Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Hello everyone...just received my Axe-FX III last week (bought used) and then bought a new FC-6 Foot Controller and EV-2 pedal so I thought I'd post my rig. Couldn't be happier with the tones I'm getting! Have been through just about every tube amp (Mesa, Marshall, EVH, PRS, Laney, etc.) and every effects pedal (Helix, Boss, Headrush, etc.) and nothing comes close to the Axe-Fx III IMO.

Cliff and his team have done an amazing job and it just keeps getting better with every firmware update.

Here's a rundown of my gear:
• DIY 8U rack case I built using 3/4" Birch Plywood and Gator Rackrails (I don't gig so weight is not an issue)
• Furman PL-8C Power Conditioner
• Denon DN-F350 Media Player (Bluetooth and USB to play along with music)
• Matrix GT1000FX Power Amp
• Axe-FX III
• Mesa 2x12 Vertical Cab with V30's
• Temple Audio Trio 28 Pedalboard
• Fractal FC-6 Foot Controller
• (2) Mosky Dual Footswitches connected to FC-6 for Tuner, Layouts, and more
• BBE Sonic Stomp
• Beatbuddy Drum Pedal and Footswitch
• JHS Little Black Amp Box (to tame the volume on Beatbuddy)
• EHX 1440 Looper with MIDI Sync to Beatbuddy
• Fractal EV-2 for Volume, Whammy, etc.
• Mission EP-1 Spring Loaded Pedal for Wah
• Voodoo Lab 4x4 Power Supply
• Temple Audio LED Light Kit

Next items will be a good set of studio monitors and some Barefoot Buttons for the pedals.
View attachment 73260View attachment 73261
Everything so nice and tidy. A lot of love went into that.

Just got my Axe FX III this morning. Gonna be a long day in work.

uRBgm8o.jpg
Hi,
can you tell me which kind of sideboard this is, where you put the axe rack in?

Last edited:
Please demonstrate for the class, we will be here waiting for the results 😂
Been done 3 times in my life, last one two years ago. I have 9 wives now, and they all have six strings. All of my gear has cost less than one of my ex's. Now I can focus on my real love. :)

Happy to help. Here is rig #1 (stationary):

Now that's what I'm talkin about! :D

Happy to help. Here is rig #1 (stationary):
Sweet mother.......
I'm not an expert on rack gear, but I see TWO Bricasti M7s. Twice as good as having just one.
Wow.

The rest of it is beautiful, as well. Just love the way this stuff looks. Kind of like a 7 year-old seeing the cockpit of the Space Shuttle. :openmouth:

Sweet mother.......
I'm not an expert on rack gear, but I see TWO Bricasti M7s. Twice as good as having just one.
Wow.

The rest of it is beautiful, as well. Just love the way this stuff looks. Kind of like a 7 year-old seeing the cockpit of the Space Shuttle. :openmouth:
Even the floorboards look nice in that setup
An analog 24-track even! Very nice!
Thanks guys! I'm very happy with how the studio turned out. You can see more pics here: https://kingshillsound.com/studio.

Now we just need to get past this virus so it can get some use!

They r completely different beasts ! :)

You are right about the Wizards and Marks being different beasts, and I now know from experience. I broke down and bought a Wizard Modern Classic MCI 100 watt to go alongside the IIC+ HX that I also got just a few weeks ago. I am in guitar tone nirvana now running these amps through load boxes into my Axe III and out through my CLRs in stereo.

I finally got a decent pic of my rig while celebrating my 2 NADs, which are better than just 1 NAD ya know.

20201013_115404.jpg20201013_120112.jpg

Nice setup! How do you like those Presonus studio monitors? Those look like the Eris E8XTs. I had a pair of E5s and while I really liked the sound, the hiss out of both of them when nothing was playing drove me crazy so I sold them.

I've heard many of the cheaper monitors have that problem. I tried different cables, different power supplies, etc. and nothing worked. Not sure if they fixed that with the new XT models.

Looking for a decent set for music playback, recording, mixing, etc. without getting into the Adam A7X price range.

Back
Top Bottom