OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

ok... correct me if I'm wrong... jumpstarter guys get the whole library minus the Live And Loud and Studio Pro. that kind of makes sense eventhough I'm not too happy about it. would make more sense to call the Standard library Standard, like what us jumpstarter guys now get and the other one Pro.

however, when I invested in the jumpstarter thing, I paid 100 dollars without really knowing what would come out of it. many changes along Kevin's side (and sound-wise I don't even know if I'm gonna like them) and roughly 5 months later the first library, but only part of the library, because suddenly parts of the new library are part of something new which was never mentioned before. yes, I do understand all this...the work, the time, the whole lot. do I like it ? no, not really. currently my impression is that I invested money in something where now I only get a part of it unless I pay more money for again something I haven't heard yet...

Maybe its just perspective?

The jump starters still get a savings over the first time buyers.

If the jump start had been 106$ USD, and then the rest gratis, would it be different?

To me, its worth the 6$, but that's just me.

Last edited:

If the jump start had been 106$ USD, and then the rest gratis, would you be upset?

No i would have understood that, but it is totally uncertain what you get with your existing purchase i think (might just be me)

AND

I got the idea it was $6 per cab not for the 10 slots?

If the jump start had been 106$ USD, and then the rest gratis, would you be upset?

not upset t all. in fact, I only remembered recently that I had put money forward to all this. would I pay 6 dollars more now ? no... haven't really heard anything from that new library that would make me do it. in fact, I have heard/tested nothing so far. so, fwiw, with all the changes that were done and all the tweaks here and there, IRs tweaked for overdriven sounds and so on, I'm not even sure if I have use for any of them and just wasted the jumpstarter money. upset ? no. just not very thrilled about the whole thing...

Nose to the grindstone on completing the compiles of the Auxiliary folder files, which will be on the site soon for everybody. If anyone has questions once the library is listed as complete, email me through the contact page, as I will no longer be responding to them via this forum/thread:

OwnHammer Contact Page

I will work through the email queue as I have the time, so please be patient in receiving a response.

Thanks and have a good one guys!

I think it's a name thing, because there is only a standard pack to buy now, you get the impression this is the standard/normal pack. Then people feel disappointed that they get less than that(standard/normal)...
Maybe it would have been better to name wav/syx package standard, and the pack including Live'n'Loud and that stuff something like "extrasupermegamagnificentpack"? Just to point out that these packs contain something special that took a lot more effort and is not part of the normal deal?
People would maybe have accepted the normal pack as a umpstart deal and paid a few $ for the extrasupermega whatever...

Look at it this way if you did the Jumpstart thing. With the wait before any more new packages come out, you can spend $6 on the Bogner 12-M upgrade and spend some time with it. If you don't think it's worth it, don't shell out the six bucks on the other ones as they become available.

I'll gamble $6.

After talking in email with Kevin, With his permission i have added this, for some clarity on the issue.

" Nothing has changed for the Jumpstarter buyers in that nothing functionally substantial has been taken away, and actually quite a few things have been improved, and even added that were never a part of the original lineup (the i5, the R92, the 2011C, the extensively fine tuned Auxiliary options), but nobody seems to give any credit there whatsoever. Since the Jumpstarter I have taken the initiative to condense all new libraries moving forward to include all of the previously subdivided file formats (.syx, .wav, .n2p/.n2v, .kipr) because I felt it would LESSEN further confusion, and in time it will. What has been ADDED that is not included in the Jumpstarter WAV packages are merely two new subsets of files - "Live n Loud" (16 IR's) and "Studio Pro" (80 IR's) - as well as providing it all in Nebula format. These additions take great amounts of time and effort, and as such, the new "Live n Loud" and "Studio Pro" subsets incur a miniscule additional charge if they are desired. "

Also the cost of $6 is per cab, not per 10 cab's (jumpstarter)

I hope this helps people as it cleared a lot of stuff up for me!

Allen

I'm not surprised that people complained about the 6 bucks. Kevin keep doing your thing, a lot of people appreciate the work you've done. Last I checked we paid the for the jumpstarter to get more mic's added and a couple other pieces of gear. We are all going to get what we paid for eventually. The studio pro is obviously something that was added half way through. I never expected to get that for free. Live N Loud ? Maybe I'm crazy or an asshole but to complain about paying an extra 6 bucks is petty. Skip your Big Mac meal today and buy the extra $#%& you never should have expected to get for free. *Gets off soap box* .....

