Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Scott, do you have an MFC or were you controlling your Axe by other means? Either way, it will interesting to hear your thoughts once you've played live with the 8. Especially if comparing to the MFC.
I do have an MFC, and yes this is different for sure the big thing being that you can make anyswitch anything per preset. I think the MFC is global IA Switches. I usually only turn on a drive or Delay occasionally or use scenes, so I'm not using my MFC to its full potential. We'll at least we know what the future MFC 202 is going to act like. Its funny when I was in LA in October I was playing with it and I couldn't figure out how to set the switches, so I asked Cooper and he's like yeah, you just do this and that, bam! Now that I have read the manual, it's like Oh, that was obvious.

I guess my big thing that I stated on earlier posts on why I wanted this variation in my life, was originally to have an all contained board that after my last song in the third service, I could just pick it up and walk off stage with it. That will save me an hour, since I have already heard the service by then. Having individual pieces on the ground would make it harder to pick it up in one fell swoop. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Yikes. Walking off stage with a giant Trailer Trash board mid-service... I wouldn't let you do it if you ever came down to T-Town to play my stage. ;-)

My AX8 will be on a PT-Pro-HC so I support the big board concept in general.

Wait 'til I get the wood panels! :)
LOL I am def thinking of getting a wood panel for the face where the screen is. As for Ev5 I used one many moons ago (almost 20 years ago) and it worked fine for me. I have only heard horror stores about them breaking ect last few years. It blows my mind that Larry has has his so long. With that said I am keeping it simple too ax8 ev1 and mini exp knob

I do have an MFC, and yes this is different for sure the big thing being that you can make anyswitch anything per preset. I think the MFC is global IA Switches. I usually only turn on a drive or Delay occasionally or use scenes, so I'm not using my MFC to its full potential. We'll at least we know what the future MFC 202 is going to act like. Its funny when I was in LA in October I was playing with it and I couldn't figure out how to set the switches, so I asked Cooper and he's like yeah, you just do this and that, bam! Now that I have read the manual, it's like Oh, that was obvious.
It is funny I am def a global IA kind of guy. There are a few IA's that I use "all day long" Drive 1/2 and delay. I want those consistant. I don't want to use the brain power to think about oh many what does this button do in this preset lol. I know lots of guys are not like me and I love that the Ax8 is options.

LOL I am def thinking of getting a wood panel for the face where the screen is. As for Ev5 I used one many moons ago (almost 20 years ago) and it worked fine for me. I have only heard horror stores about them breaking ect last few years. It blows my mind that Larry has has his so long. With that said I am keeping it simple too ax8 ev1 and mini exp knob
Sounds like a good approach, and the ev1 is a great exp pedal! My experiences with the EV5's have been good and they get the job done for my various configurations; I have 3 of them, and the oldest must be at least 15 years and still going strong.

Yikes. Walking off stage with a giant Trailer Trash board mid-service... I wouldn't let you do it if you ever came down to T-Town to play my stage. ;-)

My AX8 will be on a PT-Pro-HC so I support the big board concept in general.
I have done it with my MFC board, so I don't see why not. But you are correct I have kicked it across the stage once, Man they were mad. I interrupted the flow and I felt like a jerk. we'll see.

Scott could tie a black rope to the handle of his Trailer Trash and inconspicuously pull it off the stage during the message! haha
I like that, I'll put it on wheels that I can flip out. I have a staging crew where I play. This will be routine for them, just like when they pull the singers microphone stand off. Easy peasy.

I bought the Gator case a few years ago for a L6 HD500. It was a pretty good fit IIRC, but it fits the AX8 and two M-audio expression pedals (they're stacked on top of each other in the case) really nicely. I'm thinking I may get angle adapters for a few connectors I use and just leave everything in the case except for the expression pedals when I gig.

I bought the Gator case a few years ago for a L6 HD500. It was a pretty good fit IIRC, but it fits the AX8 and two M-audio expression pedals (they're stacked on top of each other in the case) really nicely. I'm thinking I may get angle adapters for a few connectors I use and just leave everything in the case except for the expression pedals when I gig.

any idea what model that is? I think I have the same one

I bought the Gator case a few years ago for a L6 HD500. It was a pretty good fit IIRC, but it fits the AX8 and two M-audio expression pedals (they're stacked on top of each other in the case) really nicely. I'm thinking I may...

@NeoSound How well do those M-audio pedals work? They are quite affordable...but are they really gig type pedals?

@NeoSound How well do those M-audio pedals work? They are quite affordable...but are they really gig type pedals?

I've had four of them in the past 10 years and only had issues with one (scratchy pot)

I have several others but prefer the compact, light weight and the sweep range of the m-audio. I hope some day FAS offers a smaller version of theirs.

Back
Top Bottom