OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

Yes but the jumpstarter guys don't get the live-n-loud IRs. I don't have them in my package.

So then you're telling me I spent $100 on the Tier 3 package and have to pay for conversions and don't get the Live N' Loud IR's which sound to be the ones everyone would want? That doesn't seem right. Kevin, please sort this out. I have already written you via your contact page.

I am confused!
I purchased the jumpstarter Tier 3 package. How do I get the 12M now and will I have to pay extra for the Live 'n' Loud IRs?

The Jump Starter package is a now legacy WAV library. The Live-n-Loud and Studio Pro captures are part of the Standard library. Each of the Jump Starter Wav slots can be upgraded by purchasing the WAV to STD Library Upgrade here.

I purchased Jump Starter Tier 3 Wave and my purchase price for the Standard library upgrade came to 4.50 after the frequency discount.

Last edited:
Is it possible that you get your 10 Cabinets as part of the Jumpstarter Program but they are the basic set of what Kevin is doing. You don't get the Live ir's etc unless you upgrade the package for the $6 or whatever the cost is. Does that sound correct Kevin? The original package that was offered in the JS program has grown a lot so I believe that is where the additional cost comes in. It has been confusing to me as well though so not sure if this is the case. Was also wondering if the additional ir's included in the JS program are also available in the updated format.

Edit:
Answered by the above post

Ok, still not 100% clear on this but here is what I'm getting form the FAQ.

1. The jump starter package was for the at the time called WAV packages
2. Since these were sold the WAV package has been depreciated and can no longer be purchased but has been superseded by the standard package
3. The jump starter guys get exactly what would have been the WAV package i.e. Standard minus the studio pro and live and loud etc.. which didn't even exist when the jumper stater was offered
4. The jump starter packages can be upgraded to standard for $6 per package

I think that this is correct based on previous posts and the current FAQ.

I agree that it would be a nice gesture if the jump starter packages were upgraded to standard free of charge as it was us guys who invested money to make the project happen in the first place. It would be like the interest payback on our loans, however, although this would be a nice gesture, I do not expect it or believe that I have a right to it.

I look forward to having a play with the cabs and also to upgrading to the pro version if that's what I need to do.

Regards

Spence

To quote Kevin,

Ownhammer: Once I upload the new zips that contain the Auxiliary folder as well as all files in the Kemper format (via their CabMaker app) some time tomorrow, this library is done.

From Ownhammer's site FAQ:

11) I have an AX1, AX2, or WAV library that is current version (known by the inclusion of the Balanced, Classic, Modern, and Vintage voicing options), but I can't find the 'Live-n-Loud' or 'Studio-Pro' IR's. Is something wrong?

No. The 'Live-n-Loud' captures are exclusive to the new Standard Series libraries. The 'Studio-Pro' captures are provided only in defunct MMS series library updates or found in the new Standard Series libraries. To upgrade your library to obtain these inclusions, please see the next Q/A listing on this page (#12).

12) There have been many changes to package contents, format inclusions, etc from 2010 to 2012; I purchased one or more of these formats for a given library, will I get the new standard files in an update?

The AX1, AX2, MMS, NEB, and WAV packaging formats are now defunct and no longer sold separately. Each will, however, receive updates that provide the individual and auxiliary mic captures in the original format inclusions only. All of these previous offerings have been combined into a single product dubbed the Standard Series, which not only merges all of the format inclusions, but also adds new features such as the 'Live-n-Loud' and 'Studio-Pro' subsets - invaluable additions for both the gigging and recording musician and audio professional. The following paid upgrade options are provided if these features are desired:
AX1 to STD: $19 (via this upgrade path)
AX2 to STD: $15 (via this upgrade path)
AX1 + AX2 to STD: $9 (via this upgrade path)
MMS to STD: $10 (via this upgrade path)
WAV to STD: $6 (via this upgrade path)
Many libraries, however, will be provided this upgrade for FREE. Any NEB libraries, or NEB libraries in combination with any other library series of the same cabinet and speaker model qualify for a free upgrade. In this case, the NEB libraries are updated to STD automatically, no further action on your part is required. If you have AX1, AX2, MMS, and/or WAV as the same cabinet and speaker model in addition to the NEB library, simply disregard them.

If you have a combination of identical speaker and cabinet model libraries that are not listed below, or do not include the NEB series, they too are qualified for a free upgrade, however you will need to send a message through the contact page to initiate the process.

For a combination to be valid for a free or paid upgrade, it MUST BE the same exact speaker and cabinet. Combinations of different series with different speaker/cabinet combinations will not be honored.

