New Fractal product coming!!

I know this likely won't happen. But man, a UAD style interface with all the onboard Fractal effects available would be amazing.

I've been using my dedicated audio interface to send and receive S/PDIF to the Axe Fx III in real time. Mic into the interface, rout the input to and from the AFX. Tube pre, a couple compressors (1176 style to clip off occasional peaks and a slower optical to do more general compression), a Parametric eq, and the Multiband as a Deeser makes for a really pleasing, enhanced, vocal sound. Maybe I should try the cab block with a Null IR and the preamp emulation. I'm liking it so much, maybe one day I'll grab an apollo twin. But I'd rather a fractal. I'll have to grab an external preamp, so I can plug in directly to my Axe Fx, avoiding some latency.

Edit: I'll also say that while mixing an album, I was searching through my (hoarder status) stash of plugins for a great chorus effect on a few tracks. Ended up printing through the Axe-Fx III because it just delivers.

Last edited:
What are the flaws with the Suhr?

I'd like to see an X-Load with Dynacabs also, and I'd REALLY like for it to be in a rack mount format. That's my only complaint with my Suhr RLIR
I bought the Suhr RL IR and found it made a lot of my IRs sound really bad. IDK exactly why, could be the 20ms truncation, but either way it made all my IRs, even ones I made myself, sound terrible. Having said that, I absolutely love the old Suhr RL, non IR version. I think it's a great load box with a wonderful impedance curve.

I never had a problem getting my IRs to sound correct in the FM9, FM3, or the Torpedo Captor X, but the Suhr RL IR was problematic at best, for me at least.

Based on how Fractal modeling works, I don't think that would work well with Fractal modeling.

My guess based on requiring firmware and not replacing an existing product would be a current generation version of the FX8, effects only (as stated earlier).
How long ago was the fx8? I wonder how compact a modern take could be. Maybe small enough like a FM3 or a 1u rack that would integrate easily into the axe?

My guess based on requiring firmware and not replacing an existing product would be a current generation version of the FX8, effects only (as stated earlier).
Given this not so old statement from Cliff, might not be that likely
The FX8 was the best analog path I'd ever designed but the product, unfortunately, did not sell well. I took that design, tweaked it a bit and used it in the Axe-Fx III.

How long ago was the fx8? I wonder how compact a modern take could be. Maybe small enough like a FM3 or a 1u rack that would integrate easily into the axe?
If it were to happen, I don't think it would be small. I would imagine it would be the same chassis as the FM9.

It's been about 6-7 years since the FX8...

My guess is that it could really be a Synthesizer like Boss Synth or similar. We‘ll see, soon...
I remember being told years ago by FAS that they would never get into the synth business, when I inquired about it. I would love to see it, because that market really needs some innovation, but I'm not putting my chips on that one.

Back
Top Bottom