New Fractal product coming!!

I wouldn’t be interested in a load or new version of it. I’m plenty happy with my PS100. The smaller pedal form factor discusses with limited block doesn’t interest me either. But I can see it being quite the hit with people in general looking at these amps in a pedal.

Because an impedance curve isn’t a EQ curve. Impedance is the opposition to alternating current, and a speaker's impedance varies with each frequency so it’s not a simple eq. You can’t have a digital impedance curve interact with an analog amp. You need physical components like inductors to provide that opposition for the amp which in return changes the way the amp responds to different cabs and speakers. You can change the load box curves by changing/varying the components (vary the resonant peak LB-2 style) but you have to have that design in physical components. Some companies claim to put impedance curves in there IR Apps but that’s just an eq that sounds nothing like a true load box or speaker.
What are the different impedance curves that you can select in the amp block doing on the Axe FX if you can’t simulate it with software?

What are the different impedance curves that you can select in the amp block doing on the Axe FX if you can’t simulate it with software?

They are interacting with a digital amp; everything stays in the digital/modeled realm. The difficulties are when crossing back to the analog realm, you need analog components to do that, or you don't get the changes on the analog amp side that are induced by the impedance curve.

You can, but the IR is the wrong part of the chain to simulate it.

This is a reason why the impedance curves are part of the Amp Block, and not part of the Cab or IR Blocks. Fractal models how the power amp section reacts to the impedance curve across the frequency spectrum for a given speaker cab. Generally you turn off the power section modeling when using Fractal with an external power amp though, so the digital curve isn't in play.

I posted moths ago.
a standalone stomp sized complete series of pedals would be amazing.

1 noise gate / tuner
2 compressors
3 drives
4 amps
5 cabs / IRs
6 modulation FX
7 delay FX
8 reverb FX
9 pitch FX
10 synth

11 > world domination
If I'm reading this right, and I think I am, the new device will be using some heretofore unheard of moth based technology. I'm in.

How do you like that FR-12 compared to a SD PowerStage and a real guitar cab. I'm waiting GC to get their FR-10. Very curious.

I've never compared them. Last time I played with a real guitar CAB (pictured below) was back in the ages of the ART SGX2000. Since then I've ever played FRFR.

The obvious difference would be that with a guitar CAB you can only get the tone of that particular guitar CAB, wile with the FRFR you can get a CAB tone from any IR.

Unlike all the PA powered speakers, monitors and keyboard amps that I've tried, the FR-12 feels like playing in front of a real amp/cab. It has that special punch that moves the air.

Peluso_00.jpg

I've never compared them. Last time I played with a real guitar CAB (pictured below) was back in the ages of the ART SGX2000. Since then I've ever played FRFR.

The obvious difference would be that with a guitar CAB you can only get the tone of that particular guitar CAB, wile with the FRFR you can get a CAB tone from any IR.

Unlike all the PA powered speakers, monitors and keyboard amps that I've tried, the FR-12 feels like playing in front of a real amp/cab. It has that special punch that moves the air.

View attachment 143739
Like the finish on that guitar!

A new product that supersedes both the FM3 and FM9? Maybe a new flagship model. Either way, I will never need more than my 1st run FM3. As an FM3 owner for the past 3 years, it was more than I needed with its initial firmware let alone now with its v9 features. But whatever the new product, it will always be good to see Fractal's products at the forefront of guitar modelling system technology and leading the way which they are currently doing.

A new product that supersedes both the FM3 and FM9? Maybe a new flagship model. Either way, I will never need more than my 1st run FM3. As an FM3 owner for the past 3 years, it was more than I needed with its initial firmware let alone now with its v9 features. But whatever the new product, it will always be good to see Fractal's products at the forefront of guitar modelling system technology and leading the way which they are currently doing.
Doesn’t look like it’s a new version of the FX/FM.

https://thegearforum.com/threads/fractal-audio-systems-mystery-product-speculation.6102/post-239385

What about an effects rack that can be used for live production and studio? A mega powerful reverb in an effects rack from Fractal would be sweet.

Also maybe just a reverb pedal?

Last edited:
Maybe a new box one can use to better model an existing amp and load into the fix/fm? My wish would still be for a desk top controller of some kind. More knobs buttons to get more tweaky up front without a lot of menu switching or diving.

I would love to see a variation on the Fryette Power Station concept, where you essentially put the amp in the loop of the new fractal unit, allowing you to put effects pre and post amp.

Back
Top Bottom