OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

After having the process explained to me by Kevin, I don't feel as though I have been misled/cheated/shorted or anything of the sort. I got what I invested in and more. Paying the extra few bucks for the additional IR's that were not part of the original deal is a no brainer for me. In the long run, I am way ahead in terms of overall cost. Where else can you find this kind of quality product for the price?

After having the process explained to me by Kevin, I don't feel as though I have been misled/cheated/shorted or anything of the sort. I got what I invested in and more. Paying the extra few bucks for the additional IR's that were not part of the original deal is a no brainer for me. In the long run, I am way ahead in terms of overall cost. Where else can you find this kind of quality product for the price?

^this right here! I plan to load the live n loud cabs tonight and try this weekend! I ordered yesterday and the return email was super fast! Thanks again Kevin for the top notch service!

^this right here! I plan to load the live n loud cabs tonight and try this weekend! I ordered yesterday and the return email was super fast! Thanks again Kevin for the top notch service!

Is Live & Loud and Studio Pro only available by adding the upgrade (if you're a top level jumpstarter)? Do you have to add an upgrade for both L&L and Studio Pro or are they covered in one upgrade item?

I feel the same.

Well said.

Richard

Is Live & Loud and Studio Pro only available by adding the upgrade (if you're a top level jumpstarter)? Do you have to add an upgrade for both L&L and Studio Pro or are they covered in one upgrade item?

They are both included when I purchased and downloaded the upgrade of wav to standard.

My previous post would have been my last, but I'm putting in one more to inform of a couple very important things:

Jump Starter WAV Bundle Clarification

This information will only be provided on my site where I have administrative control, and not continued here or any 3rd party location where I cannot block or remove inflammatory or unhelpful follow up. Any questions on the contents of that post? Please send me an email to discuss as it pertains to your individual account/inquiries:

Ownhammer Contact Page

The new Auxiliary captures are uploaded, save for the Nebula versions which I currently am at odds with due to an engine issue, more details:

412-GTR Bogner 12M-RI Update Change Log

A very lighthearted, but relevant, set of last question regarding the Live n Loud files, which is made clear on multiple areas of the OwnHammer website are only provided in the new Standard Series packages:

- If MS offered Win 7 as a free Win XP service pack, would you have bought Win 7?
- Technical limitations dismissed, if Fractal offered the Axe-II contents as a free Ultra firmware update, would you have still bought the Axe-II?
- If Avid offered Pro Tools 10 as a patch to 9, would you have paid for the upgrade?
- Etc, etc?

Facts of life that any respectful adult should be well aware of:

- Without the provision of a backyard money tree or end of rainbow pot of gold (leprechaun optional), businesses stay afloat by selling product.
- New products take time and resources, both of which cost money, as is required to sustain our ability and the ability of those dependent on us to survive.
- New products need incentive to buy.
- These libraries are horrifically under priced, as are the upgrade paths; unjustified entitlement sentiment only reflects poorly on those complaining.

This concludes my involvement in this thread. Thanks for all the good vibes, feedback, and interest, I look forward to providing you all with many new killer tones in the journey ahead.

Ciao!

unjustified entitlement sentiment only reflects poorly on those complaining.

I get the feeling at least part of that was aimed at me. Anyhoo, thanks for the clarification. Glad that this has been cleared up and I am 100% fine with every bit of it.

I don't feel entitled to anything at all, except some IRs, which I paid for. I don't want anything for which I cannot exchange in some form.

I hope that out of the 10 libraries, several hundred files, filters IRs, specialty thingies and so forth I can use a couple of IRs which will make my rig sound even better than it already does. If I only get to use 1 IR out of the lot and it does its magic, I'll consider that I have been well paid back for my investment in the Jumpstarter package.

If that one IR is not in these hundred files, then I will have had the satisfaction of knowing that I contributed to Kevin's business expansion and success. And that would be all right with me too.

The one hope I DO have, is the THE IR I'm looking for will be in that package and not in the "Pro" or Live and Loud series. Because unless I have a compelling reason to, I don't see why I would upgrade a package which I have not had a chance to experience yet and is supposed to be ne-plus-ultra of IRs.

I simply thought that when I ordered this series, I was buying the best there was.

