Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Don't want to hijack thread - there are others on this PC+/AxeIII AES issue. I have the same problem, AES doesn't work from the III to the Powercab.

Otherwise it's a nice speaker system. Sounds great, easy to move and transport. Looks pretty solid too.
I have to say I am pleased, though if I had to do it over, I'd go for 2 of the 112's. Then I could get a real stereo spread.

Sweetwater even has a bundle for two 112s notably cheaper than the 212+. Hindsight 20/20.....

Well I don't know what I did differently, but I just got my Powercab and AES cable and it works perfectly here! No issues whatsoever. Signal to the cab was a bit 'hot' on the few presets I tested, but I simply reduced the level on the Output 1 block until the light was 'green' on the Powercab and is simply sounds incredible! EXACTLY as you normally hear it through headphones, but at gig volume!

Well I don't know what I did differently, but I just got my Powercab and AES cable and it works perfectly here! No issues whatsoever. Signal to the cab was a bit 'hot' on the few presets I tested, but I simply reduced the level on the Output 1 block until the light was 'green' on the Powercab and is simply sounds incredible! EXACTLY as you normally hear it through headphones, but at gig volume!
Maybe something in the last couple firmware revisions cleaned up the bug? I'll have to give it another shot. Very disappointing. If I can get 48kHz audio I want it. Especially with the quality of some of the IRs.

Just curious, have you updated the PC+ firmware since you bought it?

Maybe something in the last couple firmware revisions cleaned up the bug? I'll have to give it another shot. Very disappointing. If I can get 48kHz audio I want it. Especially with the quality of some of the IRs.

Just curious, have you updated the PC+ firmware since you bought it?

Yes, I've updated the PC+ firmware to the latest (v2.x?) using the Line6 updater software, which also adds 6 new 'Factory' speaker profiles.

My Axe III is on FW14, set to Digital Output: AES and Digital Output Source: Output 1

I'm using an AES/EBU cable (30 ft) from HOSA.

Hope this helps!

Yes, I've updated the PC+ firmware to the latest (v2.x?) using the Line6 updater software, which also adds 6 new 'Factory' speaker profiles.

My Axe III is on FW14, set to Digital Output: AES and Digital Output Source: Output 1

I'm using an AES/EBU cable (30 ft) from HOSA.

Hope this helps!

I think it will. Those who contacted L6 support got pushed off blaming Fractal. I don't think the issue is on the Fractal side. I bet the update cleans the bug. I'm seeing there was a MIDI clock bug on the PCab. Curious if it's the issue. Thanks for the details.

Edit: Still no luck. This is the weirdest thing. PC firmware update did nothing. What is the issue here......

Last edited:
Finally got mine in shape to show it off:
20200918_221315.jpg

Nice compact setup, I have the Friedman as well. Looking to get a 2nd one for stereo. Think I'm gonna sell my matrix cab and amp as I now prefer the Friedman's.
Cheers - yeah, I love the Friedman too - just so much more fun to play through than my monitors, hard to explain just feels better.

Anyone using one of those SKB Studio Flyer cases? I have a 6u fly rack version at the moment but If I'm selling off my matrix stuff it makes sense to scale down to a 4u case with just the axe and my power conditioner. Plus my IO panel at the back. I like the idea of storing my laptop on top as well.

Back
Top Bottom