New Fractal product coming!!

My guess is something like an IR loader pedal, based on the dynacabs, to be controlled via cablab.
This could also bring the highest quality dyna IR to the FM3 and free up some cpu.

I came to offer this suggestion. I feel like this could be a great option to show off their DynaCabs and break into a new market with folks that use preamp pedals and need speaker sims.

Man a Fractal FRFR solution or Flat Poweramp would be amazing.
The problem is the margins on FRFR are extremely low and ramping up that kind of business unit is very high if you want to do something unique. They already recently started selling another company’s frfr so I really doubt it.

I’m very interested to see what’s coming though! I’ve been wrong most of the time in my life so you might get your wish.

Reactions: rog
August 24 is national waffle day. Just sayin‘
Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

I think it would be cool if it were a single button stompbox that provides a single amp block and cab block. Just a single bypass switch. No effects, marketed toward slotting into existing pedal boards. Stereo TRS I/O with an FX loop that inserts between amp and cab.

$200-$300. Would blow every single other pedal board amp box off the market.

I understand how load boxes work, but what’s stopping someone from applying the EQ of the various impedances like we can with Axe FX amp models? I understand you can’t change the physical hardware routing, but is it not possible to have variable EQ curves between the load and the final output?
Because an impedance curve isn’t a EQ curve. Impedance is the opposition to alternating current, and a speaker's impedance varies with each frequency so it’s not a simple eq. You can’t have a digital impedance curve interact with an analog amp. You need physical components like inductors to provide that opposition for the amp which in return changes the way the amp responds to different cabs and speakers. You can change the load box curves by changing/varying the components (vary the resonant peak LB-2 style) but you have to have that design in physical components. Some companies claim to put impedance curves in there IR Apps but that’s just an eq that sounds nothing like a true load box or speaker.

I would love to see an updated X-Load with DynaCabs, I'd buy it day one as I see flaws in both the Suhr and Two Notes units.

However, looking at the market with small amp in a box units like the Tonex, Kemper Player, Mooer Preamp X, Friedman IR-X, etc., I'm thinking it's going to be a Tonex rival. Maybe we'll see the Fractal amps in it, or maybe it's going to have tone capture ability. But if I had to bet on a device, it would be something like this as opposed to an effects unit.

Back
Top Bottom