn't even drive down his street.

Once he informed me of that I asked him to call me which he refused to do and still has not to this day. Messaging through Reverb, text, etc. tends to get lost and I find it best to talk on the phone. You get a better feel for the person you are dealing with and most aren't cocky and aggressive as this guy has been through Reverb.

We're talking a 900.00 transaction here. I get it, that is a nice chunk of change, but if you work for a living, know how to manage your money and don't live beyond your means, 900.00 is not going to put you in dire straits as this guy seems it has done to him. You guys have made me even more wary of this clown and I can't help but think he's dishonest. He wants his cake and eat it too. Meaning the guitar and the money.

I submitted the claim. The buyer claims he's heard from UPS concerning the payout, but I have not. I thought from the beginning there is something not quite right with the transaction and this guy after he told me he was home all day and UPS didn't even drive down his street.

Once he informed me of that I asked him to call me which he refused to do and still has not to this day. Messaging through Reverb, text, etc. tends to get lost and I find it best to talk on the phone. You get a better feel for the person you are dealing with and most aren't cocky and aggressive as this guy has been through Reverb.

We're talking a 900.00 transaction here. I get it, that is a nice chunk of change, but if you work for a living, know how to manage your money and don't live beyond your means, 900.00 is not going to put you in dire straits as this guy seems it has done to him. You guys have made me even more wary of this clown and I can't help but think he's dishonest. He wants his cake and eat it too. Meaning the guitar and the money.
His angry bravado to me is more a sign of someone who is trying to push his way through a scam rather than someone trying to work through the situation. I wouldn’t read this any other way.

He wants his cake and eat it too. Meaning the guitar and the money.
I've been following your post and I'm really sorry to hear about the crap this person is putting you through.

I have to agree...I smell a scam. If there was an issue, as this person claims, there is no reason why they shouldn't be working with you to resolve the issue, if they were an honest person.

Brainstorming here, but if he persists and you’ve done all the steps required of you, I would tell him that because you suspect he is scamming you, you have/will call his local law enforcement to investigate HIM. And tell him, that his behavior has led you to believe he is trying to defraud you.

Back
Top Bottom