AFIII Presets Pink Floyd presets pack - Fremen

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
@fremen I am enjoying your Pink Floyd presets that I purchased - I utilize the acoustic ones in my tribute band and they are excellent. I am currently using an Alex Lifeson LP Axcess with piezo for the acoustic presets and the parallel pickup "coil tapped" for the electric which sound great.

My main question is your opinion on the Line 6 JTV 89F. Is this guitar any good for electric tones and alternate tunings? I watched your youtube video where you played that guitar and noticed it's in your collection. I am most curious if that Line 6 is worth it or am I better off using the LP I have with piezo and/or the DG EMG strat that I currently have. So basically do you give up a lot of tone with the Line 6 Variax on electric presets? Is there any latency? Just any sage advice on this topic would be appreciated and thank you for the resources as well as the presets I purchased! I really wonder if the JTV 89F is a practical choice to save time and carrying gear or not.

@fremen I am enjoying your Pink Floyd presets that I purchased - I utilize the acoustic ones in my tribute band and they are excellent. I am currently using an Alex Lifeson LP Axcess with piezo for the acoustic presets and the parallel pickup "coil tapped" for the electric which sound great.

My main question is your opinion on the Line 6 JTV 89F. Is this guitar any good for electric tones and alternate tunings? I watched your youtube video where you played that guitar and noticed it's in your collection. I am most curious if that Line 6 is worth it or am I better off using the LP I have with piezo and/or the DG EMG strat that I currently have. So basically do you give up a lot of tone with the Line 6 Variax on electric presets? Is there any latency? Just any sage advice on this topic would be appreciated and thank you for the resources as well as the presets I purchased! I really wonder if the JTV 89F is a practical choice to save time and carrying gear or not.
Hello ! I don't have the F version, but fixed bridge. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the acoustic simulation on the Variax. Like other users, I liked the older version (pre-HD) better (same for the Strat sounds, and specially the "quack" position). Does it sound like an acoustic ? Somehow ; for me it sounds like a badly recorded one.
Regarding the electric tones, I used the Variax mainly for Alter Bridge covers, when I needed those bizarre open tunings that Tremonti uses. It does work ; not as good as a guitar tuned like Tremonti's but it do the job. There's a latency but minimal. If it's only for downtuning, I prefer by far using the Axe virtual capo than using the Variax custom tunings.
It's a very practical instrument, but not one I love. Having access to a large collection of sounds is a big plus but I barely play it today. I'll bring it to a show if I need a drop tuned guitar (as it has a fixed bridge, most of my other guitars have a floyd rose or vintage tremolo bridge). It works better than my Epiphone Les Paul, as it's more modern sounding. Btw, I have Dimarzio pickups on it, not the stock Tyler pickups. I also wish the 5 positions selector gave access to the "in between" sounds typical of a Strat, and not only coil splits. It's very complicated to wire it differently, the guy who does all my guitars pickup swapping/rewiring don't want to take the risk (the selector is very different, it also selects between the models).

Hope that helps !

Presets pack update : firmware 12.05 version of the Pink Floyd pack is now available on my website. Free update for current users of course :)

Great news! Many thanks!!! I look forward to updating my favorite "Rock & Metal Pack"!
Thanks again and get well soon.
With great pleasure I reviewed my favorite epic solo «Comfortably Numb» in your excellent performance!

@fremen thank you for your diligent work. I have tonight consolidated your recent updates to 12.05. My records show that RockMetalPack, CleanAmbientSFX, and Femen's Picks remain to be updated. Any idea as to the schedule for updating these. I just want to note my calendar, as I have to download and expand to check firmware version each time. Thank You

BTW...it appears that you and Austin Buddy coordinate very closely on establishing user cab locations, as I have been consolidating AB's 1400+ Naked Amps, BritRoyalty TP1 with most all of your preset/cab packages...I noted the following cab location conflicts...I resolved my conflicts to my liking, but as there are so many cabs, I thought I would share my findings:

Conflict with Freemen RockMetalPack and Naked Amps
U1-0044 - Palmer 2x12 EVH 01.syx

Conflict with Fremen CleanAmbSFX and Naked Amps
U1-0001_TDR Vox mix.syx

Conflict with Fremen Picks and Naked Amps
U1-0045_TDR Fusion 1.syx
U1-0046_TDR Fusion 2.syx

Conflict with Fremen Amps and Naked Amps (but appears to be in filename only, not functionality)
U1-0004 - Fender cln Fremen.syx
U1-0008 - TDR Fender 2.syx
U1-0013 - TDR Marshall 1.syx
U1-0014 - TDR Marshall 2.syx
U1-0016 - Mesa Recto vintage.syx
U1-0026 - Palmer 2x12 EVH 02.syx
U1-0030 - Mesa Recto rhythm 4.syx
U1-0031 - Mesa Recto rhythm 2.syx
U1-0032 - Mesa Recto Fremen.syx
U1-0033 - Mesa Recto rhythm 5.syx
U1-0034 - Mesa Lead 1.syx
U1-0035 - Mesa Lead 2.syx
U1-0036 - Mesa Lead 3.syx
U1-0039 - Fremen Mesa Lead 6.syx
U1-0062 - Palmer 2x12 EVH 03.syx
U1-0086 - Dirty Shirley special.syx
U1-0151 - TDR Palmer 212 01.syx

