Preview: Tape Delay Emulation upcoming in Firmware 3.05

You'd program the II so fast that looking back at your statement here, you'll chuckle.

I'm not kidding you either. This box is not the Ultra or Standard. In so many ways.
I'll keep this in mind. I have about 130 user presets, many packed with modifiers and extensive external control. Just setting up the effects grids, adjusting basic parameters, setting up the modifiers, etc., will take a while. The IRs are different in the II as well, although I could capture the ones I need from the Ultra. The II may be easier to program, but it still won't be a trivial task to start from scratch. I'm not just trying to get good tone, I'm trying to match the tone/effects of a hundred classic rock tunes as closely as I can. That takes time.

Keep in mind I have a full-time day job, gig three nights a week, and now watch my toddler three nights a week. Between that and creating new presets for new songs for my band (as well as learning them) and dealing with endless house maintenance, I have little to no time for anything. Now, if I were back in school, I'd be all over it eight hours a day, no problem. Youth is wasted on people other than me.

I'll have a II eventually. In the meantime, I'll try to keep my frustrations in check, or at least to myself. Hearing this clip just makes me think of the possibilities I am missing. This new delay is extremely compelling. I might consider using both the Ultra and a II, and slowly developing presets for the II as time allows. If my budget ever allows it, that is what I will do.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Reactions: jon
brilliant!

can one of the beta testers do me an example of the delay time modulated by the sequencer, so that the pitch goes up one octave, back to original, down one octave, back to original, etc with each shift occurring every 2 beats? i'd love to hear that....

sim

Got it doing that but it is fading out after a few bars, got to figure out why.

Boy I hear in my head the likeness pf some of the cool tape delay effects from Hendrix Electric Ladyland side 3 as Adam plays with the motor speed...this is way cool stuff!

I'll keep this in mind. I have about 130 user presets, many packed with modifiers and extensive external control. Just setting up the effects grids, adjusting basic parameters, setting up the modifiers, etc., will take a while. The IRs are different in the II as well, although I could capture the ones I need from the Ultra. The II may be easier to program, but it still won't be a trivial task to start from scratch. I'm not just trying to get good tone, I'm trying to match the tone/effects of a hundred classic rock tunes as closely as I can. That takes time.

Keep in mind I have a full-time day job, gig three nights a week, and now watch my toddler three nights a week. Between that and creating new presets for new songs for my band (as well as learning them) and dealing with endless house maintenance, I have little to no time for anything. Now, if I were back in school, I'd be all over it eight hours a day, no problem. Youth is wasted on people other than me.

I'll have a II eventually. In the meantime, I'll try to keep my frustrations in check, or at least to myself. Hearing this clip just makes me think of the possibilities I am missing. This new delay is extremely compelling. I might consider using both the Ultra and a II, and slowly developing presets for the II as time allows. If my budget ever allows it, that is what I will do.

Thanks for the encouragement.

I cannot wait to hear what you can do with the II in your hands.

I didn't make the jump to the II because I had discovered new tricks with the ultra which got me closer than I ever was before.

However, I may just buy the II based off this and the IR capture alone! :eek:

I don't think there is ANY way I can make this sound on the ultra! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom