New Fractal product coming!!

They already have that: Axe Fx III, FM9, FM3
Sort of. But think if there was an Fractal interface that wasn't geared at all towards live performance, and less to guitarists. So it would have phantom power, XLR inputs, fewer outputs- and other things that drive up the cost and size of the chasis. a few dozen presets geared towards general multi instrument recording. These days I only use my AXE3 as an interface when I plan to re-amp. I could see a niche there, not that I've thought it all the way through!

Sort of. But think if there was an Fractal interface that wasn't geared at all towards live performance, and less to guitarists. So it would have phantom power, XLR inputs, fewer outputs- and other things that drive up the cost and size of the chasis. a few dozen presets geared towards general multi instrument recording. These days I only use my AXE3 as an interface when I plan to re-amp. I could see a niche there, not that I've thought it all the way through!

What would be the benefit of me purchasing this over my Scarlett Solo though? Since interface quality is mostly the same up until $1000 or so, which would just bring us into FM3 territory and thus be null, they would have to compete with the popular budget-range interfaces, which already inherently allow more control than if they had pre-installed modeling software. Hence why I think skipping the interface game and diving straight into the plugin market would be the better option.

I just want to point out for those who think a plug in is less. What do people think the Axe and FMs are. A dedicated computer with some hardware wired in. It is a computer dedicated to the fractal software. A plugin can be fractal software run on a computer. Other than the physical interface inside it should operate the same barring those who always try to squeeze a big block in a bug and wonder why the body twisted. Proper power and computer build would be needed for a good program to run. Right?

I just want to point out for those who think a plug in is less. What do people think the Axe and FMs are. A dedicated computer with some hardware wired in. It is a computer dedicated to the fractal software. A plugin can be fractal software run on a computer. Other than the physical interface inside it should operate the same barring those who always try to squeeze a big block in a bug and wonder why the body twisted. Proper power and computer build would be needed for a good program to run. Right?
It's a specialized computer with hardware DSP...

Whether it can run on a general purpose personal computer, and to what degree, is not something any of us knows.

I'm guessing you haven't read the thread? There is firmware involved... It's not a plugin.
You know that distinction didn’t kick in until you pointed it out. Maybe it is some kind of power amp to connect to guitar cabs or other with true interaction between the amp and speaker feel?

Bit now I can go back to dreaming about a axe fx3 desktop controller, (saying to myself , yea, fist pump) hahaha

Even if it isn’t something I can afford or need I’m still excited to see what it is. So I guess the thread is doing its job generating discussion and excitement.

You know that distinction didn’t kick in until you pointed it out. Maybe it is some kind of power amp to connect to guitar cabs or other with true interaction between the amp and speaker feel?
Based on how Fractal modeling works, I don't think that would work well with Fractal modeling.

My guess based on requiring firmware and not replacing an existing product would be a current generation version of the FX8, effects only (as stated earlier).

Because Fractal's never got anything brewing, right?
WAT
629695309-c0fc7532e6ada509baa66815c1bee98cce5dc60927146d89e615a534e24dbb5d-d_750x421.875

I Hope in a unit simil attuenator / digital interface with a PROPER CAB MODELLING.

With all the strong, punch and solid frequencies response and Dynamic of a real miked session.
And rooms, several High quality studio rooms included for the best results

Thing that today Is covered at 70% from any best modeller (all manufacturers included) as result.

Back
Top Bottom