@fremen thank you for your diligent work. I have tonight consolidated your recent updates to 12.05. My records show that RockMetalPack, CleanAmbientSFX, and Femen's Picks remain to be updated. Any idea as to the schedule for updating these. I just want to note my calendar, as I have to download and expand to check firmware version each time. Thank You

BTW...it appears that you and Austin Buddy coordinate very closely on establishing user cab locations, as I have been consolidating AB's 1400+ Naked Amps, BritRoyalty TP1 with most all of your preset/cab packages...I noted the following cab location conflicts...I resolved my conflicts to my liking, but as there are so many cabs, I thought I would share my findings:

Conflict with Freemen RockMetalPack and Naked Amps
U1-0044 - Palmer 2x12 EVH 01.syx

Conflict with Fremen CleanAmbSFX and Naked Amps
U1-0001_TDR Vox mix.syx

Conflict with Fremen Picks and Naked Amps
U1-0045_TDR Fusion 1.syx
U1-0046_TDR Fusion 2.syx

Conflict with Fremen Amps and Naked Amps (but appears to be in filename only, not functionality)
U1-0004 - Fender cln Fremen.syx
U1-0008 - TDR Fender 2.syx
U1-0013 - TDR Marshall 1.syx
U1-0014 - TDR Marshall 2.syx
U1-0016 - Mesa Recto vintage.syx
U1-0026 - Palmer 2x12 EVH 02.syx
U1-0030 - Mesa Recto rhythm 4.syx
U1-0031 - Mesa Recto rhythm 2.syx
U1-0032 - Mesa Recto Fremen.syx
U1-0033 - Mesa Recto rhythm 5.syx
U1-0034 - Mesa Lead 1.syx
U1-0035 - Mesa Lead 2.syx
U1-0036 - Mesa Lead 3.syx
U1-0039 - Fremen Mesa Lead 6.syx
U1-0062 - Palmer 2x12 EVH 03.syx
U1-0086 - Dirty Shirley special.syx
U1-0151 - TDR Palmer 212 01.syx

Thank you for the information.

The lost Axe-Edit feature of Saving Preset+CAB Bundle would help to solve these issues

When will the lost feature of Saving Preset+CAB Bundle be back? :rolleyes:

Yes, when I sent Austin Buddy my preset, I had my user cabs stored in other locations. I didn't coordinate with him about that. Another friend, @Moke, had the good idea of trying to coordinate with other presets makers so we wouldn't use the same cab locations. However, I couldn't do that for one simple reason : my user cabs locations are the same in the AX8, Axe-Fx II and Axe-Fx III. Makes things much simpler for me - specially that I have LOTS of cabs and LOTS of presets. I wish the Axe-Fx III had 6 banks like the Axe-Fx II XL, btw :) I'm around 700 presets released now, and I have at least three other packs scheduled, some of which are more than halfway done. I put them on hold to do the updates.

I can't really say for the three remaining packs, as I'm still sick, as said in another thread. I've been sick for 5 weeks now and on some days I'm to weak to work. But my goal is to have the three packs updated before the end of the month

As I am new to all the Fx III goings on and who's who etc., I was not aware of your illness.

I am so sorry to hear of this, wish you a speedy recovery, and sincerely hope that it is not serious or related to COVID-19. Five weeks is a long time.

I offer my time to you if it helps with meeting your production and release objectives and lessen your burden in the interim. I can't offer anything with respect to developing or testing Fx III tones, as I am a newbie to the Fractal world and have a tin ear, but I can offer my time to write camera-ready documents, develop excel database and user applications, filename syntax checking and changes, file organization and packaging, and deliverable quality control...you know all the stuff that most people hate to do but I am apparently good at doing :)

Anyway, I'll keep checking and keep and eye out for new release announcements...

All My Best

Not on facebook or social media...I saw the pic though...yeah, that sux...sorry...just keep doing what the doctors tell you to do...I know that rest and hydration are very important, from personal experience...I empathize because of my age and COPD...I am susceptible to URI's and get pneumonia at the drop of a hat...and COVID-19 has my wife on the edge as I am in the high-risk group of susceptibility...I know you must be lethargic, so listen when your body tells you to rest, and drink water before you are thirsty...these two simple things really do help.

Hi,
im Adriano from Rome - Italy
first of all CONGRATULATION!!
i wanted to know if i load these patches on FM3 i will not lose anything and if in the future its also planned for FM3.
THANK YOU.
Adriano

Hi,
im Adriano from Rome - Italy
first of all CONGRATULATION!!
i wanted to know if i load these patches on FM3 i will not lose anything and if in the future its also planned for FM3.
THANK YOU.
Adriano
Thanks !
They won't work in the FM3, much too cpu hungry. And they use dual amps and blocks that the FM3 doesn't have. I'll make FM3 versions when I'll receive one

Hi Fred,
thanks for the advice but my english is not so good and I have not explained myself well.
I wanted to say if I buy the Pink Floyd patches created for axe fxIII and put them in my Fm3 I lose many effects and therefore I would not have the same result.
Then I will wait for the release of the patches for FM3.
Thanks again for your useful intervention!
Adriano

Back
Top Bottom