Last edited:
I snagged the tier 3 as well because I really liked what I heard from the beta's. All I really care about and am waiting for are a small number of cab libraries. If I can just use that Benjamin I threw down to get the standard package of the three or four cabs/speakers I really care about then that would be fantastic.

hmmm :?

xpenno's explanation seems the most concise. I agree that those of us who helped fund the project possibly should be rewarded with the full fruits of the labor, since we paid for it mid R&D and so far don't have a single library to enjoy. At this point, I'm still wondering what I bought exactly.

I just did the math on this and.....

If those of us who bought the Jump Starter Tier 3 package were to upgrade all ten slots in our package, it would be a 32% savings over buying ten individual Standard Libraries. That is a pretty smoking deal IMO.

If Kevin were to offer all Tier 3 Jump Starter participants free Standard upgrades, that would come to a 53% savings. That seems like asking a bit much from such a small operation, that (from what I understand) has been struggling to stay in or even get into the black.

I agree that it would be a nice gesture if the jump starter packages were upgraded to standard free of charge as it was us guys who invested money to make the project happen in the first place. It would be like the interest payback on our loans, however, although this would be a nice gesture, I do not expect it or believe that I have a right to it.

This. I know it is hard to think this way sometimes, but Kevin is not a large company nor is he likely to make a ginormous profit off this in the short term. He has invested WAY more than any of us have in this project (time, equipment, trial and error), mostly out of love and the pursuit of excellence from what I can tell. I don't feel bad paying $6 for an upgrade if I want it.

I would truly hate to see OwnHammer suffer due to an entitlement mentality. From the sound of things here, we don't have that mentality...but it might be starting to tip in that direction. Can we pull together as a community and support him, and try to understand that the packages that you'll be getting for your investment are actually much better than was promised in the first place? If we take that point of view, I think we all benefit.

I'm confused. So do I need the AX2 or WAV upgrade? They used to come together correct? Or will the WAV include Axe-FX II files?

I'm confused. So do I need the AX2 or WAV upgrade? They used to come together correct? Or will the WAV include Axe-FX II files?

If you went in on the Jump Start then you need the Wav upgrade. If you owned a previous library (which there wasn't an AX2 for this cab AFAIK) then you need the AX2 upgrade.

I just did the math on this and.....

If those of us who bought the Jump Starter Tier 3 package were to upgrade all ten slots in our package, it would be a 32% savings over buying ten individual Standard Libraries. That is a pretty smoking deal IMO.

If Kevin were to offer all Tier 3 Jump Starter participants free Standard upgrades, that would come to a 53% savings. That seems like asking a bit much from such a small operation, that (from what I understand) has been struggling to stay in or even get into the black.

I'm with you here, my only very minor niggle is that because these new prices/packages didn't exist when the jump starter was available for purchase, and we signed up for 10 of the NEW V2 packages. That as the full V2 package appears to include the studio pro and live and loud IRs, then maybe that's what we should get.

At the end of the day it's up to Kevin and I'll be happy either way, I get the impression that an incredible amount of work has gone into these and I have already sent him the cash for my upgrade, however I can see how others may not see things this way.

Either way I can't wait to have a play :)

Spence

*Edit* T.M.I.

The extra add ons require a significant amount of additional work and were not a part of the original plans, which all things considered I can't offer without charge from a standpoint of sustainability. The library without them still stands to rock socks, so it's genuinely nothing to get worked up about. :)

Xpenno's post #846 bullet points were accurate. The libraries were at that point sold at a 50% discount, which at the full price points are still roughly 10-20% of what they probably should be given the quality and amount of options contained. The core fundamental of the jumpstarter was for users to help themselves by provisioning funding (which was immediately spent, I didn't get to keep it, so it was actually a big loss for me in the long term) for new gear to be used in the library, which enhanced their tone options.

I can't work for free anymore guys, with my nickel and dime business model I'm completely tapped out in that department. Hope this makes sense! :)

Last edited:
So can i ask a question as i am now confused as Hell!

When i purchased the jumpstarter, It was on the agreement that I got 10 Lib which included Axe1, Axe2 and Wav Correct?

Are you now saying that you are moving the goal posts and saying we are now ONLY going to get wav and have to pay the extra for Axe2 files?

I understand that the Live n' Loud packages and Aux are part of the STD package but will you STILL get anything for the Jumpstarter or does it become unusable without the paying for upgrade?

Kevin, I understand your mean, and I really hope you'll get a success with the new librarys!
Just for the sake of clearing things up since quite a few are confused:
When us jumpstarters order a library, for example the 412 GTR Bogner M that's available now we get
1) Syx-files?
2) Wav-files?
3) Including every mic in the voicings Balanced, Classic, Modern, Vintage position 1-9?
4) How about Auxiliry Captures?
5) Then to get LIve'n'Loud we would pay $6 per library?
6) What about those Studio Pro? Where do they come into all this?

What if you own NO prior libraries then do you just Purchase the Bogner 12m for $25 and each indiv cab you want for $25 as they become avail

Back
Top Bottom