Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

one question, as the unit doesn’t require Mac0S drivers on recents macs, does it means that it will also be recognized by ios 11 (ipad and iphone?)

I use a lot ipad to record ideas or some specific stuff...

Are my prayers heard that the 5 encoders are rasterized below the display, as with the FX8, to enable targeted parameter value? The encoders on the AX8 are not rasterized (which is completely incomprehensible to me), which means that targeted control of a parameter value is often "pain in the ass" ...

I pray that the 5 encoders are rasterized!

Are my prayers heard that the 5 encoders are rasterized below the display, as with the FX8, to enable targeted parameter value? The encoders on the AX8 are not rasterized (which is completely incomprehensible to me), which means that targeted control of a parameter value is often "pain in the ass" ...

I pray that the 5 encoders are rasterized!
Yes. The correct term is "detent".

anybody been beta testing this thing that can say anything about it yet?
Yes, this is absolutely fabulous, the mutil-delays and Plex Delays are better than ever. You can easily get ambient sounds on the III that would crush the XL+s cpu. With the combination of Channels and Scenes you can reduce the number of presets significantly. The expanded routing, channels, and scene also makes spillover with in a preset pretty trivial.

1903943.jpg

The III is powerful for sure ! can't wait !

oh man.. so much potential. Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to afford it. My Axe-fx II has lost so much resale value that I don't think I can buy the new one. Congrats to everyone who can afford it. The Axe-fx family has represented one of the greatest investment of my life.

Feels seamless to me (and faster than any of my channel switching amps) but everyone has different definitions.
Like I said, it hurts more when you use automation.
Any chance for more amp blocks or, better yet, keeping channels always loaded and cross-fading while switching?

+1 ... cross-fading would be great. Being able to change the cross-fade time would be super great. Being able to manually cross-fade using an expression pedal would be hyper super great.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping for a small 1U version, with a small one row screen, or no screen at all... just some knobs for amp controls and preset selection... :D. All bigger editing done on phone, for example. Would be awesome.

The more details that emerge make me realize FAS really do take the wish list seriously. It seems like most of the functional wishes I e come across have been implemented. The biggest roadblock for me on the XL was organization. I just can't remember where I put everything on the mfc and which exp pedals do what. The new scene naming and programmable scribble strips solves this. Okay one more wish.. How about a new exp pedal with a scribble strip and a button to change functions on the fly? Never satisfied ;)

....and ideally it will have small gaps between sounds when changing amps to indicate when the switch has been made

Actually going to Cuba on vacation later this year... I promise to enjoy island and the breeze :) No idea what is Klon thou.

No worries mate, we all are at a different part of our tone-seeking journey. I was being fun around the comparison and don't worry about the Klon comment, inside forum joke. Good luck on your journey!!

Back
Top Bottom