So What's New on the III? ...(Axe-Fx II vs III)

Can't help myself. But I really like the green screen. IMHO this always was some kind of catchy sign for Fractals on stage...Please include a "Green screen"-Mode to the AXE III. ;-) Ok...just kidding. ......or not?.......

Now it will be the ever glowing blue logo that will tell it apart. (hope it changes colors)

Congrats Cliff and co for creating this new baby that everyone is/was waiting for ..
I am already on G66's waiting list in Europe. :) Does anyone have a rough idea btw on when shippings to Europe are planned.

With such an internal power, I am personally hoping the Axe III will be able to create drop down sounds in the pitch block without latency and sounding like the original. Fingers crossed. maybe a beta tester has already tested this and can share his/her thoughts?

Again , thumbs up to the whole FAS team for the hard work done.

i think he's referring to the global clock syncing with downbeats via midi clock. trouble is, midi clock knows nothing about bars or beats. so it's never been possible and never will. you need to use MTC for that
Strictly speaking thats not wrong but there are ways to sync things to the downbeat which the Axe FX II doesn't do. Hopefully it will sync all the modulation waveforms and LFO's using the Start/stop message from the DAW. I'm sick to death of programming block on/off messages on a separate MIDI "Control" track in Ableton or Logic to get things like phasers and LFO modulation aligned to the track! Be nice to have the option to turn such sync on and off for each block though, sometimes no sync is nice.

doesn't the Tremolo block already do this in the II and AX8? i thought it did.
No it doesn't
from the Wiki:

Start Tremolo on the beat: You can make the Tremolo start on the beat (triggered): use the Start Phase parameter.
https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Tremolo/Panner_block&oldid=43762

Start phase determines the start phase of the waveform (duh!) but it doesn't align the waveform to the beat unless you activate the block or preset exactly on the beat because the modulating waveform just starts running as soon as the block is active, it doesn't wait for the beat... Same with the Phaser, Flanger and Chorus and its a mighty pain in the butt! I hope the III has the option to sync effects to the midi beat rather than it just being in time relative to itself.

Actually you just need 2 (stereo) outputs to run quad, you can potentially go octaphonic :D
That's fantastic!

But in the sense of using 4 delay blocks to delay the signal for each of the 4 outputs, I cant see that option happening in the Mark 2 :D

Last edited:
Do the F6 and FC12 have Expression pedal inputs on the back? If so, how many?

Found my answer.

"You can connect up to four expression pedals (such as the Fractal Audio EV-1 or EV-2) and four external switches to each FC controller."

Last edited:
Way too much latency in Bluetooth for that.
Uhh no absolutely not. For audio sure, latency is a big problem for bluetooth but it can *easily* send a program or control change message in a timely manner. I have a couple of Bluetooth MIDI devices already. A program change message including the channel info is like five *bytes*.

Uhh no absolutely not. For audio sure, latency is a big problem for bluetooth but it can *easily* send a program or control change message in a timely manner. I have a couple of Bluetooth MIDI devices already. A program change message including the channel info is like five *bytes*.

I thought you meant wireless as in wireless guitar plugin, given that I read some other comments about it.

Actually you just need 2 (stereo) outputs to run quad, you can potentially go octaphonic :D
No joke, this excites me no end. I do lots of 5.1 surround recording in my little studio, and the idea of setting up self-contained surround patches knocks me out.

Now I’m kicking myself for waiting 12 hours to wake up and get on the waiting list.

Seems like the RTM could be very useful for trying to match the specific EQ of some hardware pedals like fuzz and not just matching by ear

At least another tool in the toolbox if nothing else

It would be cool if you could inject a noise source into the RTA and the unit could sample a few room points with an external mic. Automatic global EQ for room flatness.

the only thing i saw was the 8 plex multidelay and an RTA block

i would hope that there are some new algorithms...or perhaps the opportunity to add some new ones as time goes by...
The 8-plex Multidelay has a gorgeous detune algorithm.

Back
Top Bottom