Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

I think the TAD (do you mean tube amp expander?) is absolutely brilliant! It’s a total game changer to be able to crank my mark V boogie at bedroom levels and it sounds amazing. I recently did a direct comparison between the axe 3 mark series amps and my Mk V through the TAE was the clear winner

Do you also use it as a power amp for your AxeFX?
If yes, is it transparent?

IMG-8753.jpg

View attachment 71099

Finally got everything set up so I can sit in one spot and get everything done without sharing USB cables or moving stuff around to access it.
That is a huge boost to workflow and playflow. No more "I want to do X, but don't feel like the hassle of hooking up Y" for what you want to do.

I am close. I need risers for the goodies on my Temple pedalboards, then there's one less bit of clutter to look at. Gotta file stuff in the filing cabinet so it's off my desk. It's amazing how fast and easily clutter grows....

What brand / model of pedalboard is that?

Home built. I started with a Roadie 40 x 16 x 6 ( I think "heavy duty") road case. The pedal board itself I made from old bed laths I kept for some straight / spare wood if I ever needed them. They're made of hickory or oak. Very sturdy.

I simply arranged the FC12, Mission pedals, and effects to where I thought I'd like them... and took a few measurements. The pedal board chassis is simple wood + glue + drywall screws. I painted the wood chassis with matte black Walmart art paint, and bought a few rolls of 2" adhesive backed hook & loop tape. All pedals and FC12 are held in place by the hook & loop.

FC12 and Mission pedals have laths under them too, just not elevated to the level of the stomp box deck. Pedal board chassis is secured by screws thru the Roadie case and sealed by silicone.

Cost ~ $20 (maybe) aside form the cost of the road case. ... took an hour or two to build and secure the cables, plus clean up and put tools away That's about it.

This is my third case I built this way. One for my old Ultra /FCB1010, one for my MFC / Axe II XL, and now this one for FC12 / Axe III.

The wood frame is pretty lite, but adding in the FC12, and all the stuff it supports, the case is pretty heavy now... but still room enough to gain even more weight.

Back
Top Bottom