Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

I dont mind the larger board, I use a folding dolly to wheel in board and guitar. Plus I no longer have to bring in amps.
give us some detail. Who makes the pedalboard? What's the size? Anything else you want to divulge.

Last edited:
I think the company is called Brady. Its like 18x36". I have to have the incline, flat pedalboards drive me nuts. I have a furman surge underneath in the cavity. I have extra room still so I may add my talkbox if I cant simulate it good enough on the AX8. Obviously L6 G50, mission pedals (one spring loaded), boss fs6 for my momentary effects, mogami 2534 cables for everything :)

I think the company is called Brady. Its like 18x36". I have to have the incline, flat pedalboards drive me nuts. I have a furman surge underneath in the cavity. I have extra room still so I may add my talkbox if I cant simulate it good enough on the AX8. Obviously L6 G50, mission pedals (one spring loaded), boss fs6 for my momentary effects, mogami 2534 cables for everything :)
Nice! I was looking at Brady's cases as well and finally settled on trailer trash. Mine is the same size 36x18. Looks like it fits everything. It's fun to put this stuff together isn't it? Awesome board!

latest

Gi

give us some detail. Who makes the pedalboard? What's the size? Anything else you want to divulge.
Are you kidding? I thought he stole your whole set up added the incline and use l6 instead of Shure! Lol as soon as I saw it I thought look Ode to Scott. All jokes aside you boys are sure inspiring lots of folks with those boards

Last edited:
I have to submit my almost finished offering... As I wait for 1 more piece.

EDIT: for an updated photo of extra work done, board dims are (useable) 12 3/4" x 26 5/8".

EDIT: 4/12/16 for the addition of the AX8... Woot Woot! Bad news is per Derrick at this time db Instruments is not building any 4E's due to machining issues and it will be at least an 8 week delay in delivery :(
so I will have to use my trusty EB VPJr until then.

EDIT: For a board change, I decided to lower the height of the AX8 by cutting out the top of the board to recess the AX8. Ergonomically this feels better when going to step on a button and brings the AX8 buttons closer to the height of the wireless and T1M buttons. Still waiting on an 4E

allx7nZMg8oNwbyt1

EDIT: For the finished product finally got an E4, Great addition to the AX8!

20160115_192428-1_zpsiao5xzct.jpg

Last edited:
One of the perks of being a mechanical engineer is that I can get into very detailed modeling of rigs I'm planning in my free time. Here's the result of several weeks of lunch breaks and evenings:

Step 1: 2D Drawing
PB3.JPG

Step 2: 3D Model
PB2.jpg

PB1.jpg
The pedal board and the AX8 are all I need to finish this up now...

Are you kidding? I thought he stole your whole set up added the incline and use l6 instead of Shure! Lol as soon as I say it I was Ode to Scott. All jokes aside you boys are sure inspiring lots of folks with those boards
I bought all my stuff 3 months ago just been waiting for the ax8 :)

One of the perks of being a mechanical engineer is that I can get into very detailed modeling of rigs I'm planning in my free time. Here's the result of several weeks of lunch breaks and evenings:

Step 1: 2D Drawing
View attachment 29450

Step 2: 3D Model
View attachment 29449

View attachment 29448
The pedal board and the AX8 are all I need to finish this up now...
I really like your cable interface at the bottom. Very easy set up. I see one expression pedal and an Ax8, but what are the other gizmos on the board?

EDIT: I just saw that the names of the pedals were in the 2D layouts - I actually never heard of the Mythical OD or saw anyone with that compressor - just saw a few demos - they sound nice. I am still thinking about keeping a Klon clone on my board - right now I have the soul food, but I may upgrade to Tumnus or this Mythical OD.

Last edited:
I really like your cable interface at the bottom. Very easy set up. I see one expression pedal and an Ax8, but what are the other gizmos on the board?

EDIT: I just saw that the names of the pedals were in the 2D layouts - I actually never heard of the Mythical OD or saw anyone with that compressor - just saw a few demos - they sound nice. I am still thinking about keeping a Klon clone on my board - right now I have the soul food, but I may upgrade to Tumnus or this Mythical OD.

The Archer is the best Klon clone I've tried.
We AB'ed it with a good friends two original Klons (one gold and one silver) - afterwards he cashed in, sold the two Klons and got an Archer and a nice chunk of cash.

The Archer is the best Klon clone I've tried.
We AB'ed it with a good friends two original Klons (one gold and one silver) - afterwards he cashed in, sold the two Klons and got an Archer and a nice chunk of cash.

And you're far from the first person I've heard tell that exact story, which is why I got one. It sounds fantastic. I'll be running it in the FX loop so I can utilize it with scenes. The comp will always on, so I'm just going to run it before the input.

I'll have a KTR, Soul Food and Timmy running into the front of my AX8 when it arrives (possibly through a VL Hex or RJM MEG for scene integration). I'm a low drive addict. I've never tried an Archer but it seems silly to have 3 klones, right?

Instant Access

Thanks. I clearly did not read the manual close enough:

"Footswitches can be programmed for many different uses. Perhaps the most common will be switching effect blocks ON or OFF—the classic "Instant Access" scenario—but as you scroll through the list of available effects, you will also find various special options called "Footswitch Blocks":" page 33.​

Back
Top Bottom