I think it's more confusion than $6.00 (or $60.00). This thread is too long and convoluted to be able to make sense out of it unless every post has been read. And there's too much assumed is known already by the reader.
Let's have a re-boot and start afresh wish clear, concise, simple statement of what we have bought and what's to be delivered, what is yet to come and at what cost, etc. There's no stable data in this anymore so that's why the "upset".
The names don't mean anything to me anymore either. Hell, I don't even know what cabs are coming with what speakers :? and what use they are best recommended for.

So if the whole thing could be clearly summarized, that would be absolutely fantastic.

Kevin set me straight. I understand now and all is good. Looking forward to the rest of the cabs.

All I care about is that I already have $100 put towards a company for a product(s) I haven't received yet. I'd like to be able to use that $100 exactly how I want. I don't need 10 cabs. That's fine. If the money can be used towards the FULL version of the few cabs I am interested in then great. I guess I'm looking at it like a $100 gift card I haven't used yet with the company, not just a very specific product. If that's not how it works, fine. I can understand needing/wanting to make more money as a business. But no more adventurous fundraiser type dealings for this cat though.

All I care about is that I already have $100 put towards a company for a product(s) I haven't received yet...I guess I'm looking at it like a $100 gift card I haven't used yet with the company, not just a very specific product.
It's not a gift card, though. The jumpstart deal was for a specific group of products to be delivered at a future date.

I agree, though that a made-from-scratch "Here's the deal" thread might help clarify the multiple things that are going on.

It's not a gift card, though. The jumpstart deal was for a specific group of products to be delivered at a future date.

I agree, though that a made-from-scratch "Here's the deal" thread might help clarify the multiple things that are going on.

I just didn't think it was going to be THAT specific. To be blunt, I just don't want to feel like I'm being nickle and dimed. The product, understandably, has mutated a few times over the last few months because it started as just an idea that had to be hammered out. Now that it apparently is hammered out I'm led to believe that I only deserve to receive part of the final product I paid for. Can the new cost of a COMPLETE cab not be taken out of the jumpstarter money? I don't care if it costs an extra few dollars more now for the truly complete cab and I don't get the ten cab slots. I didn't want ten incomplete cab libraries. I just don't see why I might, still waiting on clarification here, have to spend MORE money than what I already have. Does this make sense to anyone else or am I way off base here? Also, I hope this doesn't come off as a bitch-fest or whining. There's been enough of that on the forum and is not my intention. Just confused.

are original axe 2 packages, still going to receive "free" upgrades as previously promised?

I just didn't think it was going to be THAT specific...I hope this doesn't come off as a bitch-fest or whining. There's been enough of that on the forum and is not my intention. Just confused.
No worries. I don't think you're whining, and it is confusing.

The Ownhammer products/plans/methods have been in such a state of flux that, to be honest, I stopped trying to make sense of it several pages ago. To be fair, I don't have any skin in the game, so it's not like I killed myself trying to figure it out, either. :) I just spent some time reading though old posts to piece together the precise terms of the deal. I quit after ten minutes, and that speaks to the need for an easy-to-find clarification.

From what I've read, I think Kevin is a straight-up guy who's doing some exciting things with IRs, and maybe not getting enough sleep in the process. For my part, I'm holding off until the dust settles and I can see the lay of the land.

For my part, I've invested in a Research and Development project in the hope that it will deliver something useful: "better" IRs. The re-thinking, re-categorisation, and re-organisation that Kevin has been doing are all common outputs from an R&D project. It's been an interesting ride just watching these things develop. I'm confident about two things. 1) Once the dust settles there will also be some useful products. 2) The products will be more useful than first imagined because of what Kevin has learned along the way.

For my part, I've invested in a Research and Development project in the hope that it will deliver something useful: "better" IRs. The re-thinking, re-categorisation, and re-organisation that Kevin has been doing are all common outputs from an R&D project. It's been an interesting ride just watching these things develop. I'm confident about two things. 1) Once the dust settles there will also be some useful products. 2) The products will be more useful than first imagined because of what Kevin has learned along the way.

I agree with all of that.

Back
Top Bottom