Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

I'll have a KTR, Soul Food and Timmy running into the front of my AX8 when it arrives (possibly through a VL Hex or RJM MEG for scene integration). I'm a low drive addict. I've never tried an Archer but it seems silly to have 3 klones, right?

The Archer is a great pedal I had one and sold it recently when I got the FX8.

Hm. It seems the FX8 is quite a bit larger than my LF+ 12+. That's regrettable. On retrospect the 12+ has only four switches on a row and the AX8 has five, so I guess I could have known, but it still looks quite a bit wider than my 12+ including the external switchbox.
Are you sure it's the PT2?

The 12+ fits on my PT2 with ample room for an external 2-button switch and 2 Dunlop DVP pedals. I was hoping I could just swap it out. How far is it from the left side of the board?

Last edited:
Hm. It seems the FX8 is quite a bit larger than my LF+ 12+. That's regrettable. On retrospect the 12+ has only four switches on a row and the AX8 has five, so I guess I could have known, but it still looks quite a bit wider than my 12+ including the external switchbox.

The 12+ fits on my PT2 with ample room for an external 2-button switch and 2 Dunlop DVP pedals. I was hoping I could just swap it out. How far is it from the left side of the board?
Historically ppl have put an Mfc and 2 mission pedals on a pt2. It just bearly fit. The pedals were basically touching if I recall. The Mfc is a hair over .25 inches narrower than ax and fx

And you're far from the first person I've heard tell that exact story, which is why I got one. It sounds fantastic. I'll be running it in the FX loop so I can utilize it with scenes. The comp will always on, so I'm just going to run it before the input.
I am sorry, I am a bit confused. Are you planning on the Archer or the Mythical OD?

BTW, some friends and I just made Klon Clone shootout. We had the gold archer Ikon, the Silver Archer, a Soul Food and a quite expensive (twice the price of an Archer) Danish boutique pedal. Of the lot, I would have chosen the gold Archer. But in the shootouts, I have seen online, I like the Tumnus better than the Archer. The Mythical OD also sounds damn sweet. And it is not too expensive.

I am sorry, I am a bit confused. Are you planning on the Archer or the Mythical OD?

BTW, some friends and I just made Klon Clone shootout. We had the gold archer Ikon, the Silver Archer, a Soul Food and a quite expensive (twice the price of an Archer) Danish boutique pedal. Of the lot, I would have chosen the gold Archer. But in the shootouts, I have seen online, I like the Tumnus better than the Archer. The Mythical OD also sounds damn sweet. And it is not too expensive.

Which Danish pedal is that ??
I'm not aware of any Danish Klon clones

Whoops, misread your original post. I've heard the story you gave in reference to the Mythical OD many times. My bad!

Historically ppl have put an Mfc and 2 mission pedals on a pt2. It just bearly fit. The pedals were basically touching if I recall. The Mfc is a hair over .25 inches narrower than ax and fx
If only it were an inch or two narrower... From the look of the switches it could have been. Of course I have no idea how cramped it is on the inside...

Yes, mine is the PT2

Here is a picture of the back....

Attachments

• axe8_PT2.jpg
    axe8_PT2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 664
Back
Top Bottom