Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

I remodeled the basement this summer. Here's the end result. Different angles in the pics. Of all of this gear, I'm pretty sure that the Axe FX III gets the most love. The Eventide H9000R right above the Axe FX III is also a favorite. Integra-7 and Mio 10 on the side of the desk get a fair amount of work too.

The "Fractal Gear" view:

IMG_2003.jpg

Back side of the studio. The isolation booth on the right is a Studio Bricks VO Edition. The drum kit is a TD-50, frankenstein, built from TD-20 and TD-50 pieces.

IMG_2010.jpg

Straight on desk view. New addition in this view is an Electra One on the right side of the keyboard.

IMG_2041.jpg

I remodeled the basement this summer. Here's the end result. Different angles in the pics. Of all of this gear, I'm pretty sure that the Axe FX III gets the most love. The Eventide H9000R right above the Axe FX III is also a favorite. Integra-7 and Mio 10 on the side of the desk get a fair amount of work too.

The "Fractal Gear" view:

View attachment 62182

Back side of the studio. The isolation booth on the right is a Studio Bricks VO Edition. The drum kit is a TD-50, frankenstein, built from TD-20 and TD-50 pieces.

View attachment 62183

Straight on desk view. New addition in this view is an Electra One on the right side of the keyboard.

View attachment 62184

Now that's a music room!

Just rebuilt my rack in a 6 space. Has two wireless IEM units and the drawer has my GLXD receiver and a couple power supply transformers in it. Have a patch bay from redco and will be getting a second one. Have a FC12 and volumeX on the floor.

The "Fractal Gear" view:

View attachment 62182

View attachment 62183

View attachment 62184
The Electra One looks great! Can it work with the Axe-Fx III to control and display parameter values? What do you use it for?

Did you get in on an early run? How much was it?

The Electra One looks great! Can it work with the Axe-Fx III to control and display parameter values? What do you use it for?

Did you get in on an early run? How much was it?

I worked with the developer to get the Fractal Sysex Checksum added to the library, so that it can make or receive any Axe FX calls. So, yes, it can basically work like the Performance Page or whatever you want to control specifically, as long as it responds to MIDI. For somethings, it's incredibly easy, because the Axe FX III has assignable MIDI values. For other things, like Preset lists or Scene lists, the SysEx returned is a little more complex, but still workable. The dev that created the Electra is still working on features in the software, so I imagine it will get better, over time. It's still early days.

I was part of the KickStarter, so yes, I got an early version. It cost €379.00 when I purchased it. I don't know what the rate will be once it goes back into production in April. I use it to control my Eventide H9000R (the one without any buttons on the front), and my Integra-7, and a few things in my TD-50, so it's a great multi-purpose tool for my needs. Kind of expensive, given there are other control surfaces that can do similar things, but I don't know of any with a touchscreen with these features. For the most part, it can do pretty much do everything you can do with the front panel of the Axe FX III. I can go to a specific scene, for instance, using the touch interface, which you can't really do on the front panel of the Axe FX III. You have to scroll through the scenes. Of course, the FC does this and so does Axe Edit, but it might be something that people that don't have an FC or a computer on stage would want to be able to use. It's just another control option for me. I like being able to grab knobs to fiddle with Amp controls.

I plan on doing a video on it at some point. Probably after it actually goes on sale.

The "Fractal Gear" view:

View attachment 62182

View attachment 62183

View attachment 62184
Oh my, love this! I have been wanting an H9000 for awhile also.

Fryette Power Station arrived, rig now downsized a bit (From EVH 5150 III head and 4x12). It did not take too long of playing around to getting a nice amp in the room sound and feel that I like.

It is also standing up to the 'cat test' which means it is not tipping or wobbling when one of my cats jump up on it.
1f603.png
:D

I moved the power conditioner and Axe FX III in to a head style case which gives it a bit nicer look to it and also sits on top of the 2x12 better than my other case did. I was considering getting a 5 or 6U case to rack them together, but the PS-2 runs warm enough I will just leave it on top, especially since I am not currently gigging and needing to move it around.

Currently I have the 2x12 loaded with Greenbacks, but I may have to experiment sometime and put the original V30s back in.

2CB7F0AB-A785-4375-B42D-C0896A1C41FE_1_201_a.jpeg

This is my portable Axe-Fx III rig. I keep the Axe angled up in front of me if the gig allows for it. Easy access to everything. An FC-6 (or FC-12, depending) plus an EV-1 expression pedal complete the rig. As always, a 12'-long guitar cable lies coiled under the Axe in case my wireless fails.

View attachment 61984

Clean set up. Looks like a fly rig. This is definately a church. The fake plant is a give away. Something about the carpet too.

Back
Top Bottom