Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

How heavy is the hard Case? How much weight does it add to overall?

I used to have one before, the pt2 with hard case and it felt huge and super heavy!!! I want something practical but protective, I have heard the mono bag is really good for pedal boards and that it fits the pt pro.

It adds about 30lbs to the package. It has wheels and is completely worth it since I'm not lugging an amp around, and it's protecting some pretty expensive gear.

It adds about 30lbs to the package. It has wheels and is completely worth it since I'm not lugging an amp around, and it's protecting some pretty expensive gear.

It has wheels???? Where did you buy it?

Still, taking in/out of the car, up and down the stairs, Etc, have to be hard...

It's the original Pedaltrain Pro hard case (the black version before they went to a slightly lower profile and gray). The newest "Classic" design got rid of the wheels and the extra compartment, trimming the size and weight even more.

I bought it off a good friend who decided to be more creative and downsize to a PT Jr.

Finally got mine all wired up. Ran out of Velcro for the top part of the board, but I may just end up leaving the natural wood showing.
AX8%20Rig_zpsjzmfvikx.jpg

Where did you get the parts to build that junction
Box I wanna put one of those on my board

The box I picked out from below, but purchased it via Amazon:

http://www.hammondmfg.com/scpg.htm

I spray painted the box black to match everything else on the board. All the powercon, neutrik, right-angle USB's, etc were all purchased via Amazon as well. I did purchase the the USB panel mount from Sweetwater because I couldn't find it on Amazon.

Did you have to trim the foam back on the top lid? I have the newer PT pro classic hard shell case and I can't close the lid .. Both the "foot block" bar on the top of the AX8 and the EV1 expression pedals are too high... I also have the AX8 at the lowest point on the frame..

No, I didn't have to trim the foam, but mine is the original PT Pro and case. The case is 7.5" height, external edge-to-edge. My PT-Pro is only 3" tall at the back, didn't they increase the height of the newer models?

Also, my foam has a decent amount of give, so if something was too tall, the foam would collapse around it. The roll bar is probably pressing into the foam when the case is closed, but isn't leaving an indentation.

Thanks for the info!

QUOTE="biskitboy, post: 1334844, member: 19699"]The box I picked out from below, but purchased it via Amazon:

http://www.hammondmfg.com/scpg.htm

I spray painted the box black to match everything else on the board. All the powercon, neutrik, right-angle USB's, etc were all purchased via Amazon as well. I did purchase the the USB panel mount from Sweetwater because I couldn't find it on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Started looking at putting the new AX8 Pedalboard together.......

.....hmm....a bit tighter for cabling than I'd hoped.....I think I will try to sink the Pedal Power 2Plus under/in the board - might need to cut a hole in it as its not deep enough under there.....I wish there was a smaller option that retained the courtesy AC outlet for the AX8.......and I don't really need the rest of the other outputs.....I just need two for the G50 and one for the Bright Onion Pedals adjustable boost unit. The other option is putting a regular power block in there and plugging everything in - but it won't be as tidy.

....the G50 is a decent wireless ....BUT...those antennas really get in the way.......the G70 would be a nice, more compact, upgrade but hard to justify the extra cost just for that.

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_1959.jpg

Just finished this rig for my son

EYJ5OZi.jpg

0HLmws1.jpg

WdMY5oK.jpg

One of the best looking board I've ever seen - big thumps up.
Your son must feel very fortunate and very loved.

Can you give us the dimensions or name on that NYC board and the dimensions or parts# on the Hammond box for the break out box you made ??
Thanks

Finally gotten round to finishing my new AX8 board and labelling it all up. Really pleased with how this all worked out, digging the simplicity of everything on the board, and enjoying a new way of doing things with the AX8 - lots of fun!!!

Really liking this setup - super simple, everything is on the pedalboard (except the monitors, of course), and only 2 audio cables and 1 power cable leaving the board. I have my DIY 'pick holder' on the top right of the board and cables are neatly hidden where possible.

Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+ is powering the AX8 and G70 (the PP2 is in the corner, stealthied up as it was a bit too 'bling' compared to the blackness on the rest of the board) and, for home use only, It's plugged into a Furman power conditioned, in the rack case beneath it, so I can switch everything on and off with one switch.

Also for home use only is the Peterson Stomp Classic, which is sitting on the monitor to the left of the board, which is also powered by the PP2. Also blackened that puppy up, because, well... black. Innit. :)

The AX8 sounds immense and the way the switches can be configured is pure genius. F-Switches are fantastic. Totally re-thought the way I set up patches, and I have a single template now that gives me pretty much anything I'd need within 1 patch - awesome!! Anyway, enough jibber jabber - here are the money shots :)

Board%20wide_zps2xwvzoes.jpg

Board%20side_zps8vfe6xk9.jpg

F%20Switch_zps9aapvhwa.jpg

Board%20side_zps8vfe6xk9.jpg

tidy%20cabling_zpsbvmvuvbd.jpg

Wah%20not%20Wah_zpsq2kwlzqo.jpg

front%20on_zps5dz3b8mx.jpg

glow_zpstmg1z21b.jpg

full%20rig_zpsealbegrc.jpg

Last edited:
Toadfish, that is a lovely, compact, streamlined setup!

I'd love to get a clearer view of how you're handling power distro. Wall wart and all are truly a buttular pain.

Back
Top Bottom