Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Got a bit excited and took a stack of photos, here is my current setup:

X809Itg.jpg

And here is the Axe FX III snug in it's case:

3RxHPVD.jpg

There are some more images here if anyone is interested:

These screenshots peeked my interest. I know very little about the Fractal Axe FX III, so very basic question. I presume the setup in the images means that the only place where sound is heard is through the wireless headphones? I'm thinking of buying one of these units and placing it under my monitor and the playing guitar through my speakers. Not sure what role the computer will play in this whole thing, but I'm guessing the Axe FX III is connected to the computer somehow as well?

These screenshots peeked my interest. I know very little about the Fractal Axe FX III, so very basic question. I presume the setup in the images means that the only place where sound is heard is through the wireless headphones? I'm thinking of buying one of these units and placing it under my monitor and the playing guitar through my speakers. Not sure what role the computer will play in this whole thing, but I'm guessing the Axe FX III is connected to the computer somehow as well?

I’d suggest downloading the user manual and reading through a bit of it. It is well written and will provide you with the answers you seek.

There's a whole lot of I/O on the back of the Axe Fx III. It could be routed in various ways to various sources for listening and/or recording.

Also, as a note, wireless headphones aren't typically something you would use to listen while playing guitar as the latency added will make it very hard to play in time.

There's a whole lot of I/O on the back of the Axe Fx III. It could be routed in various ways to various sources for listening and/or recording.

Also, as a note, wireless headphones aren't typically something you would use to listen while playing guitar as the latency added will make it very hard to play in time.
Plus, I see a speaker hiding on the wall.

IMG-4370.jpg
Line 6 Relay GT10S -> Axe FX III -> Line 6 Power Cab
I run the Power Cab in FRFR in stereo.

I have 2 mission engineering pedals that are spring loaded that serve the same purpose on all my patches. The white one is for wah and the black one for a pitch shifter. I use the advanced shifter which is always on but with the mix at 0% in heel down and have it go to 100% when I press down. This eliminated the pop/gap that happens if you do this setup with it controlling the bypass state. Having the spring load makes it feel more like I'm using a real whammy bar with my foot since I can just take random stabs at the toe end and it springs back instantly.

The black pedal says Line 6 because its what I used with my Helix originally but I modified the wiring to work with the FC-12 since it was TS vs TRS.

The dumbbells help me increase my biceps and give me permission to use the Petrucci amps in the Axe.

Before this I was using a Line 6 Helix floor but needed other pedals to achieve certain sounds that I wasn't pleased with in the Helix. This rig has let me ditch my Whammy DT and Ricochet pedals.

View attachment 72661
Line 6 Relay GT10S -> Axe FX III -> Line 6 Power Cab
I run the Power Cab in FRFR in stereo.

I have 2 mission engineering pedals that are spring loaded that serve the same purpose on all my patches. The white one is for wah and the black one for a pitch shifter. I use the advanced shifter which is always on but with the mix at 0% in heel down and have it go to 100% when I press down. This eliminated the pop/gap that happens if you do this setup with it controlling the bypass state. Having the spring load makes it feel more like I'm using a real whammy bar with my foot since I can just take random stabs at the toe end and it springs back instantly.

The black pedal says Line 6 because its what I used with my Helix originally but I modified the wiring to work with the FC-12 since it was TS vs TRS.

The dumbbells help me increase my biceps and give me permission to use the Petrucci amps in the Axe.

Before this I was using a Line 6 Helix floor but needed other pedals to achieve certain sounds that I wasn't pleased with in the Helix. This rig has let me ditch my Whammy DT and Ricochet pedals.
Nice! How do you like the Power Cab? Been wanting something new/different from studio monitors.

Nice! How do you like the Power Cab? Been wanting something new/different from studio monitors.
I love it more so for the fact I have wanted an FRFR in a stereo 2x12 since I switched to modelling in the mid 2000s and it is exactly that. I have my Axe FX hooked USB to my computer as well and can pipe out music through the power cab with my guitar. It is definitely something that will be part of my rigs until it breaks. The built in speaker sims are pretty nice too but I have no need for them since I switched over from the Helix because I never have a CPU limit with the my signal chain in the Axe. Whatever I dial in on the powercab sounds just as good switched over to my studio monitors as well. Obviously a little bass tweaking since the powercab is shooting sound at my shins. It does have a built in tilt stand but I don't use that right now.

Only thing I was bummed about is for some reason the AES out from Axe III to powercab does not work. There are a few threads about it on here and was never resolved....probably something on the powercab's end since it works fine with a Helix. Other than the Axe FX, the powercab is one of my best gear purchasing decisions for myself that I've done in a while.

Reactions: mtb
Just got a Powercab myself used and loving it! I had also thought I would ultimately use it via AES out from the Axe-Fx - so your telling me I should not even bother? That's a real bummer if that's the case... anyone here managed to make it work? Maybe a rate issue (44.1 kHz vs 48 kHz)?

Just got a Powercab myself used and loving it! I had also thought I would ultimately use it via AES out from the Axe-Fx - so your telling me I should not even bother? That's a real bummer if that's the case... anyone here managed to make it work? Maybe a rate issue (44.1 kHz vs 48 kHz)?
In my research, it works with the Axe FX II but I have not found any reason why it is not working with the III. I don't know if it has something to do with the Line 6 Link protocol they use and the powercab is thinking that's what the Axe is using instead of just a normal AES signal. When I asked about this at Line 6 they just blame the Axe FX....so helpful. I'm just running it with quarter inch cables as of right now.

In my research, it works with the Axe FX II but I have not found any reason why it is not working with the III. I don't know if it has something to do with the Line 6 Link protocol they use and the powercab is thinking that's what the Axe is using instead of just a normal AES signal. When I asked about this at Line 6 they just blame the Axe FX....so helpful. I'm just running it with quarter inch cables as of right now.

Don't want to hijack thread - there are others on this PC+/AxeIII AES issue. I have the same problem, AES doesn't work from the III to the Powercab.

Otherwise it's a nice speaker system. Sounds great, easy to move and transport. Looks pretty solid too.
I have to say I am pleased, though if I had to do it over, I'd go for 2 of the 112's. Then I could get a real stereo spread.

Sweetwater even has a bundle for two 112s notably cheaper than the 212+. Hindsight 20/20.....

Don't want to hijack thread - there are others on this PC+/AxeIII AES issue. I have the same problem, AES doesn't work from the III to the Powercab.

Otherwise it's a nice speaker system. Sounds great, easy to move and transport. Looks pretty solid too.
I have to say I am pleased, though if I had to do it over, I'd go for 2 of the 112's. Then I could get a real stereo spread.

Sweetwater even has a bundle for two 112s notably cheaper than the 212+. Hindsight 20/20.....
Save up for a second 2x12 and jumper them to use both speakers in one cab for left and both speakers in the other cab for right.... ;)

MOAR POWAAAAAHHHHH!!!! That'll fix the drummer! :D

I've had 2 of the 112s in the past. When I had the 212PC+, it sounded far better then having the 2 of those spread out. I found the 1x12 did not sound as good. You made a great choice. It is a solid setup!

Save up for a second 2x12 and jumper them to use both speakers in one cab for left and both speakers in the other cab for right.... ;)

MOAR POWAAAAAHHHHH!!!! That'll fix the drummer! :D

Believe me, I would love to. Maybe early next year that can actually happen. :moneywings: :)

I've had 2 of the 112s in the past. When I had the 212PC+, it sounded far better then having the 2 of those spread out. I found the 1x12 did not sound as good. You made a great choice. It is a solid setup!

That is good to hear.

I finally got a rack box (or whatever those are called). And here's my setup. I mostly play guitar but I do a lot of Zoom meets these days, and some podcasting. I run an SM7b, SM57 into the PreSonus192 and the SM7b into the ART Vocal Channel. Then the ART and AxeFX II into the PreSonus 192. I used to have different mic inputs, but now that I have one interface for all my audio, I can't see myself ever going back.

A bit of trivia: I bought the Peterson StrobRack (and the extender) from the Peterson website only hours before they no longer sold them when they discontinued it. I might have got the last one.

Code:
APC Power Regulator
ISP Decimator ProRackG
Stroborack (stock unit)
PreSonus 192
ART Voice Channel
Two-Notes Torpedo Studio
AxeFX III

My Rack.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom