Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Anyone using one of those SKB Studio Flyer cases? I have a 6u fly rack version at the moment but If I'm selling off my matrix stuff it makes sense to scale down to a 4u case with just the axe and my power conditioner. Plus my IO panel at the back. I like the idea of storing my laptop on top as well.

The laptop clips on top are clever. Looks like a sheet of velcro. I have to steal that idea and DIY something.

Wow, and that Wizard! Getting really into the MCII these days, but though for me to chase one given their prices over a IIC+ as I am a big Mark guy. I ling for the day to be in a room with both to really figure out which one is king of the hill for me.
They r completely different beasts ! :)

Hello everyone...just received my Axe-FX III last week (bought used) and then bought a new FC-6 Foot Controller and EV-2 pedal so I thought I'd post my rig. Couldn't be happier with the tones I'm getting! Have been through just about every tube amp (Mesa, Marshall, EVH, PRS, Laney, etc.) and every effects pedal (Helix, Boss, Headrush, etc.) and nothing comes close to the Axe-Fx III IMO.

Cliff and his team have done an amazing job and it just keeps getting better with every firmware update.

Here's a rundown of my gear:
• DIY 8U rack case I built using 3/4" Birch Plywood and Gator Rackrails (I don't gig so weight is not an issue)
• Furman PL-8C Power Conditioner
• Denon DN-F350 Media Player (Bluetooth and USB to play along with music)
• Matrix GT1000FX Power Amp
• Axe-FX III
• Mesa 2x12 Vertical Cab with V30's
• Temple Audio Trio 28 Pedalboard
• Fractal FC-6 Foot Controller
• (2) Mosky Dual Footswitches connected to FC-6 for Tuner, Layouts, and more
• BBE Sonic Stomp
• Beatbuddy Drum Pedal and Footswitch
• JHS Little Black Amp Box (to tame the volume on Beatbuddy)
• EHX 1440 Looper with MIDI Sync to Beatbuddy
• Fractal EV-2 for Volume, Whammy, etc.
• Mission EP-1 Spring Loaded Pedal for Wah
• Voodoo Lab 4x4 Power Supply
• Temple Audio LED Light Kit

Next items will be a good set of studio monitors and some Barefoot Buttons for the pedals.
Pic 1.jpgPic 2.jpg

These screenshots peeked my interest. I know very little about the Fractal Axe FX III, so very basic question. I presume the setup in the images means that the only place where sound is heard is through the wireless headphones? I'm thinking of buying one of these units and placing it under my monitor and the playing guitar through my speakers. Not sure what role the computer will play in this whole thing, but I'm guessing the Axe FX III is connected to the computer somehow as well?

This was my old desk setup. Yes, it was connected to the laptop via USB so I could muck around with presets in AxeEdit. The headphones are wired, I'd just plug em into the front whenever I needed. It was a super simple setup. I later moved to a Matrix power amp + Marshall cab setup and now that I'm overseas I just have the AxeFX straight into a desktop computer again.

That's one of the awesome things about it, the versatility.

Back
Top Bottom