New Fractal product coming!!

I've been playing around with my used Peavey VYPYR Pro 100 which is basically a hybrid amp; has an analog distortion section but goes digital for all the effects. It's a really cool amp and sounds fantastic. I also recently just learned about the Marshall JMD which is is sort of similar in that it's a hybrid amp. This would be a cool thing for fractal to make!

The Behringer X32 is the bestselling mixer worldwide.
A fractal version would crush it in sound quality and it's a way bigger market than guitar modelers.
Just saying - it's not a stretch to take the Axe 3 engine and add a bunch of preamps to make it a better mixer than the X32.
Sound engineers around the globe wrestle with the fact that the X32 has permeated the market the way it has....just because it's a Behringer product. They are embarrassed to love it.
I believe people would love to abandon Behringer for a higher quality product.

Time will tell....
Your implication here that there are not other manufacturers who currently offer an alternative that sounds and performs better? There are more competitors in this market than Fractal has in its' own core market. Yamaha, A&H, Soundcraft, Presonus, Tascam, QSC, Roland, Mackie, Peavey, all have digital mixers that compete with Behringer. Plenty of fish in that sea, and plenty of better options than a Behringer. If this was 15 years ago, you'd have a slight point in limited options for a better alternative.

The market for a high quality digital mixer made by a company who is only known for making a very specific high end guitar modeling product is very small. I highly doubt that Fractal is going to suddenly jump into a market that they have no footing, and where they are not known. Bigger companies than Fractal have tried to cross-pollinate only to fail miserably.

A competitively priced Fractal Native type plugin would nuke the plugin market. But I find it unlikely, as much as I’d love it. Plugins are so great for writing or portable practice, and it would open up a whole new market of bedroom players.
The only way for fractal to avoid piracy is to release a fractal audio interface.

And I would buy a fractal audio interface without a doubt.

Fm3 on the pedalboard and Fractal-X for home use

Your implication here that there are not other manufacturers who currently offer an alternative that sounds and performs better? There are more competitors in this market than Fractal has in its' own core market. Yamaha, A&H, Soundcraft, Presonus, Tascam, QSC, Roland, Mackie, Peavey, all have digital mixers that compete with Behringer. Plenty of fish in that sea, and plenty of better options than a Behringer. If this was 15 years ago, you'd have a slight point in limited options for a better alternative.

The market for a high quality digital mixer made by a company who is only known for making a very specific high end guitar modeling product is very small. I highly doubt that Fractal is going to suddenly jump into a market that they have no footing, and where they are not known. Bigger companies than Fractal have tried to cross-pollinate only to fail miserably.
Hey, a guy can dream, can't he!

(this is a topic swerve) - I've tried Presonus, Soundcraft, QSC, A&H and owned multiple Yamaha digital mixers. Feature for feature, Behringer is just a better purchase. They're just so hard to beat for the features vs. price.

Being that Line 6 crash and burned with their digital mixer....you are likely right. (but I'm still hoping for a mixer)

There was talk of french toast (or maybe waffles), but there was none to be had. -Hank Venture
the venture bros batman GIF

The only way for fractal to avoid piracy is to release a fractal audio interface.

And I would buy a fractal audio interface without a doubt.

Fm3 on the pedalboard and Fractal-X for home use
I think the beauty of a plugin is you could have the entirety of the III in a VST. I think Helix did it pretty successfully. I’m not convinced that they need an Apollo-type interface though. Line 6 didn’t seem to really care about the piracy issue with HX Native. I think a plugin is needed because that market is definitely expanding due to companies like Neural, Line 6, IK, etc.

Sorry, but just having the ability to hook something up to the computer does not make it an interface. I know you can record guitars via USB, but interfaces have at least one mic pre and can do more than 48k recording. Most who are serious about recording don't even use that feature as we have real audio interfaces available.

On that topic, that market is at least as saturated as the mixer market. Fractal has a history of innovation within their main area of expertise and I'm sure whatever they are cooking will be amazing.

Reactions: BBN
And that's not all! You can also use it as a standalone modeler!

You both have it wrong. The Axe-FX III is just way too big to use as an interface, so what you'd actually want is something much smaller and more compact. It would still have mostly the same software, but the price would be cut in half. Maybe even revolve it around live play and add some footswitches or something? I think we're on to something here

Back
Top Bottom