So What's New on the III? ...(Axe-Fx II vs III)

"Our celebrated Tone Matching block is also improved, now with the impressive ability to clone the tone of an amp or recording in UltraRes™."
Excellent, something that definitely reminds another brand's model ;)

Are the 5 encoders below the display rasterized as on the FX8? I never understand why the encoders on the AX8 are not, difficult to setup a specific parameter value...
What`s stellar are the new IN & OUT Blocks! More flexibility and no more workaround via "delay Out 1 to Out2" in the global I/O section of the Axe II, if i get it right?
Also hopefully the digital routing of S/PDIF & AES/EBU are freely assignable to IN & OUT1,2,3,4 ? So we can do digitally FX Loops? This would be cool!
Did the the entlarged USB Audio (8x8) get`s a new and better ASIO driver?

Counting the physical encoders and knobs results in a reduction to the Axe II. Why?
No more 4 Quickcontrols, instead 5 encoders below the display (GOOD!)
No more 12 direct buttons (No more dedicated TUNER, I/O, LAYOUT, GLOBAL, CONTROL,...), but only 4 left (hmmm ....). Therefore 5 push functions on the encoder knobs, so: 12-8+5 = 9 push buttons on the Axe III, 12 on the Axe II. Rest will stay equivalent, it seems.
So, 50% more frontplate (3HE instead of 2HE), but less hardware controls. Hopefully, the new GUI in conjunction with the new hardware control layout will over compensate this :)

The new GUI looks very good! Much more processor power and memory. All in all this seems to be a great step up from the II ;) Congratulations Fractal Team!

what will it cost?

Are the footswitch assignments on the FC pedals stored as part of the preset like on the AX8 or are they stored on the FC controller?

"Best of all, every function of the FC series controller is programmed right from the Axe-Fx itself, so no programming of the FC is required."

Will the text on the displays and led color be user editable or will they default to the a text and color based on the function it performs?

Back
Top Bottom