"This whole thing came at no quick switch flip, it took time and a lot of cash. I bought, shot out, and am in the process of flipping most of near a dozen mic preamps as I wanted every single possible detail to be as perfect as possible."

To be told that there is a better best that's coming and that my buying the best was not good enough is just a bit weird.

So if that makes me entitled (which is a word that has become so nasty on this forum) and reflects poorly on me, so be it.

Well - I did read the FAQ on the OH site, and I still have no real idea of what I'll be getting, or need to order. Can any of those folks that have recently been illuminated do the same for me?

Thanks!

Pete

Jump Starter WAV Bundle Clarification For those who participated in the Jump Starter fundraiser in mid October of 2012 that purchased the WAV bundles, the below are the included features of those libraries on an individual library basis:
  • All Primary microphone captures (14 mics x 9 positions x 4 voicings = 504 unique files) in Axe-Fx, Axe-Fx-II, Kemper, and Wave Audio file formats.
  • All Auxiliary microphone captures (12 unique files) in Axe-Fx, Axe-Fx-II, Kemper, and Wave Audio file formats.
  • The upcoming "EQ Filter Pack" in Axe-Fx, Axe-Fx-II, and Wave Audio file formats.
Items that are not included:
  • The "Studio Pro" subset (80 files).
  • The "Live n Loud" subset (16 files).
  • Nebula format files (.n2p/.n2v).
Additional information:

The Studio Pro subset of files are the continuation of the MMS series libraries. These files are not included in anything sold from 2010 to 2012 as a WAV series library.

The Live n Loud files are a new capture process that was born year end of 2012 from observed interest in and trends of using overly dark IR's to offset an overly bright playback setup for people who use digital modeling devices in an FRFR configuration. These files are only available in the Standard Series version of a given library.

The Standard Series is the movement to consolidate all preexisting subdivisions of the same basic captures as well as the MMS series into a singular library type holding all file formats. The previous a la carte per format model was becoming too cumbersome to maintain and too confusing for new or potential customers.

Shodan/all -

Yup - as I said... read the FAQ. What I need to know is what SPEAKERS/CABS are available for my plundering... ?

Pete

seemed pretty straight forward to me, when I last checked. Has something else changed in the last week or did poor kevin get bogged down in the questions n complaints?

The way I understood it is that ownhammer are developing a few different projects at the same time and you cant have them all just because you did the jumpstarter. Surely, live n loud is a completely different application from the public beta.

Just downloaded the Standard after upgrading to it, and the file is over 1.1 gigs! Holy moley.

I can't help but think that it might be good to get these split up into separate zip files? I only need the Axe FX 2 ones, so I think I only need about 6-7mb of the total amount. I'm not sure how Kevin's website hosting works, but surely that's better on the pocket if we have that option?

Or is it just me that would use such a feature?

Just downloaded the Standard after upgrading to it, and the file is over 1.1 gigs! Holy moley.

I can't help but think that it might be good to get these split up into separate zip files? I only need the Axe FX 2 ones, so I think I only need about 6-7mb of the total amount. I'm not sure how Kevin's website hosting works, but surely that's better on the pocket if we have that option?

Or is it just me that would use such a feature?

Makes good sense. I would email Kevin directly, since I think he may not be on this forum anymore.

Makes good sense. I would email Kevin directly, since I think he may not be on this forum anymore.

I spoke to Kevin about this. Has to do with his site structure / transaction server IIRC.
He can't split the file now, maybe it's possible for future sets.

So far realllly digging the live n loud IR's. Particularly the vintage -R92 ! I have since removed both PEQ blocks in my preset that I was using to boost the mids in front of the amp and the high and low passes after. I feel like these IR's allow me to get what I need from the amp controls to get what I want. Any other passing will be done on the cab block depending on amp. The TWO-STONE sounds amazing!!! I am now using one mono hi res slot and removed the far field from the second slot via stereo which I was using prior.

Didn't have a ton of time to play last night, and will true test at the gig tomorrow through my IEM's. Having said that, these new IR's sound more "alive" to my ears through my yammie HS80m. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this upgrade! Thanks again Kevin!!!

Back
Top Bottom