Red Dog Music (UK)

I'm not sure what you mean hahaha? Can you clarify?

Well, however many people (X number) are more than likely living in a house that they have a mortgage on, quite possibly you as well. With YOUR mentality, none of you should be in your house unless you paid cash for it. Barely anyone can 'afford' their mortgage after consideration of possibilities. I've seen people lose their homes simply because their sewer was overgrown with tree roots and had to be completely dug up and they couldn't afford it, they then were liened by the city for failing to comply with local ordinances, and eventually couldn't even afford their mortgage/taxes because they were trying to keep up with the city. Your job is not guaranteed...in fact, in Wisconsin, your employer can fire you at any time, for any reason (at will). So, unless you have tons of money in the bank backing up your monthly mortgage payment, you really CANNOT afford your house. Does that clarify enough???

Hang on a second... Where have I said anything about people having to pay for it in cash otherwise they don't deserve it? I have no idea what you're referring to by "YOUR mentality" what is it you think I'm saying etc?

Hopefully I can understand your way of thinking so I can solidify my point of view as at present I feel like you're totally misreading what I've said.

Last edited:
I was referring to the original post by 'Biggness'...not you...I was stating IN your favor.

Hang on a second... Where have I said anything about people having to pay for it in cash otherwise they don't deserve it? I have no idea what you're referring to by "YOUR mentality" what is it you think I'm saying etc?

Hopefully I can understand your way of thinking so I can solidify my point of view as at present I feel like you're totally misreading what I've said.

I know that you don't want to hear this, but if you have to finance gear, you can't afford it.

I disagree. But my version of "can't afford it" is: can I pay my bills? Can I eat? If the answer is yes then I can afford it. I cycle this question until I've bought the item in full, if I get to the end consistently saying yes then I have been able to afford it IMO.

Could if afford it up front? No, but impatience and a stable job give you some great benefits for getting shit you want / need NOW and paying for it at smaller chunks.

Financing gives you a credit rating. After I've finished paying for my computer parts my credit rating will be flawless and better than my parents. Over the years I've spent £1000's through financing and never struggled to pay my bills or to eat. While at the same time gaining a positive credit rating.

My car is financed, my computer has always been financed, my axe fx is bought outright. I work 6 days a week to be able to ensure I can afford stuff. So perhaps we have different views on the matter? I'm not slating your opinion at all, I'm simply saying that I don't particularly agree with it.

Financing is a conscious decision for me, not a hit it and hope where I might end up biting off more than I can chew etc.

NOTHING wrong with that at ALL!!!

I disagree. But my version of "can't afford it" is: can I pay my bills? Can I eat? If the answer is yes then I can afford it. I cycle this question until I've bought the item in full, if I get to the end consistently saying yes then I have been able to afford it IMO.

Could if afford it up front? No, but impatience and a stable job give you some great benefits for getting shit you want / need NOW and paying for it at smaller chunks.

Financing gives you a credit rating. After I've finished paying for my computer parts my credit rating will be flawless and better than my parents. Over the years I've spent £1000's through financing and never struggled to pay my bills or to eat. While at the same time gaining a positive credit rating.

My car is financed, my computer has always been financed, my axe fx is bought outright. I work 6 days a week to be able to ensure I can afford stuff. So perhaps we have different views on the matter? I'm not slating your opinion at all, I'm simply saying that I don't particularly agree with it.

Financing is a conscious decision for me, not a hit it and hope where I might end up biting off more than I can chew etc.

To the OP.. I would confirm with G66 that they will honor the 3 yr warranty if you purchase the unit thru RDM.

Unless it changed,. It doesn't work that way in the US as the warranty follows the buyer, NOT the device. IOW - warranty is NOT transferable to buyer of used device, even if you bought from the original purchaser 3 days after they bought it. The units are mostly trouble free, but you'd be seriously upset if you had an issue and RDM's purchase/sale to you voided the warranty, being the 2nd buyer.

Check first.. !!

I trust RDM when they say they honour the 3 year warranty and I've also seen g66 state that they cover the unit not the buyer. Plus if all goes to shit, I have small claims court and Red Dog writing that they offer the warranty etc. Thanks for the feedback!

I paid CASH for my house, I also paid CASH for my Fractal equipment. How? I saved and didn't buy garbage such as cigarettes, booze, junk food, etc. You are very wrong about people getting into 'trouble' over 'worthless' things...I think more people are in debt because of their house and vehicle than anything else...just look at the housing crisis that is STILL going on. Even though you buy a house, you still have to pay taxes, maintenance, etc. Even beyond that is the fact that everything costs way more nowadays...maybe you in the netherlands don't have to worry about that (which I doubt, being that my family is FROM the netherlands and I talk to them quite a bit). Sometimes, getting something on credit (such as the Fractal equipment) is just the thing that someone needs to build credit...so who are you guys to state these so called facts, and judge others? Other times, you're right, someone cannot afford it OUTRIGHT, but they ARE fiscally responsible, and are able to make all payments, and don't mind paying a few extra bucks on interest....to each their own. As usual, we are SO quick to judge others on this forum!

Btw, I think it REALLY sucks that you cannot get the warranty covered if you don't buy from a 'verified reseller'. That's one plus with Mesa...they have a FIVE year warranty, and it is TRANSFERABLE...for the same price as the AXE FX...

I presume where you live things are different than where I live. If you speak to your family about this, they will tell you that housing prices (also rent, btw) and taxes over here are such that on a modal budget nobody over here would be able to live somewhere, thus pay rent and at the same time save to pay for a house in cash money. Let alone eat and have a family and help them through an education. There wouldn't be enough houses for rent by a very long shot anyway.

I did not say mortgages didn't get people into trouble, they do and very much so, but they are more or less the only thing that is unavoidable if you want to actually live somewhere. The rest is mostly avoidable, either by buying cheaper, used or just abstaining. Deal with the instant gratification culture going around nowadays.

I checked, for median house price in Wisconsin you can't even buy a shed in NL. Taxes and car prices (highly related) are double that of the US. Buying a house and paying in cash is not an option in NL, unless you either make several times modal or live at your parents place 'till you're 50.

Also, over here we don't have a credit rating system that I know of, where you get better 'credit rating' when you pay your bills regularly as opposed to not having any debts at all. We only have a registry where you end up when you don't pay your bills. Then you just can't borrow any more. To me it's weird that you can get better credit rating when you are in debt than when you aren't. Then again, I don't borrow so I never checked how that works.

Believe you me, over here I do see young people over here borrowing to buy iPhones and mopeds and other stupid stuff. Biting off more than they can chew. A couple of thousand euros debt gets them into real problems over here since their margin wasn't big enough to buy the things outright, any setback will make the debts compound and they won't be able to make ends meet any more, spiraling out of control. Can't imagine that being different in the UK or the US, btw.

As somebody about to dive into 'the business' I can point out two things:

1: It's not unusual for a distributor in a territory to sell directly if a) the unit is in high demand and b) the margin available makes it uninteresting for retail outlets.
Manufacturing costs often lower over a products life so at some point a dealer network starts to make financial sense and the distributor will transition to indirect sales.

Cliff has chosen a price he believes is acceptable to the market but manufacturing costs (and the rate at which they can be made) preclude an extensive dealer network at this time. That may or may not be the case in the future, particularly as the product portfolio increases.

2: It sometimes make sense for a retailer to sell a product at low or non-existent margin if they have regular clients that require equipment 'bundles'. This sort of business is more of a service and anything that smooths the process can lead to sales of other, more profitable pieces.

As somebody about to dive into 'the business' I can point out two things:

1: It's not unusual for a distributor in a territory to sell directly if a) the unit is in high demand and b) the margin available makes it uninteresting for retail outlets.
Manufacturing costs often lower over a products life so at some point a dealer network starts to make financial sense and the distributor will transition to indirect sales.

Cliff has chosen a price he believes is acceptable to the market but manufacturing costs (and the rate at which they can be made) preclude an extensive dealer network at this time. That may or may not be the case in the future, particularly as the product portfolio increases.

2: It sometimes make sense for a retailer to sell a product at low or non-existent margin if they have regular clients that require equipment 'bundles'. This sort of business is more of a service and anything that smooths the process can lead to sales of other, more profitable pieces.

Couldn't agree more!

I trust RDM when they say they honour the 3 year warranty and I've also seen g66 state that they cover the unit not the buyer. Plus if all goes to shit, I have small claims court and Red Dog writing that they offer the warranty etc. Thanks for the feedback!
My comment was purely based on "buyer beware" which is good advice in any buying situation. No implications or inferences on "trust" or any other facet of RDM.
Simply this.. if you buy from them, ensure that you have warranty coverage and that you know the ins-and-outs of the process should you have to make a claim in the future, plus ensure you know how RDM handles that with G66, etc. It might never happen, but..

I presume where you live things are different than where I live. If you speak to your family about this, they will tell you that housing prices (also rent, btw) and taxes over here are such that on a modal budget nobody over here would be able to live somewhere, thus pay rent and at the same time save to pay for a house in cash money. Let alone eat and have a family and help them through an education. There wouldn't be enough houses for rent by a very long shot anyway.

I did not say mortgages didn't get people into trouble, they do and very much so, but they are more or less the only thing that is unavoidable if you want to actually live somewhere. The rest is mostly avoidable, either by buying cheaper, used or just abstaining. Deal with the instant gratification culture going around nowadays.

I checked, for median house price in Wisconsin you can't even buy a shed in NL. Taxes and car prices (highly related) are double that of the US. Buying a house and paying in cash is not an option in NL, unless you either make several times modal or live at your parents place 'till you're 50.

Also, over here we don't have a credit rating system that I know of, where you get better 'credit rating' when you pay your bills regularly as opposed to not having any debts at all. We only have a registry where you end up when you don't pay your bills. Then you just can't borrow any more. To me it's weird that you can get better credit rating when you are in debt than when you aren't. Then again, I don't borrow so I never checked how that works.

Believe you me, over here I do see young people over here borrowing to buy iPhones and mopeds and other stupid stuff. Biting off more than they can chew. A couple of thousand euros debt gets them into real problems over here since their margin wasn't big enough to buy the things outright, any setback will make the debts compound and they won't be able to make ends meet any more, spiraling out of control. Can't imagine that being different in the UK or the US, btw.

I can confirm the obvious: things are different in the USA than in the Netherlands. *LOL* Also, the percentage of people here who pay cash for their houses is minuscule.

I think it is worth stating officially that Fractal had nothing to do with Red Dog. If they're like other gray market sellers, they would have travelled to the US, bought an Axe-Fx, carried it home as used to avoid VAT, duties, etc. in order to sell it at below local dealer cost.

I think it is worth stating officially that Fractal had nothing to do with Red Dog. If they're like other gray market sellers, they would have travelled to the US, bought an Axe-Fx, carried it home as used to avoid VAT, duties, etc. in order to sell it at below local dealer cost.

Yeah, that's the only way I see to have a margin profit.

If they buy direct from G66 and sell the units for the same price just to "spread the word" (no margin profit) about this amazing unit it's kinda weird.

There is not too much altruist behavior these days.

there was a BIG margin profit... they were trying to sell it at 2.649,00 £ so 3325 Euro instead of 2599 Euro by G66. That's the truth

Back
Top Bottom