New Fractal product coming!!

I remember being told years ago by FAS that they would never get into the synth business, when I inquired about it. I would love to see it, because that market really needs some innovation, but I'm not putting my chips on that one.
What trends do you see needing to be disrupted and innovated upon in the synth world? I feel like I'm wading through too many great and innovative synths every time I click on any producer-tuber videos. And watching people like DATABROTH do live sound design on stream makes me think the only corner in the synth world lacking innovation is my own creativity.

Some that come to mind:
Falcon, MSoundFactory (think an infinitely deep but more clunky axe fx ecosystem for synths and sampling), Reaktor, Plasmonic, Synplant 2 (its like amp profiling for synth patches), Dawsome Myth, U-He for amazing virtual analog and especially modern innovation with Zebralette3 (and ultimately Zebra 3) in public beta right now, Twin3 if you're into hyper-modern looking virtual analog, Omnisphere still being insane and possibly the best, Pigments, Phase Plant, Serum, Vital, freaking PIANOTEQ, Sumu. I'm sure I'm forgetting about 50 honorable (or more than honorable) mentions.

Last edited:
What trends do you see needing to be disrupted and innovated upon in the synth world? I feel like I'm wading through too many great and innovative synths every time I click on any producer-tuber videos. And watching people like DATABROTH do live sound design on stream makes me think the only corner in the synth world lacking innovation is my own creativity.

Some that come to mind:
Falcon, MSoundFactory (think an infinitely deep but more clunky axe fx ecosystem for synths and sampling), Reaktor, Plasmonic, Synplant 2 (its like amp profiling for synth patches), Dawsome Myth, U-He for amazing virtual analog and especially modern innovation with Zebralette3 (and ultimately Zebra 3) in public beta right now, Twin3 if you're into hyper-modern looking virtual analog, Omnisphere still being insane and possibly the best, Pigments, Phase Plant, Serum, Vital, freaking PIANOTEQ, Sumu. I'm sure I'm forgetting about 50 honorable (or more than honorable) mentions.
You should be ashamed of yourself for posting this list of so many synths, some of which I own, and some of which I now want! Hahaha

Some that come to mind:
Don't disagree with you from the software side. My point, which clearly was made poorly, is the guitar interface. I sit here with my 25-year-old-or-so Godin LGXT and Axon AX-100 and feel that in all that time, I really don't feel like the technology has passed me by. Would I feel that way if I was still running the Axe-FX Standard or Ultra from the same time period? Surely not.

Don't disagree with you from the software side. My point, which clearly was made poorly, is the guitar interface. I sit here with my 25-year-old-or-so Godin LGXT and Axon AX-100 and feel that in all that time, I really don't feel like the technology has passed me by. Would I feel that way if I was still running the Axe-FX Standard or Ultra from the same time period? Surely not.
I think when you said "synth" you probably meant "guitar synth", which is a different topic...

I think when you said "synth" you probably meant "guitar synth", which is a different topic...
Ahh. I understand now. Surely if Fractal makes a guitar synth and or a method of interfacing with a synth via guitar, it would be excellent and exciting. I'd love to try it if they ever go in that direction.

I remember being told years ago by FAS that they would never get into the synth business, when I inquired about it. I would love to see it, because that market really needs some innovation, but I'm not putting my chips on that one.
If you got me wrong sorry but, my speculation inclined more towards a Guitar Synthesizer of some kind, not software/plugin related. Time will tell, it will be nice addition to the Fractal world in my opinion. 😀

If you got me wrong sorry but, my speculation inclined more towards a Guitar Synthesizer of some kind, not software/plugin related. Time will tell, it will be nice addition to the Fractal world in my opinion. 😀
That might be cool. I really enjoy my Spectrum and C4synth a fractal device would be very interesting. Something I haven’t delved into in the Axe yet is the effects.

Last edited:
What if it would be an external pedal for some specific effect? Something like a (programmable) "overdrive" pedal or a whammy pedal (or transpose pedal), another one for reverbs or delays? Some specific effect pedals like strymon does

Forget about the Waffle maker… a lot of people would forget refresh after new firmware! My two pennies for a unit with power amp (now that I’ve bought the SD Powerstage 700)

Back
Top Bottom