Logic X
Logic remote
Final cut
Mac OS Mohave
Waves plug-ins
Yamaha HS8’s
Akai MpkII
Roland AC-90

In the process of importing/salvaging/ mastering decades of Dat & cassette tapes.
I used to let the cassette recorder run at almost every single band practice. Just the 30 year old conversations during practice are like gold to me and former band mates. Cleaning up old masters too, then I can ditch my dat and cassette recorder, in place of UA Audio hardware.

Attachments

• D97A24BB-BBC1-4BB3-9518-7C75A84D7D78.jpeg
    D97A24BB-BBC1-4BB3-9518-7C75A84D7D78.jpeg
    769.9 KB · Views: 175
DAW setup.

Logic X
Logic remote
Final cut
Mac OS Mohave
Waves plug-ins
Yamaha HS8’s
Akai MpkII
Roland AC-90

In the process of importing/salvaging/ mastering decades of Dat & cassette tapes.
I used to let the cassette recorder run at almost every single band practice. Just the 30 year old conversations during practice are like gold to me and former band mates. Cleaning up old masters too, then I can ditch my dat and cassette recorder, in place of UA Audio hardware.
What is this "Logic remote" of which you speak? I have Logic Pro X and a Mojave Mac with KRK Rokit 8s, so the core elements of you setup and mine are pretty similar....

What is this "Logic remote" of which you speak? I have Logic Pro X and a Mojave Mac with KRK Rokit 8s, so the core elements of you setup and mine are pretty similar....
Logic remote for iPad, but I usually just use the keyboard “Logic” linked transport controls

I used to let the cassette recorder run at almost every single band practice. Just the 30 year old conversations during practice are like gold to me and former band mates.
Hah, good on you that you kept that stuff, my dinosaur tracks are long gone mostly.

OTOH, a few years ago, one of the bands I was in in high school had a 40-something-th reunion! People came from all over, up to one of the guys gorgeous farm in Vermont for a few days.

We set up in this huge barn, guitar bass drums 3 horns singer. It was a blast! I hadn't played with anyone in decades (ex pro musician and sound guy), brought my pretty new to me Helix, big fun.

Had lots of catching up to do too...

Help, I'm old! Us antiques can still dig a III though ;)

Last edited:
This is my portable Axe-Fx III rig. I keep the Axe angled up in front of me if the gig allows for it. Easy access to everything. An FC-6 (or FC-12, depending) plus an EV-1 expression pedal complete the rig. As always, a 12'-long guitar cable lies coiled under the Axe in case my wireless fails.

20200108_181407.jpg

Hah, good on you that you kept that stuff, my dinosaur tracks are long gone mostly.

OTOH, a few years ago, one of the bands I was in in high school had a 40-something-th reunion! People came from all over, up to one of the guys gorgeous farm in Vermont for a few days.

We set up in this huge barn, guitar bass drums 3 horns singer. It was a blast! I hadn't played with anyone in decades (ex pro musician and sound guy), brought my pretty new to me Helix, big fun.

Had lots of catching up to do too...

Help, I'm old! Us antiques can still dig a III though ;)
My high school band has been doing reunions since 2004. The bass player and I started playing in 1969, the drummer joined us in ‘72. My high school class is having its 45th reunion next year, and they want our band again (we did the 40th too). Can’t wait to unleash the AXE-FX III on my band mates :yum: We’ve got a couple recordings from back in the ‘70s, we got a lot better!

Last edited:
Either a floor monitor in front or the CLR as backline but never without stage amplification. No IEM and so for my fellow musicians. IEM IMHO is for big stages with no audience close to the stage. For small venues IEM are more hype than necessary except if you run your act at 120dBA+ and cannot hear your fellow musicians without IEM.

Pardon me, I'm new to this section of the Forum. I currently am on the waitlist for the FM3. I'm currently using a AX8, EV1,and a RCF NX-12 SMA. I bought a FC6 in preparation for the FM3. I'm rethinking my gig rig and wondering a couple of things.

1. Anyone gigging the III with just the FC6?

2. Anyone using a rolling rack with the III, maybe a power conditioner, and a FRFR monitor underneath? It would be nice to roll into the gig, take the front/back of the rack, and run a cord out to my FC6 and play?

Anyone close to doing these things? Or should I wait for the FM3?

Last edited:
My III is in an SKB 1SKB-R6UW Rolling Roto Rack Case, with a Furman conditioner and an amp. It sits on top of a 2 x 12 cab. For me it is very convenient, with room in the back for cables, etc., and easy to set up.
I had a regular rack case and shaved off 12 pounds switching to the SKB. Even with the heavy tube amp, it is easy to pick up and set on top of the cab. And this new style rack has the wheels in the back lid. so removing the lid removes the wheels. see pics below.

Attachments

• 20190123_221220.jpg
    20190123_221220.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 223
  • shopping.png
    shopping.png
    556.1 KB · Views: 201
  • shopping (1).png
    shopping (1).png
    306.8 KB · Views: 139
:hearteyes: this rig, just dropped a Dreamcatcher/Rainmaker set in my one Waring CU24 and they are just stellar. and I've been revamping all of my presets grid wise.

DSC01081.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-01-06-at-6-46-17-PM.png

Please forgive my ignorance as I'm not up to date on a lot of gear. The Waring looks good. Is it a thru or bolt-on neck? My axe is an old 20th anniversary and has Evolutions. I'm curious about the Dreamcatcher/Rainmaker combo.

Please forgive my ignorance as I'm not up to date on a lot of gear. The Waring looks good. Is it a thru or bolt-on neck? My axe is an old 20th anniversary and has Evolutions. I'm curious about the Dreamcatcher/Rainmaker combo.

The Waring was from the original run in 2015 it’s a Set neck, The newer runs of them have been the ce so those are bolt on. I’m really diggin the pickups, they have a nice clarity to them.

Back
Top Bottom