Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

I realized I left out my rack in the last post. This is a work in progress.

View attachment 62868View attachment 62867
A fellow SpaceStation user!
20200107_131308.jpg

It's always a work in progress, but here's the current iteration.

Magnetic pickups > input 1
Vocals > input 2 (L)
Piezo pickup > input 3 (L)
"Octave down" pickup > input 3 (R)
Band mix > input 4 (stereo)
Synth pickup (Fishman Tripleplay) > laptop > USB input

Output 1 (stereo): guitar mix
Output 2 (L): processed vocal
Output 3 (stereo): IEM

Right now the back looks like it was attacked by spaghetti! I'm working on a patch panel design that includes a multipin connector for the guitar. I'll post some post-op photos later :)
IMG_0724.jpg

It's always a work in progress, but here's the current iteration.

Magnetic pickups > input 1
Vocals > input 2 (L)
Piezo pickup > input 3 (L)
"Octave down" pickup > input 3 (R)
Band mix > input 4 (stereo)
Synth pickup (Fishman Tripleplay) > laptop > USB input

Output 1 (stereo): guitar mix
Output 2 (L): processed vocal
Output 3 (stereo): IEM

Right now the back looks like it was attacked by spaghetti! I'm working on a patch panel design that includes a multipin connector for the guitar. I'll post some post-op photos later :)
View attachment 63471
What is the preamp?

What's the octave down pickup, the idea of it I mean?
It’s an “A Little Thunder” pickup. It gives you an octave-down output for your lowest 2 or 3 strings (selectable). It also has “low note priority” mode, which only outputs the lowest note of the chord you play out the “bass output”. Great asset for my guitar/drums duo.

I'd love to see some of your presets! Huge RUSH fan myself
I do preset per song for this group and I feel like they are a mess! With new FW so often and adding new tunes, I often consider starting over on all of them so I'm not sure what use they might be to anyone.
Any band videos?
Will post or link when I can- I'm sure there are but I didn't record.
Taurus pedals? been an awful long time since I've seen any. Whats the controller on your rack? looks like a midi controller of some type
Love to have Taurus but my pedal is simply Korg midi pedal to play notes with foot. The box on top of rack is a 1010 Music BlackBox that I have sampled all keyboard sounds I need into which are triggered by the Korg. Love the BlackBox as I can play notes or trigger samples or random guitar things that are overdubs on the record.

Video came in!

Last edited:
I do preset per song for this group and I feel like they are a mess! With new FW so often and adding new tunes, I often consider starting over on all of them so I'm not sure what use they might be to anyone.

Will post or link when I can- I'm sure there are but I didn't record.

Love to have Taurus but my pedal is simply Korg midi pedal to play notes with foot. The box on top of rack is a 1010 Music BlackBox that I have sampled all keyboard sounds I need into which are triggered by the Korg. Love the BlackBox as I can play notes or trigger samples or random guitar things that are overdubs on the record.
Thanks for the detailed answers. I know what you mean with firmware changes. It could be one knob completely reversed, and over time, like you said, it’s a mess. Wish there was a way to snapshot settings, to correct later

Back
Top Bottom