• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Tommy Tempest

Power User
My III is in an SKB 1SKB-R6UW Rolling Roto Rack Case, with a Furman conditioner and an amp. It sits on top of a 2 x 12 cab. For me it is very convenient, with room in the back for cables, etc., and easy to set up.
I had a regular rack case and shaved off 12 pounds switching to the SKB. Even with the heavy tube amp, it is easy to pick up and set on top of the cab. And this new style rack has the wheels in the back lid. so removing the lid removes the wheels. see pics below.

Attachments

Bob Koehler

Please forgive my ignorance as I'm not up to date on a lot of gear. The Waring looks good. Is it a thru or bolt-on neck? My axe is an old 20th anniversary and has Evolutions. I'm curious about the Dreamcatcher/Rainmaker combo.

Rich5150

Inspired
Please forgive my ignorance as I'm not up to date on a lot of gear. The Waring looks good. Is it a thru or bolt-on neck? My axe is an old 20th anniversary and has Evolutions. I'm curious about the Dreamcatcher/Rainmaker combo.
The Waring was from the original run in 2015 it’s a Set neck, The newer runs of them have been the ce so those are bolt on. I’m really diggin the pickups, they have a nice clarity to them.

Don Watters

I remodeled the basement this summer. Here's the end result. Different angles in the pics. Of all of this gear, I'm pretty sure that the Axe FX III gets the most love. The Eventide H9000R right above the Axe FX III is also a favorite. Integra-7 and Mio 10 on the side of the desk get a fair amount of work too.

The "Fractal Gear" view:

IMG_2003.jpg

Back side of the studio. The isolation booth on the right is a Studio Bricks VO Edition. The drum kit is a TD-50, frankenstein, built from TD-20 and TD-50 pieces.

IMG_2010.jpg

Straight on desk view. New addition in this view is an Electra One on the right side of the keyboard.

IMG_2041.jpg

ak301

Experienced
I remodeled the basement this summer. Here's the end result. Different angles in the pics. Of all of this gear, I'm pretty sure that the Axe FX III gets the most love. The Eventide H9000R right above the Axe FX III is also a favorite. Integra-7 and Mio 10 on the side of the desk get a fair amount of work too.

The "Fractal Gear" view:

View attachment 62182

Back side of the studio. The isolation booth on the right is a Studio Bricks VO Edition. The drum kit is a TD-50, frankenstein, built from TD-20 and TD-50 pieces.

View attachment 62183

Straight on desk view. New addition in this view is an Electra One on the right side of the keyboard.

View attachment 62184
Now that's a music room!

jrjones

Inspired
Just rebuilt my rack in a 6 space. Has two wireless IEM units and the drawer has my GLXD receiver and a couple power supply transformers in it. Have a patch bay from redco and will be getting a second one. Have a FC12 and volumeX on the floor.

yeky83

Power User

The "Fractal Gear" view:

View attachment 62182

View attachment 62183

View attachment 62184
The Electra One looks great! Can it work with the Axe-Fx III to control and display parameter values? What do you use it for?

Did you get in on an early run? How much was it?

Don Watters

The Electra One looks great! Can it work with the Axe-Fx III to control and display parameter values? What do you use it for?

Did you get in on an early run? How much was it?
I worked with the developer to get the Fractal Sysex Checksum added to the library, so that it can make or receive any Axe FX calls. So, yes, it can basically work like the Performance Page or whatever you want to control specifically, as long as it responds to MIDI. For somethings, it's incredibly easy, because the Axe FX III has assignable MIDI values. For other things, like Preset lists or Scene lists, the SysEx returned is a little more complex, but still workable. The dev that created the Electra is still working on features in the software, so I imagine it will get better, over time. It's still early days.

I was part of the KickStarter, so yes, I got an early version. It cost €379.00 when I purchased it. I don't know what the rate will be once it goes back into production in April. I use it to control my Eventide H9000R (the one without any buttons on the front), and my Integra-7, and a few things in my TD-50, so it's a great multi-purpose tool for my needs. Kind of expensive, given there are other control surfaces that can do similar things, but I don't know of any with a touchscreen with these features. For the most part, it can do pretty much do everything you can do with the front panel of the Axe FX III. I can go to a specific scene, for instance, using the touch interface, which you can't really do on the front panel of the Axe FX III. You have to scroll through the scenes. Of course, the FC does this and so does Axe Edit, but it might be something that people that don't have an FC or a computer on stage would want to be able to use. It's just another control option for me. I like being able to grab knobs to fiddle with Amp controls.

I plan on doing a video on it at some point. Probably after it actually goes on sale.

Pombero

Inspired

The "Fractal Gear" view:

View attachment 62182

View attachment 62183

View attachment 62184
Oh my, love this! I have been wanting an H9000 for awhile also.

Top Bottom