So What's New on the III? ...(Axe-Fx II vs III)

I see on the chart that the Tremolo “Type” is listed as 2... is that count referring to the current pan/trem function of the AxeFX II, or did you guys sneak a harmonic tremolo algorithim in the trem block as well?

You son-of-a-gun timed this release just when I paid my XL off!! Gotta get this house built first then maybe, CNC machine, then maybe Axe III

You son-of-a-gun timed this release just when I paid my XL off!! Gotta get this house built first then maybe, CNC machine, then maybe Axe III
I highly recommend the home CNC machine. I've used mine for countless projects, most of them music and gear related. It can be as big of a rabbit hole as gear, and a bigger money pit.

I highly recommend the home CNC machine. I've used mine for countless projects, most of them music and gear related. It can be as big of a rabbit hole as gear, and a bigger money pit.

Hate to get off-topic but, what are you running & recommend? I was considering the Shapeoko XL. https://shop.carbide3d.com/products/shapeoko-xl-kit?variant=42721938758

Still open to suggestions though. I mostly build my own guitars and the occasional build by commission. Yes, it’s a rabbit hole as well, lol!!

One question that I have not seen asked: do channels share modifier assignment like X/Y? I'm really hoping they are independent...

Also, will we be able to reassign continuous controller pedals dynamically with the new controller?

You couldn't use one near mics unless they were drum mics for a loud drummer and you didn't mind a fan whirring between beats :)
Thanks
Pauly

I am glad to hear that, but many told me the mk2 was too, and I could not use it near mics, and had to keep switching it off all the time
Does anyone use one near mics?

Gotta wonder if the Eventide folks aren’t browning their trousers a bit over this new AFXIII. kit. ..they must know that they lost a rafter of potential h9000 customers (well, one at least) ....7000$?

Gotta wonder if the Eventide folks aren’t browning their trousers a bit over this new AFXIII. kit. ..they must know that they lost a rafter of potential h9000 customers (well, one at least) ....7000$?

They should be fine. The Eventide has multichannel AES and ADAT, plus expansion cards, which makes it much more suitable as an outboard processor.

Well... So far, that's the only "problem" I have that isn't addressed by the III.

I'll live o_O

This was probably my biggest wishlist item too. Would be awesome to have auto engage and modifiers/controllers separate. On some scenes, I'd love to have certain parameters linked to tap tempo, but have the option to use an expression pedal to change modulation rate on a certain scene. Or even better, be able to use an expression pedal to control delay mix on one scene, but let the same pedal autoengage the whammy on another scene. You could get a ridiculous amount of use out of 1 or 2 expression pedals with careful planning.

I wonder… do you think Fractal could wrangle up some interesting music visualizers for screen display during live performance?

I'm sure Cliff already has a few tricks like this up his sleeve. Maybe a fractal (ie - NOT the company's logo) visualizer? The screen does have a dedicated graphics processor, after all.

Thanks again Yek for keeping us straight. As the knower of all things FX III, a question on something I could get pretty excited about, but my search revealed I might be the only one as I don't find other discussions -

So there is a MIDI block we can put on the grid, and it can send up to 8 CC or PC messages per preset/scene change, sent via the MIDI OUT port. Could be so cool! I could send change commands to our lighting system when I change scene or go to a lead patch/scene. But sounds like it doesn't change on Channels? And would I have to use the MIDI OUT, MIDI cable and purchase some converter to get it back to my PC? Or can I route the MIDI OUT over USB.

Would like to avoid having to run two cables from my FX III to my PC as I already use USB/MIDI to change Patch/Scene from Bandhelper per song.

On the waitlist...excited! F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5... wait, that's not working this time.

Back
Top